Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of custom Hosts, by Ehgemus

I'm now a proud owner of 2 custom, machined aluminum hosts. These were made by laserpointerforums member Ehgemus.

He made both of these fine hosts together. to insure a more exact match.
One is his host for O-Like green modules.

Host for greens
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/custom-host-o-like-module-41761.html

I wanted this host to be used with my new, 200mW O-Like green module. Should be here any day now.
Since the 200mW module is a little more power hungry, then most of the other O-Like modules. I asked Ehgemus if he could make the host for a 18650 cell. No problem was his answer, Sweet!

The second, Is his host for Aixiz Module.

Host for Aixiz
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/custom-rpl-stile-host-aixiz-module-cr123-battery-43088.html

This one was sent to Mohrenberg for a GGW build
This was also made slightly different then his standard offering.
It was machined to make use of 2 cr123 cells.

These machined aluminum hosts. Are designed for very simple assembly.
You just slide the 532nm or aixiz module in place, and secure it with a small set screw. Your done, Thats it.

These custom hosts from Ehgemus are very nice.
Their single piece designs. Where only the battery cap on the bottom unscrews. The threading for the tail cap has been machined with care. No scraping or dragging, with mismatched threads.
The seem is almost invisible when screwed together. The host uses a rear tail clicky recessed in the tail cap.

The front of the host is very thick. This allows for great heat sinking abilities for both the Aixiz and 532nm module.
The Axiz module has a nice snug fit. I might apply some dielectric grease down the road, but see no real need for it now. Maybe if i upgrade to a 8x diode.:D

Both of these host were only $35 each, that price includes shipping

Ehgemus was a pleasure to do business with. Service was fast, about a week from time of order to time of delivery. Very Nice!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 599
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 706
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 272
  • kjhgfghj.jpg
    kjhgfghj.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,392
Last edited:

does the green host have a set screw also??

if measurements were done just right could jsut keep that design and eliminate the set screw, the tention from the tailcap spring and batteries would keep the module in place (atleast while the batteries were in)

i wonder how the GGW host would look with a lip on the end to make the lens nut recessed, i'm not sure if ehgemus has made one like that yet..

if measurements were done just right could jsut keep that design and eliminate the set screw, the tention from the tailcap spring and batteries would keep the module in place (atleast while the batteries were in)

i wonder how the GGW host would look with a lip on the end to make the lens nut recessed, i'm not sure if ehgemus has made one like that yet..

Yes, the host for green does have a set screw. You might be able to get by not using it for the 200mW module. O-Like 532nm modules do very in length depending on mW output. So if I some day I decided to use a 100mW module the set screw would be needed.

I think ehgemus has made a host with a recessed lens nut
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/ehgemus/albums/custom-host/519-custom-host/

yes that would work but If you forget about it you may drop your module out of the host and screw it up. I would be the first to do it. LOL

I have made a few host like that here is one of my phr host.
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/ehgemus/albums/custom-host/1142-phr-2-cr123-batts.jpg

Great hosts there! Aluminum is the second whitest metal and no. one (silver) tarnishes quickly. I do like the looks! :drool: -Glenn