Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Re: Reke 500RGB

After redeeming their $25 off $200+ coupon and shipping it came to just under 289USD shipped.

Wow. That looks pretty damned good for a $250 PJ. Obviously not as many colors since it doesn't use analog modulation but wow. I think I'll probably pull the trigger on one soon.

Thanks for linking the video!

They pretty much all have a similar beam show.. that's just how laser projectors are even the cheapie ones have a decent beam show... Look at my review of the CTL-CM for examples.

Anyway good to hear you bought one too their a lot of fun.

Dino should be paying me commission on these bloody things :p

If you don't already go pick up a fog machine, you will NEED it.

700 Watts is a good power for a fogger and you can pick one up at Spencer's for about $50 if your in North America.

Last edited:

I think I finally found the right aperture and shutter speed for good laser videos... I just put up a show I ran with DMX in the OP. It was running under full manual control and looks super cool.. Video turned out very well even without fog... Check it out lemme know what you think.

Notice how it doesn't look like washed out flickery garbage... Heh.. That's kinda how it looks in real life only brighter and way more awesome sauce.

I'm pretty sure the green is under spec... I did the black tape over the lens test and the green didn't touch it even after several minutes... The red and blue had no problems going through it in seconds. I'm sure the other colors are under spec too but their super bright and definitely hot.

For those interested I added a teardown section to the OP with pictures of the inside of the unit. If you were curious what it looks like on the inside check out the first page again.

ARG

Wow, i'm surprised the beams stand out that much with only 500mW. Amazing projector for the price.

Wow, i'm surprised the beams stand out that much with only 500mW. Amazing projector for the price.

You really only get beams with fog and even my "150" mw projector had pretty good beams in fog...

This one is incredibly bright inside maybe even a bit too bright in some cases :p defiantly a great buy and I'm still floored by how cool it looks and the colors... I honestly went in to this expecting a piece of crap and I'm seriously shocked at how well it preforms at this price point. It makes my RGY projector look like a toy and it was only about a hundred bucks more. Obviously it's not perfect but it's a steal.

I noticed your selling an audiolase I just ordered one from Adam today, does it work decently? The scanners on this thing are probably too slow to really use it to it's full potential anyway but I've always wanted to play with laser graphics.

ARG

You really only get beams with fog and even my "150" mw projector had pretty good beams in fog...

This one is incredibly bright inside maybe even a bit too bright in some cases :p defiantly a great buy and I'm still floored by how cool it looks and the colors... I honestly went in to this expecting a piece of crap and I'm seriously shocked at how well it preforms at this price point. It makes my RGY projector look like a toy and it was only about a hundred bucks more. Obviously it's not perfect but it's a steal.

I noticed your selling an audiolase I just ordered one from Adam today, does it work decently? The scanners on this thing are probably too slow to really use it to it's full potential anyway but I've always wanted to play with laser graphics.

Yeah, the Audiolase works very well with spaghetti. Just got to make sure you install the right drivers.

Yeah, the Audiolase works very well with spaghetti. Just got to make sure you install the right drivers.

Drivers for the soundcard? or something else?

I want to grab spaghetti... I need another job -.-

Thanks for the pics of the internals. My order is still at the "order paid" step. I hope it ships soon.

Mine is still in the "order paid" step too. They will send you an e-mail with a picture of the box and then a shipped e-mail and then a tracking number a few days later.

Your looking at minimum 3 business days (China time) prep time before they ship. They told me they are popular and backed up on shipping them.

If you don't get an e-mail from them in the next day or two open a customer service ticket but you will probably hear from them soon.

heh not surprised that they're popular at that price. I have a feeling that I'm going to be waiting awhile. I just checked my email and got one from them (the Chinglish makes my head hurt) saying:

"We do appreciate your patience on order processing.*We will make your order priority once it is filled.*Otherwise,*we rewarded 50*DinoPoints"

I checked my account and they credited me the points so not looking good.

I also see you've ordered a DAC too. I'll be interested to see how it works for you since I know jack squat about them. Time to spend some time in the laser shows forum.

heh not surprised that they're popular at that price. I have a feeling that I'm going to be waiting awhile. I just checked my email and got one from them (the Chinglish makes my head hurt) saying:

"We do appreciate your patience on order processing.*We will make your order priority once it is filled.*Otherwise,*we rewarded 50*DinoPoints"

I checked my account and they credited me the points so not looking good.

I also see you've ordered a DAC too. I'll be interested to see how it works for you since I know jack squat about them. Time to spend some time in the laser shows forum.

I got the same spiel from them too however I think there were like 3 or 4 other people who ordered this unit at the same time when I put this post up so I'm sure that didn't help their stock situation. Like I said might be a few more days but I'm sure it will ship soon.

I don't think they know the meaning of otherwise. If you ordered Friday it was likely Saturday in china already so it's only been a few business days so far.

I'll be writing a full review of the audiolase once I get it.. I have a pretty good idea of how it actually works and I know that this (reke) unit won't do amazing with graphics but I will give y'all a detailed writeup once I get it probably talk about some software as well and kinda of make a beginners guide to ILDA based on my experience.

Last edited:

Doh! Here I was all worried and I got the tracking info this morning. It says I chose EMS shipping but I'm 99% sure I selected DHL. Oh well it says it should be here within 3-7 days.

Heh told you :)
EMS will probably take longer than DHL but it should be quick anyway.
When I bought mine EMS was like $30 more than DHL so I don't understand that or why they would ship yours EMS but whatever... As long as you get it :p

Heh told you :)
EMS will probably take longer than DHL but it should be quick anyway.
When I bought mine EMS was like $30 more than DHL so I don't understand that or why they would ship yours EMS but whatever... As long as you get it :p

Funny that I elected to have it ship via DHL but mine was shipped via EMS anyway. I did receive the tracking info. and package photograph yesterday, so I honestly don't know how long it will be until I receive mine on the US west coast.