Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB laser on ebay for 9 bucks??

jnrpop

Good to see the year 2008 representing Diachi!! although your Rep bar's looking alittle healthier than mine :beer:

I had a similar thought, comparing past feedback (description and dates) with current listings. Either way, eBay/PayPal should keep us protected at least, right?

No doubt, only loss is the time and energy following these threads about 9$ RGB lasers and $7.99 1W 520nm diodes :pop: :D

Reactions: GSS

diachi

Good to see the year 2008 representing Diachi!! although your Rep bar's looking alittle healthier than mine :beer:

There's still a few of us old timers around! :D The rep system did kinda explode in the last year or two though... :p

No doubt, only loss is the time and energy following these threads about 9$ RGB lasers and $7.99 1W 520nm diodes :pop: :D

Exactly! :D

Well there already 2 people that didn't get there powerbanks that look very nice for $6

I've emailed him twice in three days, nil. Scam.... oh well..

I eBay Messaged him yesterday asking who
extracted the 520nm Diodes and I got a strange
reply this morning...

" Have instructions "

Asked him the question more clearly.. I'll see if
he understood this time.

BTW... 83% rating is not bad if you take into
consideration the total number of feedbacks
and the fact that he has only 1 Negative
feedback. (as of today).

Jerry

Last edited:
martinlutherkingjr1.jpg

HopeSpringsEternal.jpg

Last edited:
He said a lot of fancy things, I guess it just means it's ok to be constantly disappointed, but to have hope for the future anyway.

Encap

What is the definition of infinite hope? I have no idea what that means.

Forget the hope part and what that means---what about infinite or infinity--what is it/what does that mean?

Seems to be just an article of faith embedded deeply within physics. The force of gravity, which extends to infinity is an example of it. Is the force of gravity verified experimentally all the way "to infinity" or is it an article of faith?

Nobody ever probed infinity, obviously it can only be an article of faith.

:can:

Last edited:
I'm fully aware of the use of antithesis, as we used them in ethics class years ago. I still don't see infinity and hope as being antithetical. The phrase doesn't make sense to me as there never can be an infinity of hope, or faith, or any other description of human endeavors of the conscious mind. It is, I would guess, a way to try to make one's point seem more valid, but on inspection it lacks any real force because it is meaningless.

Last edited:

Encap

It will make more sense when you understand the literary device that was utilized. Have a peek:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antithesis

Yes the entire phrase/quote " We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."~Martin Luther King, Jr. is use of antithesis as a literary device,

"infinite hope" as a stand alone--just the two words -- is what??

I'm fully aware of the use of antithesis, as we used them in ethics class years ago. I still don't see infinity and hope as being antithetical. The phrase doesn't make sense to me as there never can be an infinity of hope, or faith, or any other description of human endeavors of the conscious mind. It is, I would guess, a way to try to make one's point seem more valid, but on inspection it lacks any real force because it is meaningless.

I agree to an extent-- but...

Infinte hope does have meaning.

Infinite Hope: Small Rescue, Big Impact
Infinite Hope is an all-volunteer cat rescue organization based in Brooklyn, NY that works with hundreds of cats every year.

See: Infinite Hope :crackup:

Last edited:
I agree to an extent-- but...

Infinte hope does have meaning.

Infinite Hope: Small Rescue, Big Impact
Infinite Hope is an all-volunteer cat rescue organization based in Brooklyn, NY that works with hundreds of cats every year.

See: Infinite Hope :crackup:

I stand corrected.