Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

Podo

I ordered 488 nm Cyan Sanwu Pocket a 14 days ago for 160$ in Bitcoins, it's will be my first laser and i a little woried, becouse i maked full prepayment and Sanwu doesnt returt money when you pay in Bitcoins. And there are no any guarantees that i will get my laser. They resently end the holydays and i still waite my laser. Im a little disapointed
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the delivery to Russia due to the international events that currently going on between russia and Ukraine, you order has been sent today via China EMS which is the only shipping service that is able to send to Russia and we will let you know the tracking number shortly.

hillbilly931

How come I've emailed the company 5 times asking to purchase a new tail switch for my 7w striker and have no response ? BUT when I wanted to buy the laser they sent bitcoin address fast..

Podo

How come I've emailed the company 5 times asking to purchase a new tail switch for my 7w striker and have no response ? BUT when I wanted to buy the laser they sent bitcoin address fast..
Hi there, if you are who we thought, we did sent you an email on 9/27 but did not receive any response from you since then.

Im Greek

Same thing, try to message him on WhatsApp, here he answer once on a day
+1 (601) 389-7682

Photon Master

I ordered 488 nm Cyan Sanwu Pocket a 14 days ago for 160$ in Bitcoins, it's will be my first laser and i a little woried, becouse i maked full prepayment and Sanwu doesnt returt money when you pay in Bitcoins. And there are no any guarantees that i will get my laser. They resently end the holydays and i still waite my laser. Im a little disapointed
I’ve bought half a dozen lasers from Sanwu and never had an issue. Great company to deal with

GigaWattLasersaber

Hello Podo and everyone else,
I am a new member to LPF, and am pretty new to the hobby overall. I am very curious as to if you will have a Black Friday sale this year. I would greatly appreciate if you could respond to this post with a quick yes or no, I do not mean to take up too much of your time.

I am planning on purchasing one of your lowest-costing models (the Pocket series - specifically the 445nm, 800mW version, with batteries and a charger, and appropriate safety goggles), so I know that I am not your biggest customer, but it would be very nice to know if there is about to be a sale for Black Friday in a week. I know SanwuLasers is a Hong Kong based company and Black Friday deals are pretty much only done in the US, though Black Friday deals were offered in 2020, so this is the reason I am asking.

I know that SanwuLasers has their customer service line on WhatsApp and email, but I figured this topic would be better suited for the forum posting in case anyone in the future wants to know if Sanwu has Black Friday deals.

Also, does anyone know if SanwuLasers can be shipped to United States PO boxes? I know $150-$200 might not be much to everyone, but I really do not want my package being lost or stolen.

Thank you,
GigaWattLasersaber

Photon Master

I ordered my latest batch of Sanwu lasers a few weeks ago and they already shipped by FedEx.

You’ll love your pocket blue. It’s really tiny but you can still make a dry leave smoke. Don’t be tempted to shine it on your hand even though it’s little!

GigaWattLasersaber

I ordered my latest batch of Sanwu lasers a few weeks ago and they already shipped by FedEx.

You’ll love your pocket blue. It’s really tiny but you can still make a dry leave smoke. Don’t be tempted to shine it on your hand even though it’s little!
Thanks for the reply Photon Master, I figured that it would be a good idea to start off with such a reputable brand as SanwuLasers, especially because Podo is a part of the LPF.

I noticed that you happen to have the exact same model that I was thinking about buying, how do you like the model? If I am right you should be able to look at the dot on the wall without any laser safety goggles, though it is getting close to the intensity where it isn't recommended for long times, correct? Obviously goggles are best and always recommended to prevent permanent blindness or eye hazards, but how bright is the 800mW 445nm laser without goggles? Is there potential for eye damage if I look at the dot on a wall without wearing any goggles at all?

For my very first laser, should I reconsider going with such a high power and not-visible wavelength? I would be starting out with a class 4 pocket laser after all. The cyan and other colors are also very interesting to me as well.

Lastly, do you ever push your lasers to the full 60/80 second duty cycle? Have they withstood repeated use well?

Sorry about all the questions, I just am a little anxious about getting such a powerful laser.
-GigaWattLasersaber

Photon Master

Thanks for the reply Photon Master, I figured that it would be a good idea to start off with such a reputable brand as SanwuLasers, especially because Podo is a part of the LPF.

I noticed that you happen to have the exact same model that I was thinking about buying, how do you like the model? If I am right you should be able to look at the dot on the wall without any laser safety goggles, though it is getting close to the intensity where it isn't recommended for long times, correct? Obviously goggles are best and always recommended to prevent permanent blindness or eye hazards, but how bright is the 800mW 445nm laser without goggles? Is there potential for eye damage if I look at the dot on a wall without wearing any goggles at all?

For my very first laser, should I reconsider going with such a high power and not-visible wavelength? I would be starting out with a class 4 pocket laser after all. The cyan and other colors are also very interesting to me as well.

Lastly, do you ever push your lasers to the full 60/80 second duty cycle? Have they withstood repeated use well?

Sorry about all the questions, I just am a little anxious about getting such a powerful laser.
-GigaWattLasersaber
Greetings my friend!

You’ll be glad you bought from Sanwu. I’ve loved every laser I got from them. My new violet and blue are coming tomorrow.

IMHO I would absolutely not shine the laser on anything near you without glasses. I even wear mine while switching batteries.

That being said, I feel like you’d be fine shining it on a tree 50 feet away with no glasses. Obviously don’t shine it anywhere near metal or something reflective.

I’m not sure about the duty cycle. I’d say if you can feel it getting even a little warm, give it a break. Someone more knowledgeable on here could give you better info on that

You’ll love your laser!

Photon Master

Got my lasers today.

So the good:
  1. The 7 watt “Silver” blue laser is a beast. Even unfocused it instantly lit a leaf on fire.
  2. The 1.4W violet guardian is wicked cool. Pinpoint dot
  3. Super fast shipping
  4. Beautiful construction
The not so good:
  1. I ordered two 18650s and two 18350s, but no batteries were included.
  2. The cap shown for the Silver wasn’t included to focus the blue laser. I think maybe I was supposed to buy it separately but I still can’t find it on the website
  3. I don’t like the multi operation mode which is my own fault because I ordered them that way. Go with the single operation.
I reached out to Sanwu to see if they can resolve the issues

//edit// I’m rethinking my opinion of the multi mode. At night the beam is so bright that you can’t look at it even when it’s not bouncing off anything. Even on strobe it’ll burn stuff

Last edited:

Photon Master

So Sanwu responded very quickly! It turns out the focus issue on the Silver was user error on my part. The machining is so precise that I didn't see the groove in the front to rotate it and focus. What an awesome laser. They're also shipping me new batteries. Great company to buy from!