Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sketchiest Laser You've Ever Seen? Plus 100Million Watt Laser!

So we've all seen the laser 301 scams with chinese companies claiming their $5 lasers are rated at 200mW. But.... today I found something just absurdly ridiculous.
Here's the link:crackup::
focusable high power blue laser pointers 500000mw 50w 450nm burning match/paper/dry wood/candle/black free shipping-in Laser Pointers from Office & School Supplies on Aliexpress.com

That's right.. "500,000mW" :thinking:

Anyway, share any "sketchy" or "iffy" lasers you've seen online!

Here's the 100 Million Watt Laser if you're interested:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supe...ength-can-cut-anything-5-laser/597272684.html

Last edited:

:beer: Let's just hope no one buys this then comes to the forum asking if it's real...

upaa27

Lol I think the member bubbalaser was one of the best ones.

You mean you can't fit 50 watts of output into a handheld?

My life is a lie.

:cryyy::na:

mwang

I like how on the 500000mw mentioned in the op, the specs say it runs at 7 V 1.1 A

The post contradicts itself... 7.7W power consumption for 500W power output? I wish I could create energy.

So we've all seen the laser 301 scams with chinese companies claiming their $5 lasers are rated at 200mW. But.... today I found something just absurdly ridiculous.
Here's the link:crackup::
focusable high power blue laser pointers 500000mw 50w 450nm burning match/paper/dry wood/candle/black free shipping-in Laser Pointers from Office & School Supplies on Aliexpress.com

That's right.. "500,000mW" :thinking:

Anyway, share any "sketchy" or "iffy" lasers you've seen online!

Here's the 100 Million Watt Laser if you're interested:
Super HIgh Power 100Million W Blue Laser Focus Pointer 450nm Wave length can cut anything 5 laser heads+2 battery Free shipping-in EL Products from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

Its good to know that two 16340 Ultrafires can provide 100 million watts, I always had the impression they weren't very good batteries. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Alan

I might have to get one of the 100million W lasers, the title says "can cut anything" aswell so its a cheap alternative for someone wanting to cut steel or tungsten etc,
Hahahaha, Plus aliexpress says "refund or keep items if not as described" so what can go wrong?:banghead:

So they finally went from the obsolete "Type whatever number looks OK for the power declaration" to the new "Type whatever number" method of product specification declaration.

It's good for humor effect for us, I guess, but I think it's just a matter of time before some know-it-all types start getting all condencend-y on somebody's "Only two watt laser? HA YOU GOT SO RIPPED OFF, I saw 500 Watts laser for half that price".

Not to mention possible paypal disputes that "burning laser is actually only couple hundred milliwatts, what a rip off".

The funniest thing about the "million watt" laser is the picture of the ambulance two thirds of the way down! They obviously wanted a picture of a post van, saw "EMS" but failed to notice the word paramedic... :crackup: maybe it's so good at burning you need an ambulance?

Last edited:

Things

Resized%20laser%20heatsink.jpg