Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should Dr. Lava put his website on hold?

Should Dr. Lava take down his website?

• Yees

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Nuu

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well was my opinion neg rep worthy :p

i bought LSX from drlava he stayed in constant contact with me answered every single question i had. after i got it i had questions about features ETC. he took the time to walk me through them even though there is user guide. when i couldnt figure out why it wasnt doing what i wanted he worked the problem with me.

my experience with him has been exceptional

so in response to your comment left on my page

he treated me great
he hasnt scammed me or anyone AFAIK
he has had good business practice in my experience

i will continue to promote off of MY personal experiences

thank you

Last edited:

Luckily you're the exception. As long as there are repeated reports of a lack of good business practices from people who have dealt with lava, and there are MANY of them, then your opinion is of very little importance as it doesn't change the FACT that there is a clear history here, and not a good one.

Thank you for doing your part to ensure that LPF maintains a high standard of business conduct!

rhd

Excuse me but this is kind of ridiculous. Even if the poll ends up with most votes being Yes, do you really think he's gonna take it down? I agree that he's slow when it comes to orders though.. Not sure why.

Yes, maybe. I mean, we all agree that he's a "good guy" right? Good guys are the ones that will listen to community feedback. So yes, since we all agree that Dr. Lava is a good person, there's probably some value in the community telling him when something he's doing is negatively impacting our perceptions of him.

I order from him knowing that he has a REAL job and that it will take time.
I'm not in a rush when I order and I usually order extras so I have a supply
on hand.

That's a good perspective to have.

But you know, I think a lot of people don't know what you know. They don't know that purchases will take such a long time to arrive. That's a big part of the issue.

His customer service is not always that quick, but his drivers are the best...

He has a distributor here...

Flaminpyro

And Jeff is very responsive and ships fast!

I believe DTR also stocks drivers...

Agreed - Jeff is great. Maybe a good solution would be for Dr. Lava to put a notice up on his site saying "Hey guys, if you need this stuff faster, grab it from my distributors Flaminpyro or DTR".

well was my opinion neg rep worthy :p

No it wasn't. I'm not even going to look at who neg rep'd you, but I bet it was someone with lots of rep. Rep is stupid. You've basically got people undeservedly neg-repping those who are lower in rep than them, and ignoring neg-rep-worthy comments from anyone higher for fear of retaliation. The impact of a + or - is proportional to the rep of the person leaving it.

Nothing you've said in this thread looks neg-rep-worthy to me. So just ignore it - it's a dumb system, it means nothing, and eventually it all fades away.

Last edited:
if/when yo order from a place like DX you have heard shipping is slow so do you go whine when it is? same thing if there are so many posts about Drlava taking time to ship something out then dont buy direct from him. no one is forcing you. he hasn't stolen any money or scammed anyone. oh and who never received their product? i would love to know.

doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result makes you insane correct?

order from drlava when you know shipping is commonly slow. then you complain about it. why should you get any sympathy?

@rhd yes its a dumb system....

Last edited:

rhd

doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result makes you insane correct?

order from drlava when you know shipping is commonly slow. then you complain about it. why should you get any sympathy?

Well - if I went and ordered from his site tomorrow, then I probably shouldn't get any sympathy. I'm with you on that.

But a whole lot of people won't be aware of his shipping speed (or lack thereof). There's a bit of a difference here in that *nearly every* cheap Chinese gadget site is slow to ship. I mean, I could discover a new site called "China Direct Super Happy Flashlight Hut, Discount for You Fun Times! dot-com" and right off the bat I should know that shipping will be slow, and I'll be waiting many moons for my product.

The difference here is that there's nothing that would tip off a new buyer as to Lava's shipping speed. Maybe they're not an LPF member. Maybe they looked for reviews of his site, but don't find any. I bet that unless you really got the keywords right, you probably wouldn't find the right reviews.

So you really can't equate the two. Almost everyone would expect DX to be slow - even if they knew nothing about DX ahead of time. The same is not true for Lava's site.

Last edited:
if/when yo order from a place like DX you have heard shipping is slow so do you go whine when it is? same thing if there are so many posts about Drlava taking time to ship something out then dont buy direct from him. no one is forcing you. he hasn't stolen any money or scammed anyone. oh and who never received their product? i would love to know.

@rhd yes its a dumb system....

The only reason it's common knowledge that drlava has no communication for many people, ships slowly for many people, and apparently doesn't give a crap about this lack of common decency is BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT. Just like I am now, and just like I always will.

My firsthand experience dealing with drlava on several different occasions was horrible. MANY other people can say the same.

DX is in China. If you take the free shipping option, shipping is slow BECAUSE THEY ARE IN CHINA. Last I checked, drlava is NOT in China which means your statement comparing this situation to DX has no substance.

If rep is unimportant to you, then why bring it up? Ignore it and move on..

Last edited:
ok but why is this such a big deal? it takes him a week to get my package in the mail. SHOOT HIM AT DAWN ........like really? im not saying he shouldn't ship quicker but my mother taught me patience.

@ef its unimportant if its for a valid reason........ no i order from DX my stuff doesnt ship the next day it takes weeks

why didnt you just move on and not -rep everyone that doesnt have the same opinion or views as you?

Last edited:
I use the rep system, others don't. It's my hand on the mouse button and my hand that signs the ISP payment check.. Couldn't care less what anyone thinks about what I do with the rep system or anything else for that matter.

Keeping on topic, is it really too much to ask to either post a disclaimer or just let his distributors handle sales? Really? Such a big deal that you equate our efforts to "hanging at dawn"? If so your opinion is noted along with your opinion that these problems are unimportant.. Thanks for your input, have a nice day!

Last edited:
yes you called him a scammer which he is not have a nice night my friend

Last edited:
When did I call lava a scammer? If you're going to quote me please post a link. I said he doesn't ship quickly AT ALL and won't communicate with many people to let them know where their order is OR to provide help after the sale. I've either received every item I've bought from him or I've had the order canceled. He has not scammed me, but that doesn't make the frustration many people feel when sellers act like they can't be bothered any less important to those of us who have had unpleasant experiences. Your opinion that these things are not important means nothing to those of us who have had these kinds of experiences.

Last edited:
your rep comment clearly said "please promote....we dont have room for scammers..."

obviously implying the one person i have been discussing in this thread is a scammer.

argue that you werent i dont give a f:)ck im not stupid. im done with this.

No that implication is yours alone. I was merely saying that LPF does not have room for those kinds of business practices. I listed several things, drlava is not guilty of all of them. LPF does not have room for scammers. That's a fact, but lava is not a scammer. For me this is not personal, this is about keeping a high standard of business conduct for those who wish to sell here, which benefits the whole community. Those things I listed in that negative rep do not benefit our community. You are assuming this is personal and basing your responses on that assumption.

Not stupid? The jury's out on that one bro.. simply stating things that are bad for LPF including scamming is not the same as saying someone is a scammer. Reading comprehension = fail.

Last edited:
No that implication is yours alone. I was merely saying that LPF does not have room for those kinds of business practices. I listed several things, drlava is not guilty of all of them. LPF does not have room for scammers. That's a fact, but lava is not a scammer.

Not stupid? The jury's out on that one bro..

i see no jury :thinking: i see 2 people arguing.....

so you were -reping me for something i did not do now ?

wanna be more clear? thats the problem with drlava we are having right? he hasnt listed his exact shipping time. maybe you should be more specific. practice what you preach bro. so which is he quilty of.

maybe you should of left the comment: supporting a slow shipper

or: not agreeing with me you suck!!!

no the implication was not mine alone are you confused you wrote these statements not me. YOUR MOUSE CLICKY BUTTON YOU PAYED FOR THE INTERWEBS YOU BOUGHT THE KEYBOARD AND THE CHAIR.... :crackup" :crackup:

U mad bro? I'm the master troll.. you my bitch.. you can keep going if it makes you feel better though, you won't make me cry. I and several others have spoken here, so that's a bunch of people vs. a couple of lucky ones. The stats in this case are unchanged.. I, for one, hope they do change with time.

Last edited:
EF i would expect that from a new member or just a very young cocky pain in the ass but you?
Come on you have alot more brains cells i would hope.

U mad bro? I'm the master troll.. you my bitch.. you can keep going if it makes you feel better though, you won't make me cry. I and several others have spoken here, so that's a bunch of people vs. a couple of lucky ones. The stats in this case are unchanged.. I, for one, hope they do change with time.

nope not mad confused? fuck yeah.

honestly your a shit troll. TJ is better IMHO. no wonder you hate PL you hate it when people disagree with you.. you like being the alpha dog being the "laser show guy of LPF" and when someone doesnt have your opinion on something you whine and bitch like a spoiled little girl.

i dont give 2 squirts o piss about your experiences. i posted mine WITH MY MOUSE CLICK MAN. and you can whine about it all you want and twist your words around all you want.

so me a favor read through this thread again then punch yourself in the face once you realize how childish you have been.

im done im out congrats bro your the first person on my ignore list good luck trying to be a half ass troll and all your other shit you do :beer:

yep kiyo.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.