Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Re: Reke 500RGB

I got my Reke-500 RGB today. The power is just right for me and allignment looks good. I ran it tonight in my back yard against a large hedge wall. The annimation mode is limited and with audio input mode, the patterns are somewhat hokey..
Long ago, I got a circuit from DrLava for ILDA I think. How do I send audio to the ILDA connector? Is this projo TTL even in ILDA?
I'm wayyyy behind in this part of the hobby.
HMike

ARG

Long ago, I got a circuit from DrLava for ILDA I think. How do I send audio to the ILDA connector? Is this projo TTL even in ILDA?e

I think what you got was the correction Amp, you're still going to need a sound card then.

I got my Reke-500 RGB today. The power is just right for me and allignment looks good. I ran it tonight in my back yard against a large hedge wall. The annimation mode is limited and with audio input mode, the patterns are somewhat hokey..
Long ago, I got a circuit from DrLava for ILDA I think. How do I send audio to the ILDA connector? Is this projo TTL even in ILDA?
I'm wayyyy behind in this part of the hobby.
HMike

I like the patterns in sound mode.... The projector works fine with Dr lavas dac.

Works with any ilda device. I'm probably going to get qs3...

EDIT: Yes you need a sound card to connect to the AMP.. Yes the projector is TTL no matter what... You need at the very least new laser drivers that support TTL... I think the Flexmod drivers are only $35 a piece and support TTL modulation but I don't know what will happen if you try to drive those cheap lasers with a TTL driver.. It will probably work but you will likely not get the colors you expect at least some of the time.. and you could possibly kill them...

Last edited:

Guy ---
I notice that when I turn the size to a point, I see RED not fully alligned with the BLUE & Green. Is this normal and should I attempt to correct it with the dicro adjustments?

HMike

ARG

How long did it take for everyone to get theirs from the time it shipped? My tracking info hasn't updated in a week.

Guy ---
I notice that when I turn the size to a point, I see RED not fully alligned with the BLUE & Green. Is this normal and should I attempt to correct it with the dicro adjustments?

HMike

In my case, the BLUE is not completely aligned with the red & green. :/

How long did it take for everyone to get theirs from the time it shipped? My tracking info hasn't updated in a week.

Uh-oh, I just ordered one, wish me luck. How did you guys get yours shipped, and how long did it take to arrive?

ARG

Uh-oh, I just ordered one, wish me luck. How did you guys get yours shipped, and how long did it take to arrive?

Good luck! :D There should be no problems since it is tracked, but I hate waiting for slow shipping.

Good luck! :D There should be no problems since it is tracked, but I hate waiting for slow shipping.

I went with the UPS shipping, so I am not too worried about that. Now I am worried about DD shipping it though. :yabbem:

I got mine in about 10 working days no problems. Also the RED drift corrects a little after warm-up but is still there.

NOW a big question---- Long ago I was going to get into ILDA ... These are the boards I have.

6039-ilda1.jpg

Will they work?? Can I direct drive with audio? I'm WAYYYYY behind on this.

HMike

I also added direct audio input to mine via a stereo socket and 2x .022 mfd caps into the audio line. The sens control works well using line input from my CD player.

Last edited:

ARG

I went with the UPS shipping, so I am not too worried about that. Now I am worried about DD shipping it though. :yabbem:

They ship via EMS, no matter what you select. I got EMS, and I selected DHL

ARG

I got mine in about 10 working days no problems. Also the RED drift corrects a little after warm-up but is still there.

NOW a big question---- Long ago I was going to get into ILDA ... These are the boards I have.

Will they work?? Can I direct drive with audio? I'm WAYYYYY behind on this.

HMike

I also added direct audio input to mine via a stereo socket and 2x .022 mfd caps into the audio line. The sens control works well using line input from my CD player.

Connect the audio card to the correction amp, and tune it to 5V as per the DAC tutorial.

Last edited:

I get a decently tight white on mine however there is still a little divergence of the colors always... Adjusting the dichros would probably be a nightmare... On mine it's not that bad and not noticeable at a distance.

EDIT: Also I got mine within a week but mine shipped actual DHL... Also I have a soundcard DAC I am looking to get rid of if anyone is interested I switched to Quickshow.

Last edited:

Long ago I printed that DAC tutorial but I can't find it now. Is the link here on LPF? If so, I'll look for it in the history!!! I think the audio card is on the left and the correction amp is DrLava's card on the right. The card on the left has a USB input and I have an OLD Spaghetti program on a laptop.............
Can I drive this with line stereo audio?
Thanks ---- HMike

Last edited:

Long ago I printed that DAC tutorial but I can't find it now. Is the link here on LPF? If so, I'll look for it in the history!!! I think the audio card is on the left and the correction amp is DrLava's card on the right. The card on the left has a USB input and I have an OLD Spaghetti program on a laptop.............
Can I drive this with line stereo audio?
Thanks ---- HMike

It's Here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/sound-card-dac-tutorial-40569.html

Yes the amp is on the right in that pic... The thing with the pots on it... You will need to make a cable to connect to the DB 25 of the projector to the amp.

The card on the left is just a USB sound card.. You just plug that in and it should work fine... You should be able to upgrade to the latest spaghetti and it should work fine with what you have... Though sound card DACs can be finnicky and hard to get working.

Guy --
Thanks for the refresher on this. I have a lot of reading to do now and find those damn connectors!!!

HMike