Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: Laserprojector group buy # 4

^^^ that it is but I must have been hlf alseep as I meant to post it in the new LUMIA thread- its here to stay but I am going to add more pics now and that one has to be seen.

IIRC even though Mike's work was awesome I don't think he won first place for this creation.
I have a few 'wanters' for each of the three LK projector GBs(4 to choose from) = so soon a list will go up-here maybe-in group ROG for sure.

I have seen both of these projectors in action at SELEM 2013. Both are very nice and WILL nkt disappoint!

The 3D is really nice for what you pay and the fact that it comes with a remote is great! If your wife isnt into laser pointers, get one of these and she will surely be interested! (Wife interest not guaranteed!)

The lk pd projector is a VERY good entry level projector. You cant even get a DIY projector built for the money you pay for this thing. No disappointment here either!

^^ very true-by the time you order parts and pay to have them dlivered. you will spend more that these cost competed and with a warranty-- and so far it has proved to be impossibe to build your own specail efx wheel that comes standard with the LP PD2- my best seller-

get the LK 3D> $300- thatwill win the hearts and minds of all around and later when you drop 1K$ on LK PD2 AND QS FB3 they will be less reisistance. trust me on that/

here are some links from our LK host and company rep Miss Linna Lin-i HAVE NOT SEEN THESE YET (DIAL-UP AT HOME) but i thnk they may be labled or if not they are all LK 3D-

Ok yes all are examples of what YOU will see- nothing else needed but your fav music. you canb have the PJ move to the beat or let it run imn auto -once you have mastered the RC you have evn more options- what you will NOT have are any dorky crude animations- no dancing snow men or any think like that- abstracts-
watch these. look for more in post below this one.

LK-3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCb_uoT7xzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzoA8lqcOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQaiMeYVwEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnNO-eyQ46A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoyJsEH7Tk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5GK51zRP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awuVd_MXduE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IEF552GZjA

Last edited:

Oh sry for the double posting but my posts can be way too long so wth?

this is the one that won of over to LK and miss linna--
biggest seller for all my GBs-

take a look

LK-PD2

Laser projector LK-PD2(3D effect part3) - YouTube

Laser light LK-P2 (lumia effect 4) - YouTube

Laser projector LK-PD2(Lumia effects) - YouTube

Laser projector LK-PD2 (3D effect part2) - YouTube

Laser display effect LK-PD2 (Universal effects + 3D effects) - YouTube

Laser display item LK-PD2 (Universal effect part2) - YouTube

Laser effect LK-PD2 (Optical grating effect ) - YouTube

Laser show item LK-PD2 (3D effect 1) - YouTube

Laser projector LK-PD2 (Lumia effect 1) - YouTube

big thanks to Linna and he crew for making and posting these at youtube

hak soon to be posting my vids

Pman

Actually like that you separated them Len.
I think one of the biggest issues by far is not understanding what you are actually getting as hardly anyone has seen one in person. I had no idea you could buy something like these units at any kind of reasonable price and what the capabilities were/are until you mentioned them to me.
I must reiterate that none of the pics or videos can do these units justice. Speaking directly of the unit I own PD2, it was pretty amazing just watching the auto functions as it can take quite a while to go through all the different modes.
Adding some fog to the equation is incredible. Just think about how your normal laser looks with a bit of fog and multiply that by a HUGE quantity.
Now stand at the receiving end with fog and something to block the lasers from hitting your eye direct (you could use your phone to take a video or I just taped a card onto the end of a stick so my arm could be relaxed). You will now be a "PART" of the incredible experience (no hallucinogenics required).
The $300 unit is the cost of one nice hand held and the $500 units are a couple so put a purchase like this into perspective and it's not as expensive as it sounds.

Len is a friend of mine here but that doesn't mean that I would automatically endorse what he is offering. If it's worth anything this does have the Pman stamp of approval.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hey Hak, thanks for posting those links to the PJ's, especialy the LK-3D. :)
They show the capabilities of it much better than the few pics that are on the LaserKing site!

Very few members here are old enough to remember the Bliss lights- they were NOT cheap and compared to the LK 3D they were not all that cool .. even then-

AND iirc they were fairly simple-- but now from china at Ekkbay if you bid on the free shipping ones with a good snipe service you can get a Red & Green mini bliss light for less than 20$- I set my snipe bid low and thus no need to watch the bidding- when i win i get an email- and can whether cancel my other snipes or not- if you get outbid w/ time left my sniper lets me know- then if I choose i can raise my bid. When I do win my service takes 20 cents on a 20$ item-

but they are nothing at all like the LK 3D-

I can see some LK 3Ds under the Xmas tree-this year you will win over any laser 'haters' when they see this PJ and hear their fav music. ANY DJ would LOVE to have one or more of these. IMHO (& sorry if I offend anyone) handhelds, even DIYs are kids toys compared to a decent PJ- nice to have and to own so many wavelengths but they are not PJs , they may never by themselves be seen by some friends and/or family as useful 'things'. You know what I mean- you finally own that one rare exotic wavelength and when some see it - their reaction is less than we hoped for-

I will put this out there AGAIN --join my LK 3D Group Buy- for any reason within the first 30 days you are not happy I will buy your LK 3D for purchase price in full.

So your will only be out the small cost to send it to me. call it 'rent' these are small and light enough to ship for very little.

its Plug n Play all the way- the wireless RC once you learn it allows much.
mine plays to the beat of the music very nicely- I play mine on the ceiling of my bedroom almost every night- its never boring. the colors are very bright and crisp.
the red is the fav 638nm- AND I will go out on a limb here and say I do ont see these as being very dangerous to our eyes- the pattern never stops for very long - our eye are only a 7mm hole- we blink or look away in .25 seconds- and people like the image are not static- of course i would never say this 320mW projector is something you would want to stare directly into but no worries about a fire or drawing unwanted attention when used outdoors.

happy to answer any Qs you may have..

the vids do NOT do justice to seeing in person.

I have a give-away started for one nearly new LK PD 2 50$ per 'ticket' only 13 will be sold and ATM < 8 are left. last drawn (lucky 13)gets his 50$ back by check- 2nd and 3rd get my basic LUMIA kits- odds are 4 in 13- to win something winner pays 25$ for shipping of the LK PD2. you pick your number from those left ..Jeff 'Bowtie' chose #5.

PM to get one or two tickets-(max is two)

hak

Last edited:

I'm addicted bad, because I'm considering one of these now. I don't suppose in inverter in a car could power one?

Last edited:

I'm addicted bad, because I'm considering one of these now. I don't suppose in invertor in a car could power one?

I will try to do just that== however using this projector while texting may cause an accident(al) typo..

I just found a KOSS Power Invertor at a thrift shop sold as-is not tested but 3$ who cares. its a 160W continuous and 250 W peak power.

The LK 3D uses the standard AC cord we use on all old desktop PCs.

If it had a wallwart I think that would make the possibility greater..

WELL depending upon how your wallet feels about it..
I have good bad newz- YES I just tried with my little Koss and it worked.

BTW I did a little lasershow at a friends party but everyone was mostly hanging outside on their porch- so I move the projectors out there and it looked pretty cool on the big oak trees all around- these had lots of Spanish Moss in them- but other than that there was nothing close to being white for good surface for lasers-- it still looked great. We had speakers out there and my two LK PD2s set for sound response did a good job of moving to the beat.

Shall I put 'Shaken' on the LK 3D 'maybe' list?? its not binding BTW.

Last edited:

Well, I like to go camping, park my car near the fire to play loud music (rockford fosgate T2 15" "driven" at 1600Watts@1ohm), and it would be beyond cool to have one of these, either model really. my inverter is 200 Watts , 400 Watts peak. 120 VAC/60Hz

Pman brings up a good point, I have paid up to $900 for a handheld, and these are beyond cool. I'm tempted to back out of the CNI GB in favor of one of these, as bad as I want that 589nm 80mW, these are incredible

yeah hard to live without 589nm plus these exotic colors and getting much more affordable.
90 days in laser rehab got me un addicted to handhelds.
'
'Hello my name is Len and I am a laser addict'

'Hello Len'

'I have not purchased a new laser in 25 days'
handheld that is...

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T S E L L N O T B U Y.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

M U S T R E S I S T.

I was formally addicted to Placebo's
got hooked on them doing clinical trials.

tried to buy them on the street with
Monopoly money.

Street dealers pretended to beat me up--bad!

had to check into a fake rehab to get clean.

Last edited:

Maybe put me on the list. I need to read this thread carefully to get all the details. my inverter has the same AC plug as a house would, including the ground.

I may even be interested in the LK PD2, depends.

Last edited:

I can't say for sure which is better you anyone.

If you feel certain you will at least some day later want to do a lot more with a PJ then get the LK -PD2- it has PC/ILDA in AND thru (later you will understand why that is a good selling point)

you just have three ways to control the LK 3D_ set in a mode- set for RC or attach a DMX controller and interface.

you have all these options and more PLUS PC/ILDA- just attach a M/F db 25 printer cable to your DAC & PJ and then with USB printer cable to the PC where you have your soft. I have too many friends who like both QS Pangolin AND LSX Dr Lava to say one is way better-

i want to own both some day- however if an easy learning curve is what you need then go for the QS and the only DAC thats works the Flashback 3- they come as a set- no mixing of softs and hardware for Pangolin-- FB 3 is only for QS and the new 3D by Pangolin 'BEYOND'.

go to pango.com and carefully watch the six minute tutorial- just six minutes- and you will want it.

The real tutorial is six 'lessens' and you set your own learning level.

I started with novice- watched all then went back and clicked the middle ability - saw the tuts again then went back to watch again with the most advanced setting.

For me - it was made easier by watching the tuts on one PC WHILE doing all I saw Bill B. doing in the tut on the laptop where I had QS loaded and WHILE attached to a PJ.

sure.. I had to stop i few times and back up- but if you don't move on until you completely understand these lessons are super, then, you will be doing incredible things on day one. MSRP is $600- some Pango dealers ask $650- I can bundle any LK projector with QS for an additional 498$ plus 10$ to ship to you from TEXAS.

QS/FB3 is rarely sold used- when that does happen its mostly for over 350$- and gets snapped up within hours not days. some Pros that use QS and BEYOND own several FB3s- you can run six PJs from just one (if they are all the same=IE two or three [but not a mix]colors- and either ttl or analog) -

- so you will see Pros with more than one laptop and running graphics, abstracts and animations off one PC while doing beams and atmospherics on the other.

Many feel the price of QS is fully justified simple by having access to the Pango show portal- once allowed in there you can move complete song modules into your PC to enjoy and show friends-(but NOT to show for profit or share(allow dwnlding) with anyone who does not own Pango soft) many of these are shared by the makers and lots of work and talent is used so unless given their OK you can only use them for fun. but there are a LOT of them. and adding to that collection is an honor.

One pro told me- 'if when you hear a fav song .. do you see a lasershow in your head? IF so, once you learn how to put all that into your Pango workspace for live shows later or using Quick Time line you can make a show that gets saved forever.

With Quick Trace you can take any jpeg and get a tracing in laser. Great for LOGOS-- With Quick Text you can copy paste all a songs lyrics and put them out in laser with a choice of many colors- fonts and styles etc- and all this is only the beginning.- advanced tools make you able to do completely original abstracts, frames, cues and animations. see the 6 min- tut at Pangolin .com.

For some however, going for the LK 3D will soften the sticker shock of LK PD2 and QS FB3 later. and it can still be very useful with other PJs.

of course if you dont have the 515$ to begin with then the choice is an easy one.

Be like Mike..
Mike Dunn that is (search 'Mike Dunn Laser')

His 'web store' has many years of Mike's work for anyone to buy and use for any reason.

he sells - you buy-dwnld into pangolin in your PC .. then you get the audio track and sync it- (copywrite laws make selling both the lasershow and the 'song' not possible)

HOW much? for a premade six minute song module 200$ - 400$- if you want one custom made it can cost as much as $500- Mike can sell these as many times as he wants. For an entire album of a bunch of mixed songs.. a 15-20 minute show can cost over $1000- This , however, takes a lot of talent.

But this does give one a lot to think about--

QS & the LK PD2 is a nice starting point- AND it does NOT matter if your PJ or you are both varianced. That only applies to doing public shows- DBA and LLC --start a site- bam!

I was told to try to make shows that many people will like not just to suit my likes.

many laser shows are themed- like the 4th of july or christmas- Your love of NIN may not make you rich. but The Beatles just might.. 'felis navida' san antonio!!

hak

Last edited:

Pman

Interesting how this conversation is going.
The one hand held I would like more than any other is a 589nm very close or >100mw. However, now that I own a projector I can't imagine spending big bucks on ANY handheld. My next purchase needs to be the software and then another projector? LOL
I just had the hardest day of my life on Friday due to MAJOR kidney stone issue that required surgery and I'm back home feeling very sick. Will be out at least a week which isn't good for the finances and as awesome as QS is, it's by far the most expensive piece of software I will have ever considered purchasing. This week would have been great to have it as I've got lots of time on my hands.
Haven't seen a pic or video that can convey what a projector is really like live. They just can't do it justice AT ALL.
I ran my PD2 this morning in 3D (auto) mode for at least 15 minutes and I can't remember seeing the same exact pattern that whole time.
What I found surprising the first time I opened the case for it was how well it seemed to be put together. There's a ton of connectors between all the components and they are all secured with a clear glue. Nothing rattles or moves at all.
It's a wierd thing to look at your expensive hand helds and then open up the projector case. All I could think was why did I pay so much for all of these when I could have bought projectors instead.
It does do yellow too;)
My PD2 says it is only 40W so you sure don't need much of an inverter to run the thing.

Pete

Last edited:

Well, I like to go camping, park my car near the fire to play loud music (rockford fosgate T2 15" "driven" at 1600Watts@1ohm), and it would be beyond cool to have one of these, either model really. my inverter is 200 Watts , 400 Watts peak. 120 VAC/60Hz

That should be plenty enough to power a LK 3D. I don't think the LK 3D will exceed 40W.

I am for sure interested in one of these, not yet sure which one