Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rigel 2 review/pics.

I had a nice writeup done on this dang thing, but my computer froze and lost it. :mad:

Anyway, the secret to this laser is having NEW batteries in it. It's current demands seem very high, it'll barely lase with a set of batteries, but my x50 can still burn stuff with that same pair. It does appear to be fairly unstable like everyone says (mine never goes green though), but that only really comes after the batteries start to go. When the batteries start dying, it'll go TEM01, but when they're fresh, it'll be perfect TEM00.

When this laser's batteries are good, it's about three times brighter than my 635, nearly identical to my 473 (when it's off peak anyway, the 473 peaking is slightly brighter than my Lyra), and a little more than half as bright as my Lyra 5mw. When it's on older batteries, it's nearly the same as my 635, fluctuating a little brighter and a little dimmer.

When it's got good batteries, it has a fairly visible beam when viewed from downrange of the laser looking towards the laser in the dark. When they start going, it's not really visible.

As for the case, it's a typical CNI black and gold with the old style straight clip.

I tried to take some pics, but I couldn't find my tripod so they're less than good me thinks. ;D Keep in mind when viewing the pictures that my camera picks up the various colors wierd, so they're not too accurate for comparison. My camera thinks a 15mw 405nm is brighter than my 68mw 532. :-?

dot-
594h.jpg

dot about 20 ft away-
594g.jpg

dot vs 635-
594b.jpg

dot vs 635 20 ft-
594a.jpg

dot vs 532-
594i.jpg

beamshots aka liquid fire (any apparent TEM01 is camera shake)-
594f.jpg

594e.jpg

594d.jpg

594c.jpg

Those pictures of the yellow are awesome! After seeing those pictures I'm starting to want a yellow, I'll probably get a power meter first though.

I really do like the color, but I just can't justify paying such a high price for such a low output power

daguin

quadcam said:
Anyway, the secret to this laser is having NEW batteries in it.

I love this color(nice pics). My XereX acts the same. With new batteries it is a little champ. As soon as the batteries begin to sag, it gets iffy.

Peace,
dave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
these are some awesome pics.. my next laser will definitely be a yellow.