Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanyo 18650 batteries from cnqualitygoods.com

jimdt7

What is the color of the insulator around the positive terminal ? Thanks...

It is green ! These batteries are identical with the Sanyo from Larry.

Sorry guys for not updating the thread, but had some family issues.

Jim

LaZeRz

Can someone who owns these test the internal resistance + capacity?

The first Sanyo batts that i bought from Larry had a green ring.
Maybe now, s@ny0 changed the ring :thinking:

Jim

Jim;

Sanyo does NOT change the insulating ring color for each capacity series they manufacture.

I am selling the new higher voltage U. L. listed cells with new safety layer.

They are higher capacity 3000mah Samsung cells which can be charged to 4.35 VDC.

Power Testing Graph of 18650 Cells

Larry

Last edited:
^And the previous version Sanyo that I got from you are still real winners. So the new series that you have would really be king. :)

Encap

all of the pink cover Sanyo 18650s that I have seen have:
a green insulating ring if 2600 mAh version
a violet insulating ring if 2800 mAh version

While I have not had one in my hand all the images of the Sanyo 18650 3000mAh that I have seen show a violet cover with yellow insulating ring

Joe Mo

I have one of these that came with my arctic, they are actually very good batteries

We all know that Sanyo doesn't print specs on their cells.

Here is some info for you guys, so you know what you actually getting from potential sellers:

Older cells:

Sanyo UR18650F 2200mAh red ring

Sanyo UR18650A 2250mAh violet ring

Sanyo UR18650F 2400mAh green ring

Sanyo UR18650F 2600mAh teal blue ring

New 4.35V cells:

Sanyo UR18650ZT 2800mAh violet (orange cell cover) 4.35V

Sanyo UR18650ZTA 3000mAh yellow (violet cell cover) 4.35V

-----------

I hope this might be useful for some of LPF members

Jim;

Sanyo does NOT change the insulating ring color for each capacity series they manufacture.

They are higher capacity 3000mah Samsung cells which can be charged to 4.35 VDC.

Larry

all of the pink cover Sanyo 18650s that I have seen have:
a green insulating ring if 2600 mAh version
a violet insulating ring if 2800 mAh version

While I have not had one in my hand all the images of the Sanyo 18650 3000mAh that I have seen show a violet cover with yellow insulating ring

We all know that Sanyo doesn't print specs on their cells.

Here is some info for you guys, so you know what you actually getting from potential sellers:

Older cells:

Sanyo UR18650F 2200mAh red ring

Sanyo UR18650A 2250mAh violet ring

Sanyo UR18650F 2400mAh green ring

Sanyo UR18650F 2600mAh teal blue ring

New 4.35V cells:

Sanyo UR18650ZT 2800mAh violet (orange cell cover) 4.35V

Sanyo UR18650ZTA 3000mAh yellow (violet cell cover) 4.35V

-----------

I hope this might be useful for some of LPF members

So what's the real deal?? 2 different dealers saying 2 different things about the Sanyo's now. Can anyone elaborate OR provide Sanyo issued specs or direct links to Sanyo published specs? Plus some users' show some different colored rings.......we seem to have a conflict of "info" here :thinking:

What larry meant is that all 2600mAh sanyo cells will have the teal ring, they didn't just pick colors at random for each series of cell. i.e. if there was a cell made in 06, and a newer model now, but both were 2600mAh models, they'd both ahve the same ring.

Brenner's post contains information that is very hard to search for, but extremely useful in identifying sanyo cells. Sanyo used to only print batch numbers on cells, with no model identifiers besides the ring. Now, they imprint the model of the cell on the wrapper.

What larry meant is that all 2600mAh sanyo cells will have the teal ring, they didn't just pick colors at random for each series of cell. i.e. if there was a cell made in 06, and a newer model now, but both were 2600mAh models, they'd both ahve the same ring.

Brenner's post contains information that is very hard to search for, but extremely useful in identifying sanyo cells. Sanyo used to only print batch numbers on cells, with no model identifiers besides the ring. Now, they imprint the model of the cell on the wrapper.

This is not intended to be an "ultimate guide" to Sanyo (now Panasonic) cells.
It can be used as an orientation when buying Sanyo cells.
I am working with all kind of cells from various companies, and have access to internal documents, which of course cannot be posted publicly.

Guys, rule nr1. is : If you really want to know what capacity are your cells, and under what discharging conditions they perform the best- send it to somebody with good battery analyzer, or do it yourself if you have one.

Nothing can beat good batt. analyzer.

Jim;

Sanyo does NOT changethe insulating ring color for each capacity series they manufacture.

Larry

I fully understand what you are saying, but that's not what Larry posted; I'd like to see Larry chime in on this.

Here is how the date code works on Sanyo 18650's

Sanyo.png

Last edited: