Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scorpion King 7.3W of beam expanded insanity!

This is a fantastic video highlighting an awesome build Thanks for sharing it with us... great job.

+1

c

Pman

WOW!

Uhmmmmm

WOW!

Did the same thing combining all my lasers and precision was NOTHING LOL

Thanks for sharing this build with us. I especially like how you show the parts and how everything comes together. Not that it matters much but I wish I could give greater than 1 REP:(
I give permission to have extra ice cream tonight.... (I have ice cream every night so that's what I'm going with here...)
Maybe I missed it but what exactly is he trying to get rid of?

Pete

Last edited:

Encap

The power is incredible, technical device design/look is outstanding, the built in beam expander is the finishing touch.

Awesome laser--really, really nice work!

JLSE

Appreciate the comments guys.. Was a long build and certainly my best to date. Im making
a handful of smaller versions to this that will include the integrated expander, though im thinking
of leaving the expander as optional / removable. The expander on this one is not threaded, rather
a quick adjust system adopted from older designs to make it easier to hit desired focus at various ranges

The name Scorpion King was used just as that, a scorpion killer for a gent in Texas. Hes been using a
1W arctic with one of my expanders to do the job, this laser is from what im told not only for scorpions
but possibly rattle snakes too lol. Not sure how that concept will go over with animal lovers :undecided:

At the moment there are none for sale until completion. For those interested, subscribe
to my new youtube channel linked in my sig, new item videos will be up before I post any
sale links.

I would also like to mention the lengthy conversations via email I had with the buyer long before
I even considered such a build and sale. This is not a laser you want falling into the wrong hands, even
more so for the long range version I am currently working on.

I will not be shipping to certain regions unless shipped to Overseas Military
Mail (the APO/FPO system). Dont ask, the video says it all :whistle:

Mmmmmm MOST IMPRESSIVE !!!! Amazing craftmenship !!!! Superlative style !!!Another " Combiner " trumps the Tridentis !!!
I am working on some farfield pics 4 the Tridentis....can you do one please...It has been my observation....that the normal divergence of the three (3) beams .....comes together...molds into each other....and any minor alignment variation becomes....LOST....unable to distinguish !!

Can you show much more detail of the optics combination area !!!! Please !!!
This is where the precision is MOST demanding....and where the " Magic" happens !!

You must have spent a great deal of time and planning to have the unit be so perfect !!! Your machining skills are A++++

What a BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDBEAM=======>

I think the question is, can you see the daytime when the laser is turned on?
There was another thread about that ,someone had a 4.2 watt in broad daylight on a cloudly day and you could see the beam ..so i would assume this much more power you would .

JLSE

Mmmmmm MOST IMPRESSIVE !!!! Amazing craftmenship !!!! Superlative style !!!Another " Combiner " trumps the Tridentis !!!
I am working on some farfield pics 4 the Tridentis....can you do one please...It has been my observation....that the normal divergence of the three (3) beams .....comes together...molds into each other....and any minor alignment variation becomes....LOST....unable to distinguish !!

Can you show much more detail of the optics combination area !!!! Please !!!
This is where the precision is MOST demanding....and where the " Magic" happens !!

You must have spent a great deal of time and planning to have the unit be so perfect !!! Your machining skills are A++++

What a BEAUTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDBEAM=======>

Appreciate it, thanks :beer:

This one is already with the buyer unfortunately, and range was not a consideration
as much as power was. He needed the most power over 20-30ft. Im working on one
now thats designed for range, I will get some footage at a distance..

Regarding the internals of the head, I never post those.. Took a long time including
hair pulling trial and error to get the layout just right into a 30mm x 40mm (approx)
where the 3 diodes fit in the palm of your hand, including optics.. If I make a less
compact version, no problem sharing those pics :wave: