Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu review, 7 watt Spiker, Tri-beam Guardian, 150mw 520nm Pocket

BobMc

Got my order from Sanwu's today, so here some pictures and my thoughts. The 7 watt Spiker just a beast, it's real heavy and real solid feeling. Not a scratch on it, flawless. Ordered the beam expander adapter for the Spiker but it didn't get shipped so I've got no pictures with the Spiker with the expander on it. In touch with Sanwu, (quite sure someone just had a senior moment (haaa) and they'll make good on it). Anyways this is the second Spiker I own, but the other one a Saber style. This one takes the 26650's and has a much better feel in the hand. Got it with the g7 lens, also got it with the de-canned 44 not the 08 they changed it to. My LPM can't measure this many watts without the sensor burning so I can't LPM it. But comparing it to my other 7 watt'ers it right up there. Can't get over the solidness of the unit it's REAL nice. Got the mulit-mode driver, still trying to get the hang of it, but it's going to take a bit to get good at it. Discovered if you mess up on switching the modes, let it sit for a minute and try it again seems to resit everything. ( or maybe it's just me:yh:) The strobe is just killer, looks real nice at night. Threads are real smooth. It fits in a extra Wicked Laser holster I had so its got a nice home.
IMG_1160_zpsyl9uyhfr.jpg
507309110_zpsu0qbihfy.jpg
IMG_1211_zpstljwnacw.jpg
IMG_1238_zpsyfjkkorw.jpg
IMG_1238_zps2dgzt3jr.jpg
IMG_1239_zpscs6bgoxe.jpg
IMG_1185_zpsrv84l9nm.jpg
IMG_1186_zpsjnxz2pwt.jpg

The second one I ordered is the tri-beam Guardian, of all the Sanwu's these are my favorite. Like always, she came in flawless. Got it with the g7 and the grids and groves. I LPM'd it and could only get it above to 1.033 watts, but I blame my LPM on that, I've burned my sensor so I can't really trust it. (scooping on a new one ) so all my measurements are off. But it's all I got right now so take it with a grain of salt. I have a Newport 20x beam expander that I got an adapter machined, so that it fit on the Sanwu's, the pictures I'm showing don't do it justice, but it compresses the beam down to about 1/5 of what it was. Which turns it almost into a dot. Still got the three dots but there really really small. She's a beauty. The beam shot don't do it justice but here goes,. The first beam shot is without the Newport the second one this with the B.E. on
IMG_1162_zpsvs6bu7ov.jpg
IMG_1162_zpsvs6bu7ov.jpg
FullSizeR_zpsvlbxpcau.jpg
IMG_1190_zpslg81tnbn.jpg
IMG_1214_zpsmm0cr7s6.jpg
IMG_1231_zps9ekgq3kc.jpg
IMG_1219_zpslqxgvvd1.jpg

The third one I ordered was the 150mw 520nm pocket. Once again I gotta say up front I LPM'd it and it's only showing 111.590mw's but it's my LPM that's giving the low reading, but anyways. She's real sweet and a little powerhouse flawless like the rest of their units. She throws a really nice beam also for such a small host. So with out further ado, pictures.
IMG_1163_zpsg6f3ce6g.jpg
RenderedI_zpsasgc6env.jpg
IMG_1202_zpsu0yyfobc.jpg
I try to get some outside beam shots of the 520 and the tri-beam but the neighborhood was to busy last night hopefully tonight ??? Hope you enjoy the post.:yh:

Last edited:

Razako

Excellent review! +Repped. I'm continually torn on who's the better buy between Sanwu and JL. JL quality seems to be slightly above Sanwu, but they also have higher prices.

Last edited:

BobMc

Excellent review! +Repped. I'm continually torn on who's the better buy between Sanwu and JL. JL quality seems to be slightly above Sanwu, but they also have higher prices.

Thanks Razako, I got a nice collection of Sanwu's going, but they don't have any 532nm's. So I'm planning to get my first J.L. here in a month or two. thanks for the reps ! :yh:

Razako

What lens did you order with your 7W spiker? Sanwu offer g2, g7 or 3 element. Not sure myself on which one is the best, and for what.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
HiBM,
Awesome job as usual my man, great lasers do you think you were bitten by the bug?? Yea just a little bit LOL !! Enjoy them they are awesome ..
Ill even throw you a REP +

Rich:)

BobMc

What lens did you order with your 7W spiker? Sanwu offer g2, g7 or 3 element. Not sure myself on which one is the best, and for what.

All my Sanwu's have g7's, but I just picked up 5, 2 elements from DTR to run as comparison.

Last edited:

BobMc

HiBM,
Awesome job as usual my man, great lasers do you think you were bitten by the bug?? Yea just a little bit LOL !! Enjoy them they are awesome ..
Ill even throw you a REP +

Rich:)

Morning Lifetime, Yea, I got bit pretty bad, (ooooch):tinfoil: as we speak building an 08 with a g2, and two 05's one with a g2 and the other with that g-ball. Going to compare the two. Will post a build thread when finished. Also thanks for the reps :thanks:

Last edited:

BobMc

Talked to Sanwu a few days ago and just like I figured, they stood tall and said they already shipped the adapter out. So it's on it way. Spiker's gonna get a BE :)

Talked to Sanwu a few days ago and just like I figured, they stood tall and said they already shipped the adapter out. So it's on it way. Spiker's gonna get a BE :)
They might as well just include it with the spike. It makes a nice splash hider. I need to stop looking at the 520 pocket. Nice amount of green coming from a tiny 10440 host with an elegant focus adapter. The g7 thickens the beam nicely.
Edit. So what do you think of the 2 element lens?

Last edited:

BobMc

They might as well just include it with the spike. It makes a nice splash hider. I need to stop looking at the 520 pocket. Nice amount of green coming from a tiny 10440 host with an elegant focus adapter. The g7 thickens the beam nicely.
Edit. So what do you think of the 2 element lens?

Looking forward to getting the adapter, so I can try my BE's on the Spiker. Have a 20x Newport BE, besides the Sanwu BE's, like to give that one a try, got an adapter machined so I can use it on any unit but need the Spiker adapter to make them fit, should throw one heck of a beam.:D

The 520 150mw pocket has got to be their best pocket yet. Your right whole lot of green coming from such a small host is great!

I just love the 2elements ( thanks for the heads up ) will be ordering some more. :thanks:

Last edited:

BobMc

"What do you do with 7W of laser?

Anything I want! :D

No updates, all is still working the way they should. Maybe that's an update? :thinking: :) ~~~~ edit, I'm guessing you asking for updates on the BE adapter? As far as I know it's should be at the house when I get back. Will be a couple more weeks . Will try to post some beam pics, should be something pretty neat. :)

Last edited:
You must be getting a great deal on Mac n Cheese. I have been eyeing the pocket 520. How's the beam shape at distance?

BobMc

You must be getting a great deal on Mac n Cheese. I have been eyeing the pocket 520. How's the beam shape at distance?

I took out stock in the M&C company and I'm their best customer. Heeee :)

But the beam on the 520 150mw is real sharp, at a distance say 50' it just a dot no line at all. It's my favorite pocket. So much power in such an small host. It's really sweet. I think it was well worth the money or the M&C whichever you prefer? :D I've got their 50mw 520 also, and the 150mw so much nicer. Highly recommend it. You get 30 seconds plus for run time and maybe 30 mins run time on a battery charge. Sweet little laser, I got a g7 on mine. As always the joints are flawless you can't even see them.

Last edited: