Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sky 650nm 1Watt Beam

Blord

question on the first ring....the aperature open/ close.....not the lens which is the 3rd ring. mine has no effect on the beam. turned to the max in either direction it does nothing. Is this also normal or was it a redundant feature that they don't use. closing the aperaature , why when you can close the lens?

You mean the the third ring from the top. The third ring is the focus locking ring. It keeps the second ring ( focus ring ) in place.

I would asked for a refund. Not quite 1 Watt. :na:
Just kidding, that is an awesome laser.
I am going to order this laser in the second GB.

Last edited:

Fiddy

My 1w 660 diode is pretty bright. At about 1.5A it makes 1w with a 3 element glass lens for red.

It's the thought that counts its got your name and everything. Lpm I think is a logical next step.

9Ring

It's the thought that counts its got your name and everything. Lpm I think is a logical next step.

thats it, prepare for combat.!!..lol JK.

I was shocked it did. How my wife did this, means she is monitoring
my internet activities.....no way she got it from just our laser talks
It was made for me according to Alant, not an off the shelf item, so i would assume they tested it before it went out.....unless they fubbed 1000mw with 100mw.

Upon looking at their website the 635 are far more expensive per mw.

Dan......lets make that LPM order. email or pm the final detials

Edit: i realize now that the Sky is a well built laser that upto spec. I am just spoiled with the more visable 445 and 532's the wavelength also makes sense as its about 45=50% less visable to the ey than a 635 would be.
( i've read it here on the forums)

my next SKY laser will be a 532. however on a moonless night i can see a decsent beam from the 650 buti has to be real dark....no moonlight to wash it out.)

thanks SKY laser....all in all a good laser, my expectation were just unrealistic.

Last edited:
Patience grasshopper, I am in the midst of heated negotiations with the manager of my finances aka my woman, and I have motioned for allowance to purchase said lpm for quote, "christmas".... motion is being reviewed by the board.
:D
BTW you can get the discount he offers it to all lpf members

Last edited:
650nm is down by about a factor of ten versus the most visible wavelength (+-560nm), and the atmosphere doesn't scatter red nearly as well as shorter wavelengths like 532 and 450, so you aren't going to see red beams to match the blue and green - even if you do use smoke. There's only one thing that'll fix that - MORE POWER! :D

R.

Pman

Very interesting discussion. Glad my 1W+ is going to be 635nm.
Hate to admit it but I was diggin the sounds:)