Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

should wesdaman be banned...AGAIN?

should wesdaman be banned

• yes

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • let c0ld decide

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Jaseth

Gordon - what we have already said a couple of times and you do not appear to have understood is that it is NOT because of his beliefs that he is being banned.
If he simply created a thread discussing the possibility of 9/11 being an inside job or something similar and then presented some fair points and debated it, nobody would have a problem.
What we do not like is that he creates multiple threads, stuffs his opinions down other people's throats, refuses to listen to anyone else, does not respect basic things such as not bringing up the "inside job" idea on the anniversary of the incident, simply copy pastes everything from different propaganda websites and is disrespectful in general.

Please say if there is something in my statement you do not understand..
I do agree that it would be a terribly slippery slope if we started banning people solely for their beliefs and I understand that you want to debate that problem, but that is not the basis for this current event :)

Seb

Haha! That's hilarious!

All of these threads just turn into giant flamewars. Time to insert funny graphics (hopefully not all of you have seen them already):

FLAMEWAR.gif

Yoda-Flame-war-begun.jpg

flamewar_kitten.jpg

LOL nice one!!! look at my avatar!! im slashing thru!! heheehhe

i dont really want it removed. im an atheist who openly mocks all religions. i was just trying to say thats we cant be too picky about whats offensive and whats not. you missed what i was getting at completely. i wasnt trying to use the threadjack luke. im sorry it was misleading. do you see what i mean though ?

here's a snippet from something that me and other moderators post on another forum that we moderate with regards to this whole "freedom of speech" crap

"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's living room, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet. Also note that if any site is not in the US, the rules can change drastically...

so... rules are set.
forum admins set them, and if not followed.. buh bye.

so, no one can throw this freedom of speech crap around this forum.. and that's the only "political" thing i'm gonna say here.

Last edited:
ok your right.. nobody mentioned removing threads. my bad

what im getting @ is
if we are removing a member for posting beliefs that others disagree with *repeated or not*
where does it stop ?

does interfence = banhammer if the vets disagree?

i just think its important to discuss this kinda thing

Hey GoRdOn_B.... You need to read this Thread from the beginning...

This thread has nothing to do with banning someone for their beliefs or
opinions...

It has to do with the incessant 9-11 Conspiracy posts of Wes and his racist
under the table remarks against African Americans... and the fact
that he has not contributed anything related to lasers since we
moved to the new Forum...

As well as the Fact that he was Banned on the old Forum but snuck
into the New Forum and was allowed to stay...

BTW... that is what we are doing.... we are discussing it...

[EDIT]
You don't want what (it) removed...no-one said anything about removing
some ????...
I do see that you still want to discuss the Religion Thread here...
I've already posted that this is not the Thread for that....

Jerry

Last edited:

Jaseth

here's a snippet from something that me and other moderators post on another forum that we moderate with regards to this whole "freedom of speech" crap

"Freedom of Speech" is not a term that applies to any private site that allows posting by members. The US First Amendment only applies to not allowing the US government to censor most speech. As soon as you step into a private site like this, you are in someone else's living room, not in a public space, and the owner - the person paying the bills - can set any rules they want and a poster can either agree or leave. No problem, but just trying to correct an all too common error of perception about the internet. Also note that if any site is not in the US, the rules can change drastically...

so... rules are set.
forum admins set them, and if not followed.. buh bye.

so, no one can throw this freedom of speech crap around this forum.. and that's the only "political" thing i'm gonna say here.

Thank you, I was just about to post something similar.. you saved me the time and probably expressed it better than I would have.
Seb

Heh on another forum I go to, the offtopic section specifically says in the subtitle "no religious or political discussion"

That's because in the history of the world, there has been only one possible outcome of such discussions.

But I'm kind of twisted and have been known to argue for the sake of arguing and/or entertainment..

Hey GoRdOn_B.... You need to read this Thread from the beginning...

This thread has nothing to do with banning someone for their beliefs or
opinions...

It has to do with the incessant 9-11 Conspiracy posts of Wes and his racist
under the table remarks against African Americans... and the fact
that he has not contributed anything related to lasers since we
moved to the new Forum...

As well as the Fact that he was Banned on the old Forum but snuck
into the New Forum and was allowed to stay...

BTW... that is what we are doing.... we are discussing it...

Jerry

i did read from beginning to end.. like i always do
i mentioned that i agree with all of that above in the other thread before i jumped in on this one instead of spamming 2 or 3 of them.

i did say repeated posts and ramming opinions down throats is bad. i also mentioned not contributing anything laser related & about him being banned before. i did mention all of that. im not even saying dont ban him. i said let the poll decide. i agree for the most part about the spam and no contrib.

when i mentioned the religion thread i was just trying to make a point and i dont think i came off the right was and was taken out of context.
but im glad there is no name calling in this thread and that we are actually having a discussion rather than a catfight.

i must to go for now..

Good reply.... I understand now what you wanted to say..:cool:

BTW... the no name calling is probably due to the fact that most of the
members on this thread are adults....:eg:

Jerry

Last edited:
Wes....
I think this is the most intellectual thing you've posted all day...
maybe all month....

and Funny...:crackup::cool:

Jerry

Last edited:
Wes....
I think this is the most intellectual thing you've posted all day...
maybe all month....

and Funny...:crackup::cool:

Jerry

That was a funny post. I read and I was like wait who is this threa about again? oh hahahahah!
He's said the same thing in past threads about him being banned. Be original for once, Wes. He's been banned multiple times. I cannot even comprehend why the HELL he is still here. He fails as a human being. Why just yesterday he called me a nigger :tsk:

He's said the same thing in past threads about him being banned. Be original for once, Wes. He's been banned multiple times. I cannot even comprehend why the HELL he is still here. He fails as a human being. Why just yesterday he called me a nigger :tsk:

So are you acknowledging that you are one, or that your not ?
Because if you are not, then it would have no meaning to you, but if you are then oh by all means. Its like someone Calling me Fat, ha i know its not true so just ignore it.
Basic Life principle.

So are you acknowledging that you are one, or that your not ?
Because if you are not, then it would have no meaning to you, but if you are then oh by all means. Its like someone Calling me Fat, ha i know its not true so just ignore it.
Basic Life principle.
You're a fucking idiot.

that laser rap is freaking funny as hell!!!

back on topic...according to the rules racism isnt allowed either...