Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Resolved

What batteries are you using? Did you ohm test the tail cap/switch? Try removing tail cap and place copper/ conductive metal from threads to negative terminal? I do have that exact same unit and have not had any problems, aside from chipping one of my dicro's, but i think that was due to excessive power. Mine is a solid build.

Last edited:

@Hap - unfortunately I did not, and the time window for doing so has since lapsed. As I had been promised that there was a module in the mail (there never was), and I still trusted that I wasn't being lied to (I, in fact, was), I didn't do this when I had the opportunity to do so.

@binary - I haven't done any of those things, but am hesitant to try since the laser is supposedly under warranty still (for what little that's apparently worth...) Anyways, I don't want to give sci-fi lasers any cause to blame this on me since they have demonstrated unscrupulousness in all the interactions I've so far had with them. And to be honest, after all of the headache I've been through from the start of this, I just want a refund and to be done with this nightmare

@Hap - unfortunately I did not, and the time window for doing so has since lapsed. As I had been promised that there was a module in the mail (there never was), and I still trusted that I wasn't being lied to (I, in fact, was), I didn't do this when I had the opportunity to do so.

@binary - I haven't done any of those things, but am hesitant to try since the laser is supposedly under warranty still (for what little that's apparently worth...) Anyways, I don't want to give sci-fi lasers any cause to blame this on me since they have demonstrated unscrupulousness in all the interactions I've so far had with them. And to be honest, after all of the headache I've been through from the start of this, I just want a refund and to be done with this nightmare

Try explaining to PayPal or Visa whichever one you used and explain the situation. There has been some instances where refunds can still be issued even past the "refund date" :)

-Alex

Reactions: GSS

I don't want to sound like a dick but I don't see why you think you can get a refund. The website does not state any refund may be given. You are entitled to a replacement or a repair based on the information on the website. The product is very sensitive

That being said.
I'm sure this thread should get you what is stated in the agreement on the website possibly a refund. I am sorry to hear you have had such problems.

Last edited:

@hap - thanks for the tip, I have submitted a claim through paypal on your recommendation. I didn't think that refunds beyond that time limit were an option

@binary - I initially asked for help repairing the product from sci-fi lasers, and was told that he would help me fix it "later", "within 24 hours", "in two days", "tomorrow", etc. Then I was told I would be sent a replacement module and it was the same story there. I did not initially want a refund - only a working laser; but as my frustration grew dealing with sci-fi lasers, I felt entitled to a refund as any replacement or fix was obviously not forthcoming. Additionally, I was told I would be given a refund my sci-fi lasers, and then, after several days of nagging emails, I was told that I had been given a refund (which was a lie told to me by the company as I have yet to have my money refunded)

Just got refunded buddy. Truly had a lot of stuff going on. I apologize for the delay with the refund buddy. You do not need to ship the non working one back. It is okay.

Problems occur from time to time. I got a bunch of happy customers here too. I am more than willing to help everyone out , it did not work this time. And you got your money back.

For anyone reading this , I am always here. I am always here to help and take care of every customer. Sometimes it takes a bit more. Sometimes it is quicker. I always refund the buyer in case of a lose \ non working laser or anything similar. Warranty is provided up to 6 months too. So everything is legit. Never ran away and never stole anything from anyone.

Moreover , I can tell you that I got customers that do not even pay me until they get the Laser \ Item. Members like Ricker that got a few lasers from me , Pman that got a 12 lenses last week , RB Astro which has two lasers on the way to him , and a few more less known members.

I am offering to every member here with a minimal reputation the option to pay after he receive the Laser only.

:beer:

Last edited:
Re: Just bought three lasers from Sci-Fi

The lasers have been shipped :) You will get an email with the tracking code shortly :beer:

Thanks for finally actually processing the refund, but I do wish it hadn't taken four months, countless emails, broken promises, and ultimately my posting on this forum to make it happen. Despite the refund, I won't be doing business with you again, nor will I recommend your products due to the atrocious customer service I experienced. Good luck with your business

OVNI

Thanks for finally actually processing the refund, but I do wish it hadn't taken four months, countless emails, broken promises, and ultimately my posting on this forum to make it happen. Despite the refund, I won't be doing business with you again, nor will I recommend your products due to the atrocious customer service I experienced. Good luck with your business

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience but my laser, once it finally arrived, worked fine, still does and is top notch quality. However, it wasn't a pleasant experience. Eitan's replies were always courteous and professional; just not timely, accurate, or contained reliable information. I never did understand or get an explanation how one gets multiple wrong tracking numbers.

Getting the laser before you pay is a good step for Sci Fi but as an enthusiastic hobbyist, not knowing when I'm going to get something this nice and costs as much as they do (and worth it) is a deal breaker for me. A delivery date even to within a week is OK but not months. It's a shame for you, me, and maybe a few others (I'm aware a lot of people do stand by them) as their laser is a great value.

Vision

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience but my laser, once it finally arrived, worked fine, still does and is top notch quality. However, it wasn't a pleasant experience. Eitan's replies were always courteous and professional; just not timely, accurate, or contained reliable information. I never did understand or get an explanation how one gets multiple wrong tracking numbers.

Getting the laser before you pay is a good step for Sci Fi but as an enthusiastic hobbyist, not knowing when I'm going to get something this nice and costs as much as they do (and worth it) is a deal breaker for me. A delivery date even to within a week is OK but not months. It's a shame for you, me, and maybe a few others (I'm aware a lot of people do stand by them) as their laser is a great value.

Kinda the same thing with me. My tracking code is still not working for the first laser I ordered. And its still not here. The second laser has not been sent and with a working tracking number. Waiting onto the third one to ship.

But, considering for the last two lasers he told me to pay after I receive them,I got nothing to complain about.

Kinda the same thing with me. My tracking code is still not working for the first laser I ordered. And its still not here. The second laser has not been sent and with a working tracking number. Waiting onto the third one to ship.

But, considering for the last two lasers he told me to pay after I receive them,I got nothing to complain about.

Your tracking is working buddy ^^ you got it a few days ago if you remember by email :)

:beer:

I'm in a similar position now. Emailed Eitan about getting an Arcane 2.0 on 1/20/16, he was quick to respond and I paid the same day. He had originally promised a 2 week turnaround because I was moving end of February. There have been a lot of emails back and forth since then (all me asking on status). He's said it's been shipped several times including 3/8 most recently (almost two weeks ago) but provided no tracking number since.

So already 2 months on a supposed two week promise and no tracking number or laser.

I ordered from Lazerer on the same day and it's basically the same story. Lots of back and forth with them trying to find out what's going on and still no laser or ship date.

This is a frustrating hobby, I just want my first laser! I'm out $300 for the past two months with nothing to show for it.

becaus Joker have a lot of orders to fills... 200+.....

if you dissatisfy with Scifi then try out Sanwu....or ask any member here to build you one...

Status
Not open for further replies.