Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

GigaWattLasersaber

Thank you for the thoughtful and immediate replies Photon Master, again Sanwu lives up to their brand name of supplying super-powerful, well-assembled lasers in sleek designs. I am definitely looking forward to buying my pocket laser, it has been hard to wait until Black Friday to check if Podo will give deals.

I also came across a very strange website that seems to be selling either knock-off clones of Sanwu lasers, or for whatever reason an actual second retailer for Sanwu lasers that are much cheaper than the actual SanwuLasers website for whatever reason.
This is the website that I'm talking about, and the specific listing (I can't post links because my account isn't old enough, just remove the spaces in the URL and search for the website).
LaserPointerStore - Sanwu Pocket Listing:
https:// www. laserpointerstore .com/products/sanwu-pocket-series-laser-pointer/

In case the listing gets taken down, I have taken a screenshot of the store for Podo to check out if this does happen to be someone trying to steal business from Sanwu. I have attached that screenshot below. They also claim to be offering free goggles (unspecified as to what OD rating or what wavelength it is for at all), batteries, charger, and shipping on orders for the Pocket series. All for 30% less than the Sanwu official website. Very strange. I would love to hear directly from Podo about this.

I also attached a screenshot of the collection of Sanwu products that the laserpointerstore website is claiming to sell, again all offering some discount off the official price, usually around $20.

I'm still not entirely sure how to tag a member, or if I did tag Podo with the reply at the top of my post, so if not would someone mind asking Podo if this is legit?

Attachments

• LaserPointerStore selling SanwuLasers for Half Price.jpg
    LaserPointerStore selling SanwuLasers for Half Price.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 7
  • LaserPointerStore selling SanwuLasers for Half Price(1).jpg
    LaserPointerStore selling SanwuLasers for Half Price(1).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 6

AeonMyco

Is everything alright over at Sanwu? I wonder what with all the complexity of PRC these days... My first laser from Sanwu was/is TOTALLY AWEsoMe. But, now, I am going quite a while without a reply (on a second laser, of course much more of one!).

?

GigaWattLasersaber

I hope that SanwuLasers is doing well despite the issues going on in the world currently. From what I read on these forums they seemed to have a really good reputation. I am very excited about the pocket series laser that I just ordered from them (Pocket 445nm, 800mW - with the OD6 Eagle Pair Laser Goggles (190nm-540nm)). I was hoping to get a discount for Black Friday, but I knew that it was unlikely.

I also have a few more questions about the goggles I ordered, if anyone could answer I would greatly appreciate it. --- Basically, I do not completely understand which colors it will be useful for. I basically ripped this straight from survivallaserusa .com, but basically "They are suitable for use with 405nm violet, 445nm blue, and 532nm DPSS green lasers that DO NOT produce significant amounts of unfiltered 1064nm infrared light. These Eagle Pair goggles may be used when looking at the spot created by a 100 watt or lower power laser on a non-reflective surface."
Is this accurate? 190-540 should cover most lasers other than yellow-green, yellow, orange, and red lasers correct (obviously I am ignoring invisible light too)? And does it make sense to buy OD6 goggles for a 800mW laser, or will it block out too much of the light?

I hope shipping does not take too long (past 30-40 days lol), and I hope the laser is still of a decent quality like what I read on here and saw in videos. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Also, my debit card was declined when I tried to order the laser, but I think that might've just been because the company was chinese? I'm really not sure. After validating the purchase and reconfirming the order, the order went through and I received a nice email and pdf receipt saying that I'll receive tracking info in 5-10 days or so. Very excited!
Thank you for supplying sleek lasers with awesome diodes, Podo :). Good luck with the laser business.

Photon Master

I hope that SanwuLasers is doing well despite the issues going on in the world currently. From what I read on these forums they seemed to have a really good reputation. I am very excited about the pocket series laser that I just ordered from them (Pocket 445nm, 800mW - with the OD6 Eagle Pair Laser Goggles (190nm-540nm)). I was hoping to get a discount for Black Friday, but I knew that it was unlikely.

I also have a few more questions about the goggles I ordered, if anyone could answer I would greatly appreciate it. --- Basically, I do not completely understand which colors it will be useful for. I basically ripped this straight from survivallaserusa .com, but basically "They are suitable for use with 405nm violet, 445nm blue, and 532nm DPSS green lasers that DO NOT produce significant amounts of unfiltered 1064nm infrared light. These Eagle Pair goggles may be used when looking at the spot created by a 100 watt or lower power laser on a non-reflective surface."
Is this accurate? 190-540 should cover most lasers other than yellow-green, yellow, orange, and red lasers correct (obviously I am ignoring invisible light too)? And does it make sense to buy OD6 goggles for a 800mW laser, or will it block out too much of the light?

I hope shipping does not take too long (past 30-40 days lol), and I hope the laser is still of a decent quality like what I read on here and saw in videos. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Also, my debit card was declined when I tried to order the laser, but I think that might've just been because the company was chinese? I'm really not sure. After validating the purchase and reconfirming the order, the order went through and I received a nice email and pdf receipt saying that I'll receive tracking info in 5-10 days or so. Very excited!
Thank you for supplying sleek lasers with awesome diodes, Podo :). Good luck with the laser business.
Hi, my lasers took 16 days to arrive in USA. I’ve always used red glasses when I use my green and blue lasers but I also bought the 190/540 glasses you’re looking at because I was getting a violet. They work great for the 7 watt blue. I can barely see the spot indoors and not at all outside. The build quality is insane… I thought the silver wasn’t focusable because it’s machined so well I couldn’t feel the groove with my thumbnail.

They forgot to ship batteries with mine. I let them know earlier this week and yesterday I received a pair of nice 18350 and 18650s from them.

Awesome company

AeonMyco

Everything is alright as far as I can tell. In fact, no matter what's going on, Francis has been great to talk with (and I'm a tricky customer, being between america (N) and africa! )

moontower

Is everything alright over at Sanwu? I wonder what with all the complexity of PRC these days... My first laser from Sanwu was/is TOTALLY AWEsoMe. But, now, I am going quite a while without a reply (on a second laser, of course much more of one!).

?
How long did it take to reply to you? Their "live chat" has been pretty bad anytime I've tried it.

AeonMyco

Sanwu has been great communicating via email. Same day or next day replies are the norm.

"live chat" is pretty much a bullshit move even with giant companies, some dumb wannabe-ai algo that may eventually redirect to a third-party CS centre with low credential 0-expertise. . . I rant.

Francis is my POC and everything has been clear, responsive, and collegial. I recommend Sanwu.

moontower

Sanwu has been great communicating via email. Same day or next day replies are the norm.

"live chat" is pretty much a bullshit move even with giant companies, some dumb wannabe-ai algo that may eventually redirect to a third-party CS centre with low credential 0-expertise. . . I rant.

Francis is my POC and everything has been clear, responsive, and collegial. I recommend Sanwu.
Their livechat actually just messages their facebook page, so you're chatting to them in an embedded fb messenger as a guest. But they're not too helpful through that. I'll have to try sending them an email or dming podo on here..

Last edited:

Species8472

Does the auto rotating pattern cap rotate constantly or can you stop it on a fixed pattern? This would be for the 7.5 watt striker.

Podo

New Saber series, Golden pocket lasers, Revamped Ranger, RGB sales!

The old striker saber has a brand new looking and improved functions, instead of optional dimmer switch function we used to offer for the old model, the saber now comes with two dimmer switches, the top one allows user to adjust the laser power and the second switch has swift access to different functions such as strobe mode, breathing mode and SOS mode, all speed adjustable.
This new feature alters the way how multi mode works, instead of doing it with the button switch(some customers find it difficult to change mode with the button switch), you simply turn the dimmer switch to gain access to varies modes. On top of that we also added vibration to the laser to indicate the the changing of the mode & when you power on the laser.

This brings entirely new user experience and complete control to the laser, a must-have for any laser fans!

Check it out below:
https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/strikersaber

New Exotic wavelengths for the pocket series!!!
$135 556nm Bright Green DPSS
$135 561nm Yellow DPSS
$140 593.5nm Amber/ Gold DPSS

The exotic wavelengths that everyone have been long asking and dream for, are now coming in the pocket series for extremely affordable price!
https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/pocket

*DPSS pocket lasers are running on 1 x aaa 1.5V battery/ 1 x 1.5V ni-mh battery, do not use 10440 li-ion 3.7V battery that other pocket laser use.

Revamped Ranger
While we are upgrading the saber, the same goes for the ranger, it now has both dimmer switches when you select multi mode and it works the same way!
*(Single mode version comes with one dimmer switch only).
https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/laserrangers

RGB sales:
To celebrate the new coming products and series improvements, the RGB laser is offering a 20% discount($1249→$999), this is the best price and chance to get on hold to one of the greatest laser masterpiece!
https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/rgblaser

Photon Master

Very nice!

Yesterday I saw a huge hornet nest on my roof when I came in. Had to bust out my blue Sanwu laser. Burned the nest and picked off the little bastards as they flew out.

Very nice!

Yesterday I saw a huge hornet nest on my roof when I came in. Had to bust out my blue Sanwu laser. Burned the nest and picked off the little bastards as they flew out.
Did you know hornets will not bother you unless you bother them. They are also very beneficial predators of other bothersome insects. Also come winter when they all have died and you could have salvaged that nest because people will buy it.