Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rural areas compared to city dwellers with lasers

Thats what FS mirrors stand for I was too embarrassed to ask and I was just going to do a search:eek: So are these FS mirrors made for optical use in general I assume. Im thinking the same from both of you that the extra glass might cause issues with a tile mirror. Lifetime if you can look at the O like ones it would be great. For now im just going to go and try to find regular mirrors from a stores scrap or what ever else is out there. Thx all:)

Hi G,
ill check it out tonight to see the diff and price , Gabe might have a good point there.

Rich:)

GSS

Hi lifetime Gabe I saw your other post and thanks for looking into it for me, so I see that o like mirrors are small an expensive to boot. So ill go the other way and im sure ill have some fun and just this early morning I found two 1 ft, square mirror tiles that have candle holders glued to them that I put away a few years ago before I got into this hobby. This gives me another idea where to look as these are the ones you usually see at those dollar stores on the side where they put tacky house furnishing "well in my opinion". These are thick glass so I can probably get an idea on how they reflect (after the cats away) Thx buds:)

Last edited:

Gabe

Yeah, sorry man. I searched, couldn't find the mirrors I was thinking of on o-like. Must've been thinking of somewhere else, maybe fleabay.

GSS

Yeah, sorry man. I searched, couldn't find the mirrors I was thinking of on o-like. Must've been thinking of somewhere else, maybe fleabay.
Hi Gabe, no need to be sorry, you kidding me I tried searching myself couldnt find anything either, plus you and Lifetime have been spoon feeding me info lol! Actually on one of Lifetime,s new build thread he posted that he found some but were expensive and small. I have a few places to look from dollar stores to a wholesale tile and carpet place just down the street "which I just thought of Duh! to me". I cant count how times these cheap dollar places have bailed me out. Il post when I try those candle mirrors I found in my closet. Thx:)

Hi G,
Yup me to those dollar stores you can find some really cool items to use.Like mirrors and tripods , clamps if you look hard enough and other things when you start to think, i like them a lot..

GSS

Hi G,
Yup me to those dollar stores you can find some really cool items to use.Like mirrors and tripods , clamps if you look hard enough and other things when you start to think, i like them a lot..

Lifetime arent they great and with Harbor Freight the 5 min glue and plastic clamps you cant go wrong. I actualy bought a $1 plastic LED flashlight from the dollar store,( the ones they copy of the metal ones from Harbor F.) I took the back clicky switch off one and when you take it out of the round spacer its in it just the the switches in other tail caps with the bar contacts. The clicky works like a pen and when I sanded the teeth on it, it works like a momentary switch that I was able to use it on my toy star trek phaser to power the laser. Its not a high Amp switch but works fine on a fasttech 5mw module, these stores can really get you out of a jam. I just did a very quick reflection test on the 1 ft mirror I mentioned that I found and from an angle you can see a series of dots on the mirror itself after the initial dot of the laser. Im using a lower powered ebay cheapie but thats all ive done for now. Thx guys:):).......Oh and it leaves a dot on the wall with these long thin lines that look like wings but its expected.....Edit the series of dots you see are reflections from the mirrors backing to the glass surface of it and back to the mirror backing and back to the surface etc."am I explaining this right"??

Last edited:
Hi G,
Yes that's normal glad your putting things together i like these cheap priced store they do get you out of a jam at times. As for the backing surface of the mirror try blacking it out with some black paint in a test spot in back of the mirror, them hit it with the beam to see how it reacts.