Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX) + New Pics

Re: Review of Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX)

I am very confussed as to either get this Laser you reviewed, or this other Rayfoss 200mw green (posted below)

Rayfoss

I prefer the design of the one I just posted the link to, but whatever Laser provides more juice and burn-power I will go with. I will be ordering today once I get some opinions on this.

Thanks Guys!

Paul

Your one & the o-like one look pretty much identical apart from the o-like one says Ancient Laser V6 on the shaft & it looks longer with the extension! The stickers are the same too. If they are both 175/180-200, how much different can they be?

Dusty

I am very confussed as to either get this Laser you reviewed, or this other Rayfoss 200mw green (posted below)

Rayfoss

I prefer the design of the one I just posted the link to, but whatever Laser provides more juice and burn-power I will go with. I will be ordering today once I get some opinions on this.

Thanks Guys!

Paul

Im pretty sure that the power of the my one and the one in the link you posted will be almost identical, there may be a couple of mW difference, but nothing you would notice without an LPM. As both lasers take the 18650 battery there would be no difference there either. just go with the one you like the look of most...:yh:

^^^ I think I'm just gonna order the one you purchased as the reviews have been positive. I'm just awaiting some answers from Ray about a second shipping method and my order is in. .

Another is the fact that the Laser you have has a bigger head on it, which simply by my own thinking and (maybe dumb) logic has a bigger lens on it for focusing the beam for better heat for burning. Not sure, but bigger head equals bigger better lens in my head :) Then again I'm new to Lasers, so my Logic just maybe full of sh*t! haha

I also have this itch to wait for my next check and get that 250mw with IR filter for $295, but then again for my first Laser I think that Laser may be a tad to much for me at this moment.

Concerning the Rayfoss Laser I posted and the one you bought, I'm wondering if there made by different company's??? As he does have 4 different 200mw Lasers being sold on his site, this is what concerns me about ordering the one I posted about in my last post. I cannot find a review on it any-where, it's obviously better to go with the one that has been through the grinder already, with 3 separate reviews here on the forums, all positive BTW.

@WaterFace: I checked out the Laser you purchased from O-Like and the Laser I posted about from Rayfoss , and they are totally different, not even close in design. Yes, they both may have the same tube shape, but the artistic style of both Lasers cannot be more different. BTW I am really looking forward to a review from you once you receive your Laser, I'm sure it will be great :)

Paul

Last edited:
EatherMagic, i meant the long one from Rayfoss looks similar but is just longer than the one i ordered & doesn't have that writing on it or the 3 indented horizontal stripes!

Them are some AWESOME new Pic's man! I just can't get over how sweet the beam looks! It looks Photoshoped, which I know they are not, simply amazing!

You got me really looking forward to getting this Laser! :)

Thanks Much!

@Waterface: I understand. I was comparing the Laser you mentioned with the Laser I mentioned. Both have the same Tube shape without the big-head at the end. They are made by different company's, thats it.

Paul

Last edited:
mm, i'm hoping mine will look like this too, similar power so i assume so! :undecided:

When I owned the RAYFOSS version of this laser, one of the 'PROS' that I liked about it was the fact that there were two different battery set-up options. If you were at home, you could use the extra included battery tube section. If you were going to travel somewhere, & extra power wasn't a necessity, you could leave the extra battery tube section at home, change the battery format & have a smaller, easier to pocket or store, laser at your convenience. ------------- rob PS, The laser I'm referring to is the RAYFOSS PART # RF 532-200mW-FLX

Last edited:
Phoenix! Yes i like that option to either have the big battery or small one, but i hear that the big battery has more power!! Does this mean that on a full charge, the big battery will give the laser more output power, the same as the one i ordered? The one i ordered from O-like has the same option, but with 2 lithium rechargeable batteries, whereas the Rayfoss has either the 18650 battery or a normal, is it an AA battery or AAA?

Could both lasers be made by the same people as they hold the same stickers & look very much alike! O-like & Rayfoss could buy from the same distributor!

How did this laser work for you Phoenix?

wf

I was real happy with my model of that laser. Mine was a RAYFOSS & I bought it when it 1st came out. At that time the battery options were; two PRIMARY AA's or one re-chargeable 14500 3.7 Volt Li-Ion battery. Seems kinda strange, but I got more power using only the single Li-Ion battery. The extra 0.7 Volt DID make a difference. Shortly after I bought mine though, they changed the battery options to what they are today. In my answer above, when I refer to having 'MORE POWER', I should have specified that you got 'MORE POWER' with the single Li-Ion battery. Now, with the different battery configuration, you'll get 'MORE POWER' with the 18650 battery. rob

& i'll get ok batteries sent, i was wondering if the default ones i get are good enough or any better ones i can buy?

I seem to be posting in this thread about my purchase again lol.

I just wanted to know about my divergence & also the mode hopping i heard of when the laser is cold, but i think i put about that i my 'oops' thread!

Dusty

& i'll get ok batteries sent, i was wondering if the default ones i get are good enough or any better ones i can buy?

I seem to be posting in this thread about my purchase again lol.

I just wanted to know about my divergence & also the mode hopping i heard of when the laser is cold, but i think i put about that i my 'oops' thread!

If your going to use the 18650 battery then the rechargable they supply will be fine. I use the one they sent me with my laser from rayfoss and it is fine. I cannot speak for the other type of batteries as i have no experiance using them.

As for the mode hopping, i cannot really give you any advise on that as i have not experianced that happening with the rayfoss laser. It does not like the extreme cold(below 5 degrees celcius) very much, but i find if i keep it in my pocket and only pull it out to fire it up then there is no problem. The only thing with it is, if you try to use it when it is really cold the output is not at its max.

Have you managed to test your laser at all yet? If so what do you think?

Hi
I'm waiting for batteries etc still!! I've done a lot of reading on here & am 50/50 convinced!!
I'm reading that its a descent laser, then its bad & yet who am i to say as its my 1st & i haven't got anything to compare it too!!
I would like to test the output when i get it too, to see if what i was told was accurate!!

I've done a lot of reading about divergence & i was really freaked that at 2mrad, the dot will be around 2.1cm at 10 meters!! That seems massive, i mean i was hoping for a long thin narrow beam that goes for miles not is noticeably different over a few feet!!

My old 1mW red Plus laser pointer that i had since about 1993 has the same visible dot over however distance!
Or, does the fact that mine is focusable mean that divergence isn't an issue? I can have it wide or narrow!?

Dusty

I dont think the divergance will be a problem over short distances, the divergance isnt great on mine, but the beam still looks awsome IMO, and still managed to get some good pics (added new ones to this thread at the beginning). TBH a dot of 2cm wouldnt look that much different to the dot close up because of the 'splash' of light around it, which would make it look slightly bigger than it really is, if you see what i mean...:yh:

With my laser it is focusable, but this does not mean that you can make the dot smaller, only larger if you see. When the dot is large(e.g massive dot across the room) the focus point will be a few cms in front of the laser, so it will burn best there.

for the most part i think you will be happy with the laser and you wont be disapointed with the beam im sure, but if you did want to shine it further occasionally, try shining it through some binoculars...I have done this with mine and i can shine it on pretty much anything i can see from my house, even the next village which is over a mile. the lenses in the binoculars will improve the divergance. At least this worked for me...:D

had to use another set of binoculars to see the dot on the object, but it made a heck of a difference in improving divergance! This way you can have the best of both, great burning close up, and able to shine it miles occasionaly with binoculars...:beer:

the way this laser focuses is difficult to explain, so here is a little pic...(i appoligise for the poor quality, it is just to illustrate)...
laserdivergance.gif

Last edited:
I do have one question, did you ask to have the LED option or did it just come with one automatically?

Dusty

I didnt specify anything about the LED when I ordered but it did come one, although the LED doesnt acctually work, lol...:D