Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of the Wicked Lasers Arctic G2

Merged two consecutive posts

BTTT: Added two more low power stability charts (which also serve as battery discharge analyses).

BTTT: Added two more new low-power stability charts (that also serve as battery discharge analyses).

Last edited by a moderator:

Those are from a LASERPOD that was operating in the room when those photographs were taken.
Guess I should go ahead and add that to my evaluation as well. :D
I was one of the first ones that owned a laserpod in the benelux years ago, when i recieved it i dismantled it and find a another use for it,.
Thanks for sharing this review ledmeuseum i believe this is one of the longest reviews on the forum so my guess is that for someone posting such a long review it takes allot of investigation, research and testing before posting this on the LPF forum. :tired:

Merged three consecutive posts

BTTT: Added two more spectrographic analyses.

BTTT: Added one more spectrographic analysis.

NairB

Excellent review LED.

Not only is it comprehensive and eductional, you also have a fun approach and style to your reviews which in my opinion is a joy to read.

I just received my Arctic also and so far no problems.

Merged three consecutive posts

DJNY

I count 24 updates on your review.

Man this is a record :D

Edit: I want to add that you can be happy that your wrote such a great review. Otherwise people would hate you for bumping it again and again :whistle:

Last edited:
Merged SEVEN consecutive posts

BTTT: Added an output power stability analysis at maximum power and two more photographs.

BTTT: Added one more full-power stability analysis.

BTTT: Added two more output power stability analyses at max. power.

For tomorrow's update, the evaluation will become a lot smaller (and as a consequence, more dial-up friendly).

This is because I'll have moved all of the stability analyses to their own web page, and all nonlaser spectrographic analyses to their own web page too.

BTTT: Performed an output power stability analysis at maximum power and moved some things.

BTTT: Performed multiple spectrographic analyses of the laser diode at a different angle of irradiance.

Merged two consecutive posts

It seems that the Arctic IS YOUR JOB!!

Funny you should say that...analysing the Arctic from stem to stern (and performing spectrographic, beam cross-sectional, and stability analyses of it) does feel like it's been at least a part-time job as of late!!!
smiley36.gif

But it's a ***FUN*** part-time job, not one that feels like a chore. :D

BTTT: Performed spectroscopy of three objects when irradiated with this laser and added its operational temperature range.

Me thinks you are sucking up to WL for free lasers. None of your other reviews are anyway nearly as long as this one. What makes this one so special?

Me thinks you are sucking up to WL for free lasers. None of your other reviews are anyway nearly as long as this one. What makes this one so special?

I would have to agree.
More is not always better. Nothing wrong with a 2 or 3 page laser review, but to post eveytime you point and take data at a different object borders on obnoxious. When will it end, after every object on earth has had the arctic pointed at it and data taken?

I really like your reviews, but why can't this one be like the rest where you post the review and then occasional updates when things change with device, like power drops, becomes unstable or dies. I like having a specral plot of the device, but it's not needed to post every plot of how the beam interacts with every item you can find to point it at.

Merged NINE consecutive posts

I would have to agree.
More is not always better. Nothing wrong with a 2 or 3 page laser review, but to post eveytime you point and take data at a different object borders on obnoxious. When will it end, after every object on earth has had the arctic pointed at it and data taken?

I really like your reviews, but why can't this one be like the rest where you post the review and then occasional updates when things change with device, like power drops, becomes unstable or dies. I like having a specral plot of the device, but it's not needed to post every plot of how the beam interacts with every item you can find to point it at.

You know, that's the primary reason why I moved all of the nonlaser spectra to their own web pages (and to their own thread on this BBS) -- only spectra of the actual laser diode should be in this thread now. Same goes with the power output stability analyses/battery discharge analyses (Steve at WL asked me specifically for those charts!) -- they too have their own web page on my website and their own thread on this BBS.

On the subject of long reviews, I believe the one I made for the Sonar (405nm Blu-ray laser) trumps this one in the size department.

I sincerely hope my explanation makes at least a modicum of sense here. :)

BTTT: Added three photographs (one of the actual beam, and two of the beam terminus).

BTTT: Added four photographs showing the beam terminus rotating.

BTTT: Added an expert analysis on why the beam terminus is rotating.

BTTT: Added three spectrographic analyses from a person I loaned the Arctic to.

BTTT: Added one more spectrographic analysis from the person I loaned the Arctic to.

BTTT: Added a photo montage of the beam terminus from the person I loaned the Arctic to.

12-04-10: Added two beam photographs plus an update re: the "standard" "lens".

12-05-10: Added a photograph of the furnished instructional & safety materials.

BTTT: Removed the "unboxing" video because I was receiving an excessive amount of negative commentary about it -- like how I was such a careless ass and even worse.
shake.gif
Also derated the product a bit because it is missing a couple of safety features required for a CDRH Class IV laser in the United States.

(Yes, I believe this to be a warranted "bump")

Tonga

LED I really like your work very, very thorough and your humor, great job! It was your review this one that led me to purchase the Arctic and no regrets in fact I am very happy to have it. Thanks for your reviews and the one on the WL laser shades. I think the pairs that I just got are the newest and are safe to use, the only thing that shows up through them is a faint yellow dot off of a white wall.
By the way I have be following your work for several years thanks for being there for reference and help!

Tonga

You know, I just order 2 more of these babies!! I can't wait to get them. Thanks again man, well done!!