Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

sad newz to report

My condolences, I'm sorry to hear about the news :(

Let the be a reminder to always hug and tell your friends and family how much they are loved, because you never know when tragic things will happen. I hope you get well.

I hate hearing news like this :(

i really have no idea what to say.. i cant pretend that i know how he feels. because i dont. but i can imagine how shit his psychology might be right now.

Last edited:
wow. this is terrible.

James if you are reading this. I BEG YOU not to feel survivors guilt. DO NOT let it take you. i have seen it happen before. one friend died the other didn't understand why he was alive. it drove him insane and tore him apart. PLEASE understand it is in no way a bad thing you survived. my thoughts go out to you

Last edited:
Hi guys. This has been a hard thread to read through, I'm not nearly healed physically and I dare say never will be emotionally again. It's hard for me to manage to reply much do I've kept most updates toa single location, Facebook.

I do want to thank you all for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers for me and my family. It's truly touching.

Don't worry about posting images here, I understood the risks when I made the post public and started accepting friend requests from current co-workers.

My list of injuries for anyone interested

Broken right humorous bone above the elbow.
Suborbital (?) fracture of the bone under my right eye.
Large cut over my right eye. This went down to the skull and severed nerves. The nerve damage won't heal and most of the top of my head has no sensation.

Matt: I was at university (of Louisville ) hospital in kentucky. It's the only level one trama center in the area and only about a 5 min flight from southern Indiana were the accident occurred.

Ironically I didn't have a seat belt on and she did.

The arm hurts more then anything I've experienced before. They haven't even set a surgery date for yet. :cry:

ped

Thanks for letting us no James.

If you cant get here very often we understand , maybe you could post your facebook address so we can keep upto date? (if your willing)

Regards

ixfd64

The arm hurts more then anything I've experienced before. They haven't even set a surgery date for yet. :cry:

I'm glad to see you're safe; however, I'm extremely sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your family during this difficult time. :(

You know, sometimes I couldn't help but think that so much heartbreak could be prevented if we were technologically advanced enough to reverse death. But I guess that's for another thread.

Last edited:
FYI-- Jimmy ( I see from old FB messgs. that his family calls him that) is about to have a birthday Nov 21 (iirc).

update- he like James .. and Jimmy not so much-- so James it is..
ALSO I had an idea so this post is also a feeler ...

I have asked him if you would be OK with his forum family doing a fundraiser in his behalf by doing a drawing for donated items.

I hope he agrees, as I can't imagine the monetary drain something like this has been on him and his family. And going back to work will prolly not happen soon.

One way that could make this happen would be each donator would agree to send the winners thier prizes (IMO the real prize is being able to help James) to ship the item directly and for each entry ( For example $20 each ) to be sent to a PP acct. that James has or will set up. We could limit the amount to 10 entries per member or let that be an unlimited number. James could give some trusted vet the list after the end date and the prizes would be assigned using random.com. Aside from items prizes could also be store credit or go towards a service ( like custom kit, HSs or builds etc)

The items donated do not neccessarly have to be laser related.

Please do not think that I feel that the forum would be just fine donating help without some kind of prize... so anyone who may want to donate without being in the drawing can help that way too.

Lastly, must say that the posts made by all in this thread have really touched my heart.

Feel free to PM me with any suggestions, questions or comments.

Or just post here- A new thread can be started just for the fundraiser(BTW PP is not agreeable to being used for any ra44les- they consider it to be gambling so plz remember to refrain from using the 'R' word-)-

TY--hak

Last edited:
I think that's a great idea hak.
I would definitely enter the drawing. I.could probably supply a prize as well

You folks are all wonderful people.

I do not ask for help easily, however its getting much harder to turn it down when offered. Im on board if you all really want to do this.

There isn't really anything appropriate to say in such a situation, eh?! I hope you get well soon, and i wish you the strength to cope with it, i'm very sorry for your loss, mate.