Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should smurftacular be temp banned?

Should smurftacular be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I voted yes for a ban, he has not posted anything useful on the forum, has been rude and immature, has managed to get the second worst rep ever and his helicopter thread was making a joke of a very serious issue. I think him taking two weeks or a month time out is definitely in order right now.

Re: Should smurftacular be banned?

I'm on a board of a nonprofit org and its the same thing lol. Gotta debate for months before an action is taken. I call it the "Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians" syndrome LOL. Guess its everywhere.

Hopefully mods will fix that issue. Wouldn't need a poll, they'd deal with the problem accordingly right away.

Anyway, a temp suspension would be reasonable but a permanent ban for 1 questionable thread is far too extreme. You shouldn't ban people for their mistakes, you should ban people if they don't learn from them.

Anyway, a temp suspension would be reasonable but a permanent ban for 1 questionable thread is far too extreme. You shouldn't ban people for their mistakes, you should ban people if they don't learn from them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

2 week ban-felonies are not jokes-he should have stopped his friends -if that is really the case. He probably provided the laser in question or at least he admitted being the one who 'turned them on' to greenpointers.--hak

from the thread "Ebay lasers from China, furgit it" :

Not for long. I used to buy them and resell them, they where all bad. I now to my buying from ledshoppe and focalrpice (not the best quality, but not the worst)

I wonder what kind of market this kid has..:thinking:

Last edited:
Now, if this was a gun forum and the tread in question involved a firearm instead of a laser, would you still vote to permaban him? Odds are, you probably would.

Why is a laser any different? Pointing and firing either a laser or gun could both lead to catastrophe. In the strictest terms, he is an accomplice to attempted murder. Is that something we support here on LPF?

Raybo

you kinda are.
this thread should have been closed

You are more than likely right (NOT!) but I just can't help myself.

Smurf always has a smart ass comeback to the members that try to give him some kind of guidance and he always seems to put his foot in his mouth (BTW i'm not one of those members, I can tell that I would be waisting my time).

Ray

Smurf - You've already been spared a ban despite deserving one; it would be greatly appreciated if you actually tried contributing for a change. I've been reading around and I'm starting to get pretty irritated with your garbage/useless posts. Quit running your mouth(or keyboard) just for the hell of it; your post count does not equate to intelligence or credibility.

You're demeanor/attitude also leaves much to be desired; there are instances where you've demonstrated complete lack of respect towards other members. LPF is not a babysitting service, if you cannot conduct yourself in a respectful manner; feel free to remove yourself...

Last edited:
Can you all please stop posting. If you keep posting in here he will keep responding.
smurf do not respond anymore please i no longer want to see this in the poll section.

Can you all please stop posting. If you keep posting in here he will keep responding.
smurf do not respond anymore please i no longer want to see this in the poll section.

IDK.... I just checked all over the Forum... But I can't seem to find anywhere
here that you have been named the new LPF Moderator...:thinking:
Correct me if I'm wrong....:yabbem:

This IS a public Forum... and ALL members have the right to Post on
ANY Thread... If you have a controlling order to give someone then
perhaps you should take it to PMs...:cool:

BTW... if you don't want to see something... just look away...:beer:

Jerry