Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*****review of the 1800mw survival laser*****

DrSid

Hey .. you could also burn your eye out with it .. so it's not so bad .. pity you don't have LPM.

Last edited:

tee

Maybe if swartzy had spent more time looking around the forum and doing some reading instead of calling people idiots he would have made a better decision.
I guess one of you seasoned guys should have taken his money first.

I guess one of you seasoned guys should have taken his money first.

Haha.

People on these forums usually talk very high praise of Survival Laser, which is why I'm sure he went for it. That price is just stupid dumb though.

tee

Haha.

People on these forums usually talk very high praise of Survival Laser, which is why I'm sure he went for it. That price is just stupid dumb though.
yep....poor guy comes here looking for a laser, gets flamed, lashes out, then goes and overpays for a laser when no one will help him out. comes here again to review, gets flamed for overpaying for a laser. the internet is a harsh mistress....:eg:

yep....poor guy comes here looking for a laser, gets flamed, lashes out, then goes and overpays for a laser when no one will help him out. comes here again to review, gets flamed for overpaying for a laser. the internet is a harsh mistress....:eg:

Woah there buddy. He got flamed because when people told him he needed safety glasses he proceeded to call everyone "idiots with no lives". So yea I don't really feel bad that he got raped on the price of his laser.

D

Deleted member 22482

And when a person goes for Laserglow which is 10x SL he gets praised.:wave:

sometimes it is better to overpay by 50-100% and get things like working batteries, safety gear, and a device that actually works, than to step out into the deep blindly. $560 is a lot of money, but I've seen much worse prices and lower quality goods. 1.8mW isn't bad. I recently bought a host with a broken button that took weeks to arrive.

tee

Woah there buddy. He got flamed because when people told him he needed safety glasses he proceeded to call everyone "idiots with no lives". So yea I don't really feel bad that he got raped on the price of his laser.
yes, he was "informed" he needed safety glasses, on the assumption he was a total noob with lasers. I'm not saying the point should not have been raised, but you guys poked him into replying the way he did. I don't care how you feel, I'm just raising the point that anyone that doesn't have a couple hundred posts is automatically called a "noob" and gets the third degree about safety, which obviously made him defensive right away. point is, he didn't need any posts to buy a dangerously powerful laser from a vendor. the guy obviously has the money to buy what he wants whether anyone from here feels he is capable of handling such a device. maybe it's not right, but many things in this world aren't. I am simply stating that if people of this forum want to get the message of safety in handling these things across, that there are better ways of going about it rather than piling on.

Did you read the thread i linked. Nobody called him a noob, nobody talked down to him. People made him aware of the risks of owning a 1W+ laser and he immediately talked shit. Either way I don't really care.

tee

Did you read the thread i linked. Nobody called him a noob, nobody talked down to him. People made him aware of the risks of owning a 1W+ laser and he immediately talked shit. Either way I don't really care.
yeah, I read the thread. and you are right, no one really started in on him until he posted the idiot comment, but I think he took Infinitius' "any idiot can buy one" comment as directed at him, even though there was a disclaimer so to speak. you are the one that posted the link to the thread, trying to incite some sort of "let's get this guy" because of what he posted there. so he made a mistake and got burned, you can tell he's into this stuff and trying hard to be a contributing member here. cut him some slack is all I'm saying. everyone's gotta start somewhere....peace man. ;)

You must be a mind reader. "Lets get this guy" is exactly what I was thinking. W/E like I said I don't want to get into it. I know what my intent was.

tee

You must be a mind reader. "Lets get this guy" is exactly what I was thinking. W/E like I said I don't want to get into it. I know what my intent was.
please point out where I stated that's what you were thinking, it was my opinion as an observer. you are getting into it, by responding with jibberish like that.

what was your intent then? I would hate to try and read your mind....

you are the one that posted the link to the thread, trying to incite some sort of "let's get this guy"

:: points ::

EDIT- Withdrawing from thread. Better things to do

Last edited:
Everyone! I am very sorry to whom I said unworthy words to. I am personally a laser fan, but they are also not my life. And yes, I have an extreme amount of skill and knowledge of laser pointers. I have many safety glasses for my laser which are for the right Nanometer of my lasers. Such as 545nm, 808nm and so on... So yeah, I am sorry to blazing out, it's just because you guys thought that I was inexperienced.

Garoq

Everyone! I am very sorry to whom I said unworthy words to. I am personally a laser fan, but they are also not my life. And yes, I have an extreme amount of skill and knowledge of laser pointers. I have many safety glasses for my laser which are for the right Nanometer of my lasers. Such as 545nm, 808nm and so on... So yeah, I am sorry to blazing out, it's just because you guys thought that I was inexperienced.

Back to the subject, it looks like you need to update your laser list. ;)