Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Ripped me off, looking for someone who can do similar custom builds?

Seeing all the drama with Sci-Fi Lasers on here is pretty intense. I had an order with Eitan that I've completely given up on now.

Anyway, I know the sellers and builders on LPF are amazing (bought a Kryton groove from the user grainde a few months back and absolutely love it, great experience!) and I was wondering if anyone here could do a build similar to what I was expecting from Sci-Fi.

I ordered a 2W 445nm pointer in the 501b host from Sci-Fi and the total was 157 dollars (including shipping, batteries, and a custom color upgrade). If anyone can build something similar for a ballpark price ($200 is the highest I'm looking for ATM) please let me know!

Sorry for posting this in a new thread rather than contacting known sellers individually, it's just rather difficult to find a concrete list of who on here is reputable and all. Thanks!

The 501 is just a warmed over flashlight that will not give you much of a duty cycle in a 2-3 watt laser.

You can have a 3W in a Spiker HERE

Just look at SANWU lasers for the full line, many to chose from.

7hWLSml.jpg

Last edited:
The 501 is just a warmed over flashlight that will not give you much of a duty cycle in a 2-3 watt laser.

You can have a 2w in that HERE

Just look at SANWU lasers.

7hWLSml.jpg

You can have a 2w in that HERE
I'll take a look at that, thanks!

Sanwu looks very promising...next LPF main sponsor? :D

If you're still looking, I have a SF501B 445nm 2.3w laser that I'm looking to sell. Got it November-December last year and barely used it.
Has an 18650 driver so it uses a single 18650.
Willing to let go of it for $90

Last edited:

Pman

I think you mean 3W+ for $220 Red. I don't see a 2W+. That is a good recommendation for a higher end unit.
You may mean well Sunny but his major point is he wants to buy from someone he can count on that is a known verified seller and although that may be you in the future we can't vouche for you at this point. Stinks but that's the way it is until people get to know you and your builds. The forum has been inundated with scammer lately but we are working on weeding them out.
Jetlasers are another great choice and I see that you found a way to my friend Grainde and we're satisfied as I knew you would be.

Thanks guys; I'm about to place my order with Podo from Sanwu because that seems like the best option atm.

Pman

I would be shocked if you weren't satisfied with a Sanwu product.

Thanks guys; I'm about to place my order with Podo from Sanwu because that seems like the best option atm.

Glad you found something you like! What model are you going for? I was also screwed over by scifi, and after I got my refund, I bought a Challenger from Sanwu.

You can have a 3W in a Spiker HERE

Just look at SANWU lasers for the full line, many to chose from.

7hWLSml.jpg

Yeah those spikers are so nice, hopefully I'll have one of those within the next 6 months. Very good price too.

Hi my situation is the same as op. I payed for sf502b batteries and charger plus shipping 170$. After i get money back with dispute im looking to buy a laser without adding money. Im willing to buy something at 170$including batteries charger and shipping. Anything u can suggest ?

Last edited:
Hi my situation is the same as op. I payed for sf502b batteries and charger plus shipping 170$. After i get money back with dispute im looking to buy a laser without adding money. Im willing to buy something at 170$including batteries charger and shipping. Anything u can suggest ?

Sanwu is awesome, check em out

Definitely Sanwu man. It'll end up costing a little more than Sci-Fi (I'm assuming this is your first laser order, but you definitely don't want to order batteries with your laser in the same order..It'll get caught up in customs more likely.) because Sanwu doesn't come with your rechargeable batteries and charger.

Either way, the Challenger/Challenger 2 are good options for something high powered like the 502 you wanted from Sci-Fi.