Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rhd Saik

Status
Not open for further replies.
26650 eh? Prepare for a challenging fit. I wasn't able to screw mine in the first try because it was too long. :)

+2 for the nice heads-up post. He will not be surprized when he gets the battery and the advice about not unscrewing the wrong part is a very good use of a post.

to the OP

Since you are getting both batts and eyeware in same box be sure to put the glasses on BEFORE you fire up that laser--

oops=I didnt need to tell you that did I? :crackup:there are some things that can be sometimes assumed. IMHO.

hak

oops=I didnt need to tell you that did I? :crackup:there are some things that can be sometimes assumed. IMHO.

hak

Actually you are the one assuming Len. You dont know if he is getting both at the same place.

Its irreverent anyway.

Direct quote..

You MUST own laser protection goggles appropriate for this wavelength, and
You MUST be over 20 years of age, and
You MUST be familiar and experienced with the appropriate safety precautions to take with lasers of this power.
You MUST NOT be a resident of Canada / Canadian citizen.

There is no assumption here. These are the terms of the sale.

The buyer is a n00b. He can say anything. For all we know he already has batteries. I'm not saying he does, but the fact is he did not have protection goggles, as stipulated in RHDs own sale rule.

I'm sorry you think this is funny, but I dont thinks its funny at all putting a monster lasers in the hands of a n00b without proper goggles. Thats insane to me. It freaks me out more that this is probably NOT this first time.

Last edited:
I explained every thing to rnd, he showed me a good place to buy the glasses. And the battery's . I have no in intentions of firing this up with out protection. This was explained to the seller. I am 57 years old, just an old fart. I will keep you laser police informed if things change.

It really doesnt matter your age. Anyone can have an accident. Thats why they are called accidents. The problem is that with a >2W laser that accident can cause some sever damage. This is why the WHOLE forum advocates the use of goggles.

Seeing that no one really knows you, we cant take your word for it. This is not saying you would lie, its just we dont know you enough to take your word for it. Its the internet. You could be a 13 year old girl for all we know. That why most of the better builders here require you to have goggles, or they will include goggles in their sale. The power of that laser is no joke.

I completely understand. I do Owen other lasers, and I have been lurking here for years. Truly I am a little scared to fire this up. I have UV glasses at work. But I want to be shure I am safe. I have studded all the laser danger links, and I do know that I have to be safe. You guys are the pros, and I respect that.
I cant comfort your feelings any more then that.

Thanks.

26650 eh? Prepare for a challenging fit. I wasn't able to screw mine in the first try because it was too long. :)

His builds are beautifull.

Picture023.jpg
Your hands look a litttle rough for a 13 yr old girl--J/K-- somebody is having another bad day I guess. I did say the SOMETIMES/ SOME THINGS can be assumed-- but always do take great care to always protect your eyes- on that we all agree.

Your hands look a litttle rough for a 13 yr old girl--J/K-- somebody is having another bad day I guess. I did say the SOMETIMES/ SOME THINGS can be assumed-- but always do take great care to always protect your eyes- on that we all agree.

Len I never said he was a 13y, I was just making a point he could be anyone, thats all.

I'm not having a bad day at all. We have talked for hours on end about the importance of goggles on this forum that it surprises me RHD would break his own rule. I dont think that is right. Whats wrong with me feeling this way? Why are you laughing, and taking this so lightly? I thought you were with us on this point. What changed your mind? Are you Ani-Goggles now? I dont understand your reactions to my point. Its a 2200mW laser, not an 80mW. This is no joke man.

TJ, maybe rhd made the buyer prove he bought glasses? rhd seems to be a very respectful member...

Weird he would go against his own rule :confused:

'we'? 'US' ?.. you dont speak for me- lighten up big boy- its a nice day. go outside and smell the roses. I have never been any less than 100% behind eye protection and you should know that by now..hope this does not mean another neg rep from you- seems like it sure dont take much for you to do that-- ever notice that I dont neg you back??? My only neg reps EVER have come from you...mmm?

just once I would like to have the last word but that will never happen will it?

TJ, maybe rhd made the buyer prove he bought glasses? rhd seems to be a very respectful member...

Weird he would go against his own rule :confused:

I agree RHD is respectful, thats why I cant see why he broke his own rule.

The member can always cancel the order. Thats why its important that the member HAS goggles before he sends the laser out. It takes nothing to hold on to the laser for a week till the member receives his goggles.

What bothers me more is that might not be the only time. Just the one we caught.

hope this does not mean another neg rep from you- seems like it sure dont take much for you to do that-- ever notice that I dont neg you back??? My only neg reps EVER have come from you...mmm?

just once I would like to have the last word but that will never happen will it?

Oh, I get it. Its not about the goggles, its about retribution. You're trying to troll me. :crackup: Isnt it against forum rules to troll? :thinking:

Why didnt you just rep me back instead of trying to cause more drama? Especially on posts about laser safety goggles. Not very cool Len, I thought you were better than this. Guess I was wrong. Who cares about getting the last word? What does that have anything to do with goggles?

Dont YOU have anything better to do? I'm not going to participate in your trolling attempt. So you will get your precious last word in the next BS post you write. I'm sure the rest of the members will appreciate you wasting their time.

Good work Len, you make the forum proud. :beer:

Later

Last edited:

rhd

Lol @ this thread.

Hak - it's not worth even engaging TJ. Put him on your ignore list. There's nothing you'll be missing. I know it takes some guts to self-impose a filter that removes your view of what another member may be saying, particularly if it's a member that may have a history of trolling you, and thus you may be filtering out things that they're saying about you . But it's honestly the only way to deal with TJ. You have to understand that he works by trying to engage you (or whomever he is trolling) by presenting some sort of proposition that he hopes will put you on the defensive.

That's how he works. That's his entire persona summarized in a dozen words. If you ignore him, you'll potentially miss out on reading things he may be saying about you. I recognize that this is a bit uncomfortable and tough to accept, but it also means you'll miss out on getting pulled into his little circular unimportant drama festivals, which is seriously rewarding :)

Don't address him, don't respond to him, ignore him in the forum software if you're gutsy enough to, and then just have faith in the fact that most of the people on this forum are good guys. Most of them are smart rationale human beings, able to properly weight a comment based on who has, made it, and the circumstances surrounding it.

In sum, all you've got to do to deal with TJ, is have the guts NOT TO. Unsubscribe from this thread, knowing full well that he'll say something to keep you going, but just be okay with letting him have the last word.

Merged consecutive posts

How many times are you going to post, LOL? :crackup:

Nice job you trying to detouring this issue to me.

So why again did you sent a 2.2W laser to a n00b without goggles, like you posted you wouldnt as a rule in your sales thread?

LMAO. I make a great scapegoat for this forum.

Every time someone screws up, or says something stupid, blame it on TJ. Its all TJs fault I'm an idiot. Its all TJs fault I didnt live up to my word. Its all TJs I got banned. :crackup:

There will be a time when you guys are going to have to own up to your own mistakes, and not blame other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
keep trolling, you got your point across with the previous post. Im not saying you are wrong or right. BUT no need to act childish and throw out the post which does nothing but make the issue worse. Then add it to your sig just to troll more. Your points would be a lot more valid if you wouldnt troll to annoy the person after making it.

I'm not trolling, LOL. Everyone keeps blaming for all this drama going on around here. I'm getting tired of it. I was not trolling this thread, and you see whats said. How did this become about me, yet again? Its getting old. I'm trying to move past the drama, but people wont.

sorry, but your last post WAS trolling. your sig proved it. your point would have came across a lot better if you didnt nag on after pointing out the fact he didnt follow his own rules. again im not saying you are wrong or right. Just saying you do throw in some un needed punches after stating facts. that overtime has obviously annoyed the crap out of people.

Last edited:

rhd

Sorry all, for the many many duplicate posts. There's something weird about my mobile browser, and I think it auto refreshes open pages, but also resubmits the form data or something. Anyway, enjoy the thread. I really didn't mean to come back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.