Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers on Focalprice? For Cheap?

Now I know most of CNI's stuff is the same as Laserglow (except CNI won't sell the hercules Laserglow exclusive :(), and that Viasho's is different from Optotronics (Viasho rep confirmed this), however could this laser from focalprice be the same as the ones offered on skylasers? I wonder what company manufactures this, if we can get even cheaper than focalprice prices it'd be great

Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082,PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.

Portable Lasers - Green Portable Laser by SKYlasers

Ash

1. Focalprice is known for sending under-spec lasers. That is why they are so cheap.
2. That laser at Focalprice looks like the SKYlasers one, but I would bet it is an imitation (expensive knock-off), built in China.
:undecided:

Really do you have a link. And I doubt it's a knockoff that wouldn't make sense, it'd just be cheaper to design your own.

I've had a 50mW pen from FP, but I was very disappointed with its performance. It did output good power for ~1sec, then hopped to TEM01 and power decreased to less than half. Here is the link:
http://www.focalprice.com/detail_LP098S.html
It looked like exactly like the pens SkyLasers sell, including the stickers. The optical construction of the module was the same as the one shown on SkyLaser site (excluding the IR filter).http://www.skylasers.com/dpss-laser.html
I think there are three possibilities:
1. FP buys QC rejects from Sky for cheap.
2. These lasers are made-to-order for FP using lower quality materials to decrease the price.
3. Counterfeit products.

Last edited:
I think they sell QC rejects. I got a 30mW sky-style, and while it puts out 50mW of laser light, 45mW is IR - there is so much, you can actually see the Ir dot next to the green one

I own a red 50 mW sky-style pen.
It works ;D The beam is really thick but the Dot stays the same size over hundrets of meters.
Ive heard that the Skylaser pens have a feature that when the key is set to the yellow point it will only output 5mW. Mine doesnt even lase when the key is set to that position...
For people with the green lasers from Focalprice:
Does your laser lase when the key is set to the yellow point?

Best regards
game-genie

Last edited:

Yes, it did lase, but the output was very dependent of the voltage of the batteries.

Last edited:
I own a red 50 mW sky-style pen.
It works ;D The divergance is really bad but the Dot stays the same size over hundrets of meters.
Ive heard that the Skylaser pens have a feature that when the key is set to the yellow point it will only output 5mW. Mine doesnt even lase when the key is set to that position...

Best regards
game-genie

Wut??

jwc

I think he means that the beam is really thick, not that the divergence is bad.

These are most likely QC rejects. At one point, I wanted to buy one of those portables just to take the host apart and install my own laser (I bet they use cmount hosings, so a 4W IR laser would work pretty nicely in that host). But they're too expensive to do that, even if you were to sell the crystal housing.

I think he means that the beam is really thick, not that the divergence is bad.

These are most likely QC rejects. At one point, I wanted to buy one of those portables just to take the host apart and install my own laser (I bet they use cmount hosings, so a 4W IR laser would work pretty nicely in that host). But they're too expensive to do that, even if you were to sell the crystal housing.

Ouupss...
My bad ^^ JWC was right !
Fixed it now...

game

I am getting mixed symbols lol, FP is good, FP is bad, and FP isok sometimes just hoping if anyone could clarify.

Thanks

I am wholesaler, and ive met 90% of all the laser manerfactures, in perticular the manerfacture who sells this laser to focalprice , the only difference in laser quality is they use lower power pump diodes , so overall life time is shortend eg the 500mw sky laser uses a 2.5w laser diode so life expectancy is much longer , some of focalprice's lasers are a bargain, which i purchse wholesale. If your intrested I sell the <500mw verions of this laser which average 485mw after 20 mins on for 600 uk pounds on ioffer, but if qoute your from the laserpointerforoums i will sell them for 450 uk pounds.

have a look GREEN LASER 500MW WWW.SKYLASERS.NET For Sale