Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu Lasers - Offical thread

CrazyM0nkey

Those are immense lol, they look durable as hell though. I was tempted to go with a laser ranger for the dimmer switch.
A dimmer switch is for sure nice to have. I was thinking about to add it too. But I didn't want to spend so much for the first laserpointer. You know, sometimes you are excited about something you want to buy, choose the best version you can get and after a short time you don't use it alot.
So I added some gadgets to play around a bit... like lasersaber attachment, star caps and a line lens because that wasn't so expensive.

dreaming

A dimmer switch is for sure nice to have. I was thinking about to add it too. But I didn't want to spend so much for the first laserpointer. You know, sometimes you are excited about something you want to buy, choose the best version you can get and after a short time you don't use it alot.
So I added some gadgets to play around a bit... like lasersaber attachment, star caps and a line lens because that wasn't so expensive.
I started to get a cross lens, but I only get stuff that's less than 500mw, so I decided it probably wouldn't be visible enough to bother. The lasersaber was tempting but I would just never use it, and I ordered star caps from a different store. Did you get the adapter for the lasersaber?

1611892624732.png

I didn't order a tripod but I may go find a compatible one, safer than holding them and waving them around, in general.

CrazyM0nkey

Yes, I ordered the adapter too. I just received an e-mail about the shippment. Seems FedEx tried to delivere it yesterday and I didn't know about that. It really would be better if sanwu sends out shipping notification a little bit earlier.
Now I can't wait till its here :)

CrazyM0nkey

Does sanwu ship batteries seperatly? The LP just arrived but I'm missing the batteries and the 5 star caps...

amars22

Hello all, can someone help me? I have a problem with a laser that I sent back for repair in June 2020.

The last update I got from email was in August when they said my laser was still being shipped back to China and they'd let me know when it was fixed. I have asked for an update twice since then and not gotten a reply.

It was a Ranger, and the whole reason I had to send it back was because it arrived and almost immediately stopped working. I have a huge custom high power flashlight collection and am used to doing my own work, so I unscrewed it (apparently wasn't supposed to do that) and twisted the wires to the driver off. I repaired them and it still didn't work, so I contacted email support and sent it back.

I don't mind if it's still being repaired and I don't mind if I have to pay for repairs, but I would at least appreciate a status update. I also wanted to purchase another laser but am obviously not going to if my laser that didn't work is just lost forever. Lastly, my original order with the Ranger was missing the OD 3 goggles I ordered, and I still have never received those either.

I don't want to cause trouble or anything but I feel like after this long I at least deserve to know what is happening.

Encap

Hello all, can someone help me? I have a problem with a laser that I sent back for repair in June 2020.

The last update I got from email was in August when they said my laser was still being shipped back to China and they'd let me know when it was fixed. I have asked for an update twice since then and not gotten a reply.

I don't mind if it's still being repaired and I don't mind from yoI don't want to cause trouble or anything but I feel like after this long I at least deserve to know what is happening.
eMail Sanwu with tracking proof that they received your return and ask again about your laser.

What do you imagine LPF can do about it?
No, nobody on LPF can help other than Podo from Sanwu who is not on LPF often.
Nobody in LPF has anything to do with what Sanwu does or does not do.

amars22

eMail Sanwu with tracking proof that they received your return and ask again about your laser.

What do you imagine LPF can do about it?
No, nobody on LPF can help other than Podo from Sanwu who is not on LPF often.
Nobody in LPF has anything to do with what Sanwu does or does not do.

The way they had me return it was to send it to a warehouse in the US first, then they shipped it back to China. I only have tracking info for that first shipment, which they already acknowledged back in August. I waited until December before asking again, that was the first time I got no response.

The reason I'm posting here is because I don't really know what else to do if they won't respond to my emails. I knew someone from Sanwu was at least semi-active on here and hoped they might be able to at least tell me what's going on, or maybe somebody else had some insight.

I didn't come to talk smack like that last guy, in fact I'm really happy with my other Sanwu lasers and everything aside from this experience. Just sort of a last ditch effort before I chalk up a $450 laser as a total loss.

Encap

The way they had me return it was to send it to a warehouse in the US first, then they shipped it back to China. I only have tracking info for that first shipment, which they already acknowledged back in August. I waited until December before asking again, that was the first time I got no response.

I didn't come to talk smack like that last guy, in fact I'm really happy with my other Sanwu lasers and everything aside from this experience. Just sort of a last ditch effort before I chalk up a $450 laser as a total loss.
OK they received it.
You should not have to incur a $450 loss--that is beyond crazy and Sanwu it not known for such behavior.
Is an atypical and very unusual situation/circumstance.
Contact them by email again. sanwulasers@gmail.com
Not sure if Sanwu is working now or not as Chinese new year break started on February 12, 2021 and ends on February 22, 2021 with seven days off of work for employees but email them again and maybe text/SMS them that you emailed them again as well at 601-389-7682(Whatsapp & SMS Only)

Last edited:

amars22

OK they received it.
You should not have to incur a $450 loss--that is beyond crazy and Sanwu it not known for such behavior.
Is an atypical and very unusual situation/circumstance.
Contact them by email again. sanwulasers@gmail.com
Not sure if Sanwu is working now or not as Chinese new year break started on February 12, 2021 and ends on February 22, 2021 with seven days off of work for employees but email them again and maybe text/SMS them that you emailed them again as well at 601-389-7682(Whatsapp & SMS Only)

Thanks, I'll try to contact them after the 22nd. Didn't know about the text option either.

Very Excited, I just ordered a 4W 470nm Ranger, Excited to see the dimmer switch, going to do a full review when it lands

Podo hasnt been on the forums in a while it seems though!

amars22

Just wanted to post an update for anyone following along. Francis from Sanwu replied to me right after CNY and we have resolved the issue now. Seems like the package was seized by customs or lost, but they are replacing it for me, so all is well!

amars22

Does anyone know what brands of diodes sanwu uses? Specifically 520nm and 488

From my reading the 488 and 492 are both Sharp "485nm" diodes that have been binned and calibrated. Not sure about the 520, but I've got one on order. :geek:

gazer101

Yeah the sharp 485nm is pretty much the only feasible 465nm<x<505nm laser on the market right now

Lol funny thing is sharp also makes the most affordable 505nm laser diode on the market too... all round a very good company for rarer wavelengths

The Sharp 486nm to 494nm diode's part number is GH04850B2G. We got those back in the day for $23.00 each when you bought several. I used to bin these by wavelength for many people here.