Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sell Red Laser Pointer 300-350mW. Handmade.

what diode are you using?

I just that you have good knowledge in laser technology. Laser diode
consumes 490-510mA in my designs. In view of the illuminated
optics, I think you know perfectly well that there is 350 mW. Meters
Unfortunately there is no power, but of course you want to measure. Pity not near live. As for prices, you're right, reducing the cost.

Can you post a link or spec sheet of the diode?

I don't have a spec sheet, but these lasers successfully manufactured and sold nearly 2 years. No one lasers didn't burned, so it says that over-driving no there ;)

Attention all visitors!

350 mW Red Laser Pointer in usual case.
Price: $200
1laserforum.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
350 mW Red Laser Pointer in extreme(heavy-duty) case!
Hot Price: $280!
2laserforum.jpg

Last edited:
What type of driver are you using ? did you buy it or make it ? and where did you get your laser diodes ? I want some like that ! Thanks !
BR Pyro...

What type of driver are you using ? did you buy it or make it ? and where did you get your laser diodes ? I want some like that ! Thanks !
BR Pyro...
Hello! Sorry for pause. Driver designed and manufactured independently with thermal stabilization and excellent performance. Schemes do not ask, I don't give. Diodes also commercial secret. Thank you for understanding!

Hello! Sorry for pause. Driver designed and manufactured independently with thermal stabilization and excellent performance. Schemes do not ask, I don't give. Diodes also commercial secret. Thank you for understanding!

Thats great, however it doesn't do much to help you sell your product. To clarify people are asking what diode you use because of the power output your claiming. This is a laser forum... the people here are very smart, know their stuff, and many even build their own. This means most of us know the diodes that are available, and how much power can be squeezed out of them. Keeping it a secret is fine, I understand your trying to make money like everyone else, but it just makes you look somewhat shady. If you say your selling a 350mW 650nm laser, and you say use "X" diode, the people here will likely know all about that diode and the power that can be achieved while using it. The only reason I can think of to keep it a quote secret would be because you know, and everyone else here would know that the claimed power is unreachable using that specific diode, or is being overdriven.

It is okay to reveal your quote "secret's" if you believe you have a solid and legit product. However I would not buy a laser without knowing anything about it. Maybe thats my personal preference but Im sure Im not alone. Ill stick with the focusable 200mW New Style dilda for for 55$ and add a meredith lens if I want even more power.

P.S

Go buy a new computer without knowing how fast the processor is, how much memory it has, and lastly how much hard drive space. That would be a great experience, and I doubt you would. Just because a sales guy,
( someone who wants my $ ) tells me its super fast, has x amount of memory, and a huge HD, doesn't mean I don't want to know what processor etc. it has in it. I know were talking lasers but its the same thing. I don't own a laser power meter and most don't which means I would have to take your word, and you have no reputation around here.

Im not saying your product is bad, it may be an amazing laser. But you have to realize you have no credibility yet and that has to be earned. If you want this without revealing your secrets I recommend you send one of your lasers to a high ranking trusted forum member to review your product and test it on a laser power meter to verify power output. Similar to what Steve the CEO of Wicked Lasers did. Check the review forum, he sent out over 10 very high priced lasers to members of this forum to review. He did this to earn respect, and show people that he offers a good product.

I'm not sure why Im going through all this but I guess I just want to be some help. They are sweet host's btw you could always offer the hosts.

Good luck,

-Greg

Last edited:
if your willing to cover shipping both ways i could check these out
i have a nice meter too -no charge i'm just tring to get that product of yours recognized

if your willing to cover shipping both ways i could check these out
i have a nice meter too -no charge i'm just tring to get that product of yours recognized

John_Lawson was one of the highly trusted forum members selected by Wicked Lasers to review one of their new models. If you want to get your name out their and prove your product is worthy, letting him test and verify your product is a good idea for your new business. Thats my two cents.

-Greg

Milos

hmm, You can always say that diode is a secret, but around here that is not very popular thing to do. Diodes do not like to be overdriven, and as far as we know 500mA is too much current for red diodes.

Another problem is you are using acrylic lens with over 300mW diode. It needs to be glass lens, or deformation can and will happen. Our 200mW and higher diodes proved this. This combination doesn't make sense.

Please be more technical in describing your laser.

Dear friends!

Ok. I'll send a laser for testing to John Lawson. I have one request - all trade secrets, which will be open during the test should remain secret. No photos gutted!

I approve characteristics. What about 500mA… I repeat - I have sold more than 180 laser pointers for 2 years! No one was asked to replace diode for all time. Acrylic lenses are not suitable? They are enlightened! Let them disappear at 1% (0.7-impact, 0.3-absorbed). What will 1mW on an area of 1mm squared? My answer – nothing! I observed it for 2 years.

Dear member «john_lawson» send me a letter! Arranging the details of delivery.

Dear friends!

Ok. I'll send a laser for testing to John Lawson. I have one request - all trade secrets, which will be open during the test should remain secret. No photos gutted!

I approve characteristics. What about 500mA… I repeat - I have sold more than 180 laser pointers for 2 years! No one was asked to replace diode for all time. Acrylic lenses are not suitable? They are enlightened! Let them disappear at 1% (0.7-impact, 0.3-absorbed). What will 1mW on an area of 1mm squared? My answer – nothing! I observed it for 2 years.

John is the man!

All visitors! I can send the device to John Lawson for power test only on October 10. Some details in short supply. Thank you for your understanding!

John will do well, this should help you sell these. BTW I like your avatar.

cool I will test as requested I will not take pictures or spread rumors
its your unit I am just testing output at suggested voltage you pm'd me with

John

ZRTMWA

I think he just meant no photos of the inside, but I can't see inside of Superlazor's mind.

Milos

Dear friends!

I do not mean to bust your design nor this sales thread in any way. Please don't get this wrong. I don't question your diode either, but the current setting vs. life expectency. With efficient lenses we can regularly get 310-335mW of red at 450mA which is much safer than 500mA at least for short open can reds.
I am very glad you are willing to have this laser tested by John.

In the mean time...

In above quoted text, are you actually saying your short focus lens is 99% efficient ? blocking only 1% ?? The best glass lens coated for red light we use here is Meredith lens, and it still blocks 4-5%
Here is summary of performances commonly used lenses for red and violet DIY lasers.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jayrob-vs-larryfdfw-ar-lens-vs-aixiz-standards-37895.html
Please clarify.

Are you also saying this is 1mm collimated beam ? If that's true, that is pretty damn good, but I suspect its more than that. Is it elliptic or circular dot?

Please post picture if you can, of projected dot on wall at distance of at least 4m from laser so we can see shape of dot or artifacts.

best regards

Milos

Last edited: