Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp GH04955A2G/ The New 495nm diodes

I get around this by wrapping a loop of soldering wire around the aixiz lens barrel to make a loop, then taking it off, squeezing it so it is a little bit smaller, and then putting that ring in the focus adapter so there's a gap between the adapter and lens barrel. It usually takes two little loops of wire to get enough separation. It works well though, so I can focus the laser to infinity without the focus adapter hitting the module.

Edit: oh yeah, USPS didn't get that package to me today. :(

do you plan on building a laser with this diode for your channel ? That would be awesome. btw that ruby laser build is crazy !!!

do you plan on building a laser with this diode for your channel ? That would be awesome. btw that ruby laser build is crazy !!!

I doubt I'll make a whole video about it but I'm sure I'll show it in a video at some point! And yeah that ruby laser is a monster...it is scary to work with lol

Attachments

• flexy.png
    flexy.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
If Andrew is around he can clarify that the 488 custom laser I sold him has a 2element AR coated for 520 lens and the divergence is nicer than a DPSS laser, Awsome lenses for the higher power greens also!

And a qick 495 build vid for a customer!
https://youtu.be/EMm4YOTsOq8

Attachments

• a0bfIIl.jpg
    a0bfIIl.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I plan on buying a 2 element lens AR coated for 520nm tonight. If this lens proves to not have the rectangular artifact at the dot, I'll know it and post for everyone to see.

jnrpop

If Andrew is around he can clarify that the 488 custom laser I sold him has a 2element AR coated for 520 lens and the divergence is nicer than a DPSS laser, Awsome lenses for the higher power greens also!

And a qick 495 build vid for a customer!
https://youtu.be/EMm4YOTsOq8

Wow Billy unreal mate, your 495nm build looks incredible, I'd be one happy customer :beer:

On another note; I've gotten word sharp won't have a 488nm diode, but people have eaten their words before!! So the 488 WL is still very rare, with only a few members here getting lucky with some diodes.

J

Lens was ordered a few hours ago. I hope it is the glass lens that removes the artifact from these Sharp diodes.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes Paul, I hope you're right, it would be nice to get one of the glass lenses to project a nice dot without most of the artifacts. :yh:

Last edited:
Anyone try a G7 ?

I get a cleaner line out of the 44 with the longer FL single element G7 along with a 3XBE than the 3 element and 3XBE at least in the first 30 feet.

Last edited:
I don't do business with Sanwu, so I don't have the G-7 lens. This is about a specific box or rectangular artifact that appears next to the dot/beam profile with any glass lens. There are too many out there to try all of them, but I will try any that have been claimed to eliminate this artifact.

My review of Lifetime17s 495nm laser build is up in the reviews section. This diode does not disappoint. Also the artifacts in mine are quite minor. some faint scatter thats barly noticeable. This really is my dream laser wavelength :)

If you decide you want to get rid of that artifact, I can help you with that. And the power won't suffer much either.