Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sh#t's hit the fan.

daguin

Too bad. Anybody has extras they are willing to sell?

He still has the boost drivers in stock. Plus, I am sure that he has already ordered the next batch. He is going to be moving on to just selling through distributors soon. You may want to look at Modwerx, HighTechDealz, or StoneTek to see if any of them still have flexdrives in stock.

Peace,
dave

Information being withheld for the good of the public is what leads to tyrannical governments. Information is not the privilege for the elite or those that believe they are somehow special. Information wants to be free.

daguin

Information being withheld for the good of the public is what leads to tyrannical governments. Information is not the privilege for the elite or those that believe they are somehow special. Information wants to be free.

Information is inanimate. Thus, it has no desires.

Peace,
dave

daguin

Would that mean that lasers don't blind people, that people blind people?

No. It would mean that information is inanimate. Thus it has no desires. :whistle:

Peace,
dave
Re: tautology

Last edited:

Trevor

No. It would mean that information is inanimate. Thus it has no desires. :whistle:

Peace,
dave
Re: tautology

honor_societies.png

:whistle:

-Trevor

jayrob

I have been getting a lot of messages lately... (more than before)

But it's really been going on every since the 445 diodes became available.

I've been warning people about proper eye protection, and have put a warning in my 18650 threads as well...

I'll bet Dave's diode sales have bumped up some too. Although they were already in high demand...

itw3ak

Its freedom of information guys. Its sad but true. If we can..."THEY" can. But honestly I have not seen these to be any more dangerous then the slew of lasers already available to the public with a few clicks and some cash. Even a 5mW laser can hurt eyes and if modded could burn. So I guess we just cross our fingers that the immature and such don't get to handle them. But lot of good that's gona do lol.

Pot modded 5mw lasers are of no danger to anyone... because cranked up to any appreciable power, they die too fast for their owners to do anything stupid with them.

I watched styro's video on youtube. Then I came here, searched his name, and found this thread. I successfully made a Dx 200mw green from one of his previous videos, and now I am going to do the 1 watt build.

I have done a lot of research here, and i've already order some goggles, and the 18650 kit from jayrob with a 3 week backorder. And I'm waiting for LarryDFW to contact me about some sanyo 18650 2600mah batteries, and a 2 cell charger.

By the way, this is my first post... When I joined this forum, I used the 'search tool' so I never really had to start a new thread :p I learned a lot from searching, and now I feel confident enough to build a 1 watt handheld.

Stephen

gillza

I have done a lot of research here, and i've already order some goggles, and the 18650 kit from jayrob with a 3 week backorder. And I'm waiting for LarryDFW to contact me about some sanyo 18650 2600mah batteries, and a 2 cell charger.

Stephen

Just looked up some sanyo 18650's on ebay for ~ $6.5 and ~6 for shipping. Does Larry offer them cheaper?

jayrob

Larry does have excellent quality batteries but they are non-protected...

If you want protected, get AW brand from lighthound.com