Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

Pman

I'm trying to catch up and see what the new diodes are and I keep seeing a 480 mentioned. Are you saying they are still available but the ones left are not good or something? Is anyone selling them or builds with them? I have barely looked around at posts yet so not sure what is going on.
Yup, I still exist;)
Good luck on your sales stuff:)

Hi P,
Holy crap you are still here what a nice surprise buddy awesome. As for the 480's haven't seen any more of the first ones that came out. DTR has some on his site . I built one in a AL pen I machines with a Nano driver set to 275ma. Bob Mac and cheese bought it along with an505nm in the same type of pen
Rich:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Hi, Pman. It's great to hear from you again. I hope you are doing better. There are two diodes that have come out since last you were active. The "480nm" diodes are measuring closer to 475nm to 478nm, but are not available ATM. We also have some "505nm" diodes in four iterations that have measured between 502nm to 503nm and 508nm to 510nm. These seem to be available from time to time. If you need any information, PM me and I will get back to you.

Hi Bob Mac & Cheese,
Thank you so much glad you like them buddy. Two nice WL's in a small package . Twins so to speak .. Doing some copper pens now in 1 & 2 cells. Working on an upcoming build gathering tooling.

BobMc

Hi Bob Mac & Cheese,
Thank you so much glad you like them buddy. Two nice WL's in a small package . Twins so to speak .. Doing some copper pens now in 1 & 2 cells. Working on an upcoming build gathering tooling.

Heee, never made the connection before BobMc vs Bob Mac&Cheese, that's too funny! :crackup:

That being said, more copper pens? You know I got a soft spot for them and I have been doing pretty good with my M&C diet (spending no money) so I'll just have to keep my eyes on what coming off your work bench! :)

Heee, never made the connection before BobMc vs Bob Mac&Cheese, that's too funny! :crackup:

That being said, more copper pens? You know I got a soft spot for them and I have been doing pretty good with my M&C diet (spending no money) so I'll just have to keep my eyes on what coming off your work bench! :)

"Bob Mac&Cheese"......
rofl.gif

That's gonna stick, too funny.....

LOL, lately I've spent all my "stale bread and water" budget.
I'm doing an "Elijah" now, relying on the Ravens to bring me something and drinking water from a brook.:crackup:
Rich sent me six copper 510 mods that I want to complete.
Just need to decide what type of diodes I want to put in them.
Also a BE adaptor for my MX900 builds.
What beautiful work Rich.
Thank you.
:beer:

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Last edited:

BobMc

"Bob Mac&Cheese"......
rofl.gif

That's gonna stick, too funny.....

LOL, lately I've spent all my "stale bread and water" budget.
I'm doing an "Elijah" now, relying on the Ravens to bring me something and drinking water from a brook.:crackup:
Rich sent me six copper 510 mods that I want to complete.
Just need to decide what type of diodes I want to put in them.
Also a BE adaptor for my MX900 builds.
What beautiful work Rich.
Thank you.
:beer:

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

Thought it was pretty "quick of wit" of Rich, amazing no one thought of it before. But my M&C diet is like your ravens makes for a larger Laser budget! :)

I've got a few of Rich's 510 modules, their a work of beauty. Enjoy your new toys. They look great!

Ps, I favor the 7875, think it should find a home in one. :)

Last edited:
Ps, I favor the 7875, think it should find a home in one. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Bob.
hmm, don't know if I would like another 445nm.
Is there anything special about it?
Is the beam nice and tight?
I'd consider it but don't know too much about it.

shrugging.gif

It's the same as an M140, but at 2.4 amps, puts out 3 watts instead on 2.2 watts. That is the only difference.

BobMc

Thanks for the suggestion Bob.
hmm, don't know if I would like another 445nm.
Is there anything special about it?
Is the beam nice and tight?
I'd consider it but don't know too much about it.

shrugging.gif

I like the beam better than the m140. Seem a little tighter. (to me anyways). I don't have any with me to post some pics. But if your still curious when I get back to the house I can post some comparison pics with the m140 and you can check them both out side by side.

Thanks Paul and Bob.
Sounds interesting, would love some beam shots to compare when you get a chance Bob, Thanks !

When I built Pete's (GSS) M140 I loved the beam, it was nice indeed.

hmmm :)

Hi,
Thanks all you guys for the great comments towards my work, thats awesome. RB enjoy those 510's I'm sure you will figure out what to use in them. As for the 7875/445 they are really efficient diodes and take a licking. And they are still available , paired with a X Drive at 2.4A can't go wrong pal. I just did one in a Solar force build and love it. Enjoy those 510's buddy nice chunks of copper.
@ BM
I just took the Mac and added Cheese pal ran with it . Talk with you soon buddy.

Attachments

• IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 24
  • fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks Paul and Bob.
Sounds interesting, would love some beam shots to compare when you get a chance Bob, Thanks !

When I built Pete's (GSS) M140 I loved the beam, it was nice indeed.

hmmm :)

DTR did a comparison of the beam profile of these two diodes some years ago and he showed they are essentially the same. The only real difference is an extra 800 mW out in the 9 mm diode.

Hi ,
A new build for sale a BDR 209 16X 405nm copper sink and knob 900+ mw's . SL S4 host Shipped 150.00 2-Day priority mail Friends and family please..
Also a Thor 2 build 3W NDB7875 SXD /G2 42 mm copper core aluminum focus adapter with holes to emit beam SOLD .:sold:
And a C11 side button Aluminum sink and knob M140 1900+W set to 1.7A X Drive/G2 140.00 Shipped 2-Day Priority Mail friends and family ..
Thanks for looking.. Rich:)

Hi ,
Price drop on the BDR209 405nm copper to 115.00
and the C11 side button 120.00 both shipped 2-day priority mail

Thanks Rich:)