Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Pman

Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

I have a couple true dmx cables and a terminator. I'm tempted to buy it but I keep thinking it would be nice to have a digital input also so you could just punch the number in direct. Afraid it would be quite expensive though. I do own QS also from Len. Very powerful program. Shows you real quick though just how importand the units speed really is though. Anything complicated and the framerate drops like a rock.
How fast can you enter the number in with the sliders?

On a side note, my daughter just got engaged o a great guy! Strangely enough his name is Peter.

Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

Obviously to enter numeric values with the sliders is much slower. When you get close to the number you have to be very precise to hit the exact number desired. For my needs it is more than adequate. Eventually I will start to program scenes in, but for now I am still in learning mode with both projectors and the controller.

Pman

Sounds great. I'm so tempted to buy one. I'm assuming you can select what you want and then tell it to send the signal out. Kind of guessing it will stay on the last selected if you want it to and then trigger the next one when you want.
money isn't growing on trees and I really don't want to buy twice. Ill have to look into this more. Has anyone else bought a controller recently?

DSC01169.jpg

Hi Wendy, those are some really nice photos, I really like this 3D love heart one, I've not seen this one yet. Was this one achieved via DMX? If not looks like I will have to take my PD2 out of auto mode and lock it into 3D mode and maybe wait an hour or two to see this one.
Its amazing how many effects this little system has packed into it!

Simon

Pman

If you add an aux in you can also hook up a mic to put next to a speaker;)
Didn't know they did different patterns in sound mode.... hmmmmm I'll have to check that out. Watched the 3D mode for about 20 minutes and didn't get the heart. Could have sworn I had seen it though and I'm betting the S3D mode was where then.
State of Emergency here in upstate NY due to snow and cold. No unnecessary travel. Thought I would never get home.

Looks like the digital dB meter from radio shack there wendy. I use the analog version for all my home theatre and stereo stuff.

Last edited:

Cool, nice setup you have there Wendy, I will give this a go and hopefully get to see the pretty heart :) cant believe I've had this PJ a month now and its still surprising me with new tricks.

Pman I'm definitely going to do the aux mod when I get the part and a few minuets to do it. Your mod looked nice and professional with the aux label.

Pman I'm definitely going to do the aux mod when I get the part and a few minuets to do it. Your mod looked nice and professional with the aux label.

I'm going to have to do something like this as well, because even with full volume headphones, the PD2 does not always respond.

Pman

It's simple but be careful as I think there's a ribbon cable and maybe something else you could hit with your soldering iron if I remember correctly. When I drilled the hole for mounting the jack I held a vacuum end up to it so nothing would get inside the unit. May be simple but it works well and looks nice.

link to audio line-in mod ? i will be seriously disappointed in the mic for auto mode is crap as im supposed to be using this unit at a warehouse party in a few weeks.

Linna emailed me saying it has been shipped today, and will provide a tracking number tomorrow ..... wonder why she couldn't provide one when she shipped it ?

Hi Daryl
I checked with our technicians about the audio set .

LK-RGB5 has a place to set sound sensitivity.

And LK-3D use remote control to adjust sensitivity

I will send an email to you

Best regards
Linna

link to audio line-in mod ? i will be seriously disappointed in the mic for auto mode is crap as im supposed to be using this unit at a warehouse party in a few weeks.

Linna emailed me saying it has been shipped today, and will provide a tracking number tomorrow ..... wonder why she couldn't provide one when she shipped it ?

thanks linna :) i hear people turn it to 9 though and it doesn't respond to bass response, and people are having to put headphones on the laser system, or run very high levels.

I hope its something you tested with my 2 day testing on my RGB5

Thank you ! :)
Daryl

Hi Wendy

Do you set sound sensitivity?

Sound sensitivity setting need remote control .

The bottom is : In Sound Activated Show, press MUSIC + B + “1~9” to do sensitivity setting, “9” is the most sensitive.

Or you can use menu to set, please check manual

Any problem ,let me know
Linna

The pretty heart is in the S3D sound show (I don't have a DMX controller). If you want to see some new patterns you don't always see in the auto shows, check out the 5 sound shows. I got them to sync to music by hooking headphones against the top mount and pressed flat against the LED and mic hole in the case. Crank it up as loud as you can and then you can sequence through the sound patterns! :)

Here's how I set up my headphones to stay put and keep the sound from leaking:

DSC01205.jpg

Pman

Audio mod is actually on page one of this thread. Will say that the multiple Mic thing actually didn't work that great but the aux in works perfect and you could run one of those little Mic's in front of a speaker (or headphones) if you wanted.
The annoying part is that most receivers will cut the signal to the amps so no more sound out of your speakers. There are ways around this though with splitters or various adapters off the source. The Mic used inside the unit appears to be basically the same sensitivity as the little RadShak ones you can buy for cheap.
As Wendy found, the Mic is only sensitive to a certain range of frequency and has to have the source basically as close to it as possible OR your stereo has to be playing more than loud enough for hearing loss unless the speaker is playing right into the Mic hole (but still very loud) which isn't too convenient for practically anyone.
This issue completely goes away with the AUX input and yes the sensitivity adjustment on the unit will still work.
I did NOT disconnect the little Mic on the unit and suggest you don't either. Taking another look at those pics I remember it was a pain to get in there to solder those 2 wires on and not let the iron hit any wire or the chip right next to it. Be careful! Try getting in there with your soldering iron first while it's still cold to practice and make sure you pre tin the wires you are going to use so all you have to do is just touch the heat on the point and the wire to get them to "stick" (solder the farther one first;)).

Hi Wendy

Do you set sound sensitivity?

Sound sensitivity setting need remote control .

The bottom is : In Sound Activated Show, press MUSIC + B + “1~9” to do sensitivity setting, “9” is the most sensitive.

Or you can use menu to set, please check manual

Any problem ,let me know
Linna

Yes, I have a LK-PD2 which does not come with a remote. I set the sound level to 9 because if I set it lower, it responds even less. It never responds to an external sounds system. Only two ways I can make it trigger:

1. I can tap hard on the case with my hand, or
2. I press a headphone against mic hole and play music at over 100 dB C-weighted sound pressure level (SPL). Even then, it does not always respond depending on the music.

A lot of others have had similar problems with the audio. 0-9 settings may scale the sensitivity, but the levels are below the response threshold of any external sound source. Only thing that works for me is the headphones really loud at a setting of "9".

Hi Pman
Thanks so much for your mess.

Yes, I readed someone install sound receiver by themself for LK-3D .

That's every good.

Also I will forward the feedback to our technicians.

Best regards
Linna
Audio mod is actually on page one of this thread. Will say that the multiple Mic thing actually didn't work that great but the aux in works perfect and you could run one of those little Mic's in front of a speaker (or headphones) if you wanted.
The annoying part is that most receivers will cut the signal to the amps so no more sound out of your speakers. There are ways around this though with splitters or various adapters off the source. The Mic used inside the unit appears to be basically the same sensitivity as the little RadShak ones you can buy for cheap.
As Wendy found, the Mic is only sensitive to a certain range of frequency and has to have the source basically as close to it as possible OR your stereo has to be playing more than loud enough for hearing loss unless the speaker is playing right into the Mic hole (but still very loud) which isn't too convenient for practically anyone.
This issue completely goes away with the AUX input and yes the sensitivity adjustment on the unit will still work.
I did NOT disconnect the little Mic on the unit and suggest you don't either. Taking another look at those pics I remember it was a pain to get in there to solder those 2 wires on and not let the iron hit any wire or the chip right next to it. Be careful! Try getting in there with your soldering iron first while it's still cold to practice and make sure you pre tin the wires you are going to use so all you have to do is just touch the heat on the point and the wire to get them to "stick" (solder the farther one first;)).

I wonder... is it possible that the mic input circuit impedance is incorrect, or perhaps some circuit board component value is off by a factor of 10 or 100 by mistake?

The sound circuit does work. So either a mistaken component value is at fault – or as Pman discovered – it works well as a line level input. So if it cannot be made more sensitive at the circuit board, it may be best to feed it a line level input or put a preamp between the mic and circuit board. If anyone goes the route of adding a preamp and figures out all the details, pleases share! Or should we just "throw in the towel" and make it a Line level input and give up on the mic?

Having the ability to use those 5 sound shows is really important. It's totally awesome to see the projector synced to music, plus you get to see some patterns not yet seen on the Auto shows. You haven't experienced the LK-PD2 until you see the Sound shows with music!

Last edited: