Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 488 VS Tiffany blue

tommy

Since sharp open it's 488nm laser diode source, the price drop a lot. Before I got the 488 laser, I have no idea how close the 488 with the Tiffany blue.

ed75ef5915b4165facd268db93bd76a0.jpg

After I got it and soon found it's more cyan than Tiffany blue:

1a6e30da3dfb079ff9c2dea61d7b03b5.JPG

92793349c9ee1191f3d3ea0b07b5332e.JPG

31323f0a91b4a12929e517fc6c03cf45.jpg

d0188b5a1f683cc330b77796453cf0d2.jpg

It is the best chance to collect 488nm laser, which i personal think is the most beautiful color. Not high power so you don't have to be afraid of that.

You can get the waterproof 488 from our site HERE. and join our FB group for extra discount: FB Group.

Some LPF members have got their 488 or made by theirselves, for sure the 488 will be more common in the future.

Hope more and more people will chase wavelength but not power.

Gazen

$99 isn’t too bad if the host is waterproof, and the diodes under 490nm. Do you test the wavelength with a spectrometer?

I think I’d wait for someone to review it before buying one. Have you sent one out to any lpf member yet for review?

Last edited:
Glad to see you jumping on the bandwagon, tommy. I have one that sits right under 488nm and puts out 135 mW. It is completely stable at that wavelength. I do love the color.

Man im excited to get myself one of these in the near future!!! ive been wanting 488nm-500nm for a really long time and its just now so much more accessible! excitied for new wavelengths! also really neat host, never seen much of anything quite like it.

Wish you were more active here Tommy, good to see you posting.

Hi Tommy,
Nice build and water proof , Glad to see you posting as Alaskan said dont be a stranger.

Rich:)

hey tommy!! very cool host and yes that sure is close to the Tiffany & CO. color :)
like they all said, hope to hear from you more :beer: also, how long you gonna have this new Q-line?
because I may be ordering one from you in a couple weeks, I got some expenses at the moment so itll be a while.

Last edited:

tommy

I like the host, quite unique. How long is the duty cycle?

Even it's low power but still not recommend to light for a long time, under 5 minute will be good :)

$99 isn’t too bad if the host is waterproof, and the diodes under 490nm. Do you test the wavelength with a spectrometer?

I think I’d wait for someone to review it before buying one. Have you sent one out to any lpf member yet for review?

We don't test the wavelength because we have a diode data file from sharp.

Glad to see you jumping on the bandwagon, tommy. I have one that sits right under 488nm and puts out 135 mW. It is completely stable at that wavelength. I do love the color.

Thanks Paul, This is designed by Q-Line, it is a great laser factory :) will update more of their design soon :)

Man im excited to get myself one of these in the near future!!! ive been wanting 488nm-500nm for a really long time and its just now so much more accessible! excitied for new wavelengths! also really neat host, never seen much of anything quite like it.

Yes this is the best chance to get the 488 laser, thanks to Sharp :beer:

Wish you were more active here Tommy, good to see you posting.

Hi Tommy,
Nice build and water proof , Glad to see you posting as Alaskan said dont be a stranger.

Rich:)

Thanks Alaskan and Rich, i'm touched there are someone here miss me :)

hey tommy!! very cool host and yes that sure is close to the Tiffany & CO. color :)
like they all said, hope to hear from you more :beer: also, how long you gonna have this new Q-line?
because I may be ordering one from you in a couple weeks, I got some expenses at the moment so itll be a while.

The laser is now opening to sell, normally will be shipped out in 3 days. waterproof is a great point as I will never put other lasers into water. Q-Line is a serious laser maker.

Even it's low power but still not recommend to light for a long time, under 5 minute will be good :)

We don't test the wavelength because we have a diode data file from sharp.

Thanks Paul, This is designed by Q-Line, it is a great laser factory :) will update more of their design soon :)

Yes this is the best chance to get the 488 laser, thanks to Sharp :beer:

Thanks Alaskan and Rich, i'm touched there are someone here miss me :)

The laser is now opening to sell, normally will be shipped out in 3 days. waterproof is a great point as I will never put other lasers into water. Q-Line is a serious laser maker.
This is certainly a beautiful blue. There's one thing that would make me hesitant to purchase it and that is the high divergence. According to the specification in your link it has a spot size of 15-18mm at 5 meters. Some of us appreciate a lower divergence such as 1.2 mrad or lower so the spot size remains small at great distance. Keep that in mind please for future development.

You can get the waterproof 488 from our site HERE. and join our FB group for extra discount: FB Group

Hi tommy:

Please remember that many LPF members do NOT subscribe to FB for many reasons, especially their gaping security holes and selling user data. You will increase the number of interested people by also posting sales information here. Thanks and Take Care. :)

-cd

Reactions: GSS
Ooohh! I have measured 30 of these new Sharp diodes for wavelength and I can tell you for certain that only a few are low enough to give you 488nm. You need a spectrometer to find them. I don't understand why this laser doesn't have an adjustable focus. These diodes are single mode and have great divergence specs if focused properly.

Last edited:
Hi tommy:

Please remember that many LPF members do NOT subscribe to FB for many reasons, especially their gaping security holes and selling user data. You will increase the number of interested people by also posting sales information here. Thanks and Take Care. :)

-cd

I've got nothing to hide, use facebook to keep in contact with family, but I still don't like what I see going on with the way the things are going with digital means of communication, used to be, well, still is, illegal to open our mail, but somehow that law didn't transfer to our digital mail, but if you use free services, that's what you get.

I'm about to buy something off your store do you have any discount codes for me? :D :D :D

tommy

This is certainly a beautiful blue. There's one thing that would make me hesitant to purchase it and that is the high divergence. According to the specification in your link it has a spot size of 15-18mm at 5 meters. Some of us appreciate a lower divergence such as 1.2 mrad or lower so the spot size remains small at great distance. Keep that in mind please for future development.

Sorry I have made mistake on the divergence data. I have check the laser, it should be 5-8mm at 5 meters away.

Hi tommy:

-cd

Thanks for your remind:beer:

It's a fixed focus right? What kinda lens?

No it is an adjustable one. sorry to make you confused...use 7mm lens.