Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: KD 150mW Baton Style Green Laser

knimrod said:
[quote author=Petrovski link=1210024232/15#23 date=1210706858][quote author=knimrod link=1210024232/0#0 date=1210024231]KD 150mW Baton Style Green Laser

My personal opinion is that the presence of an integral IR "filter" is much ado about not much at all.  This laser probably does not have an IR filter but its design may be sufficient to keep the IR leakage to a negligible amount without a filter.  

Regardless, my usual method for evaluating IR leakage using exposed camera film as a long pass filter didn't work out too well.. The laser burns through the film in seconds.

Ok. I was just curious because I like the laser and its price, but I'm reluctant to buy a powerful laser that possible has IR leakage. You suspect it's a negligible amount, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid. Is there a way to properly measure IR light? Or are using a sony handycam with "nightshot" or exposed camera film the only ways without lab equipment?

the dx 200 baton will be in in about 2 more days then be shipped out in about 5 days ..... so said the dx ticket as i have orderd one also and will also do a review over it

Benm

That's nice, i'm looking forward on some reviews on the dx equivalents of these lasers. The KD here probably is a good choice, but i'd just rather deal with DX for anything than involves more then a few tenners.

At least this way we will find out if the differences between the kd and dx batons are just cosmetic or if there is more to it.

Benm said:
That's nice, i'm looking forward on some reviews on the dx equivalents of these lasers. The KD here probably is a good choice, but i'd just rather deal with DX for anything than involves more then a few tenners.

At least this way we will find out if the differences between the kd and dx batons are just cosmetic or if there is more to it.
im going to buy the KD laser while this stock is still good.. only 2 more days... friday is my big day! then the BIG wait after that. im surprised that my recent DX order for some headphones and batteries came quick (well the 2nd order, the first one never came lol). so i wonder how long KD will be.

Benm

I've ordered a couple of times at KD, shipping seems quite variable - sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes 3 days, before things are shipped off. Guess that mostly depends on their supplyers.

Benm said:
I've ordered a couple of times at KD, shipping seems quite variable - sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes 3 days, before things are shipped off. Guess that mostly depends on their supplyers.
lol your message seriously scared me, i thought you said "i ordered a couple from KD" hahaha.
well this will be my first time ordering from them, i hope all goes well!

IgorT

mikeeey said:
lol your message seriously scared me, i thought you said "i ordered a couple from KD" hahaha.

Do you expect them to have it in stock?

You should write them first and ask if it is actually in stock. And to test it if it is as bright as it should be and has a round spot before shipping it... :)

IgorT said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#37 date=1210891469]lol your message seriously scared me, i thought you said "i ordered a couple from KD" hahaha.

Do you expect them to have it in stock?

You should write them first and ask if it is actually in stock. And to test it if it is as bright as it should be and has a round spot before shipping it... :)[/quote]
alright, ill do that, i dont expect to get an answer until weeks later tho..
i sure hope it's in stock.

IgorT

mikeeey said:

They do answer e-mails... I always got an answer immediately or the next day. Not always the answer i wanted, but an answer...

You just need to say "I would like to order SKU-xyz. Is it in stock? If i order now, when will it ship?", and then they are eager to answer...

IgorT said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#39 date=1210911896]

They do answer e-mails... I always got an answer immediately or the next day. Not always the answer i wanted, but an answer...

You just need to say "I would like to order SKU-xyz. Is it in stock? If i order now, when will it ship?", and then they are eager to answer...[/quote]
yeah they answered, but unfortunatly..it was out of stock.. not sure what to do now lol

IgorT

mikeeey said:
yeah they answered, but unfortunatly..it was out of stock.. not sure what to do now lol

That's what i expecte...

Well, there's not much you can do.. You can keep saving money, asking every now and then and waiting for the 200mW DX review, or order and just wait.

Asking KD for an estimate of availability is pointless tho. And waiting for it to come in stock may not work, as i have a feeling they just order from the manufacturer, what was ordered from them, so you could miss out every time...

I waited almost a month for the 200mW New Wish to ship.. Sometimes you just have to be patient, when you want something special or cheap or both....

IgorT said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#41 date=1210999378]yeah they answered, but unfortunatly..it was out of stock.. not sure what to do now lol
as i have a feeling they just order from the manufacturer, what was ordered from them, so you could miss out every time...
[/quote]
then maybe i should just order it and wait. right now my friend is willing to help me pay for it and i pay him back, if i wait that offer might not be open.
choosing is always so hard when it comes to DX and KD lol.

Razako

mikeeey said:
[quote author=IgorT link=1210024232/30#42 date=1210999597][quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#41 date=1210999378]yeah they answered, but unfortunatly..it was out of stock.. not sure what to do now lol
as i have a feeling they just order from the manufacturer, what was ordered from them, so you could miss out every time...
[/quote]
then maybe i should just order it and wait. right now my friend is willing to help me pay for it and i pay him back, if i wait that offer might not be open.
choosing is always so hard when it comes to DX and KD lol.[/quote]
The obvious answer is to save up for an RPL :cool:

Razako said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#43 date=1211041331][quote author=IgorT link=1210024232/30#42 date=1210999597][quote author=mikeeey link=1210024232/30#41 date=1210999378]yeah they answered, but unfortunatly..it was out of stock.. not sure what to do now lol
[/quote]
choosing is always so hard when it comes to DX and KD lol.[/quote]
The obvious answer is to save up for an RPL :cool:[/quote]
lol and WHEN it breaks ill be very sad. cuz all my lasers break sooner or later, but i cant stop buying them haha.

I ordered the laser, lets hope it goes the same as it did for knimrod. he said it took about 3 weeks before they finally shipped off the order, sooner would be better, but im not going to expect anything more than that, i really want it to just come working and as great as knimrod's.

knimrod could you record some burning videos and beam shots? show us how well it burns at it's best focus?
thanks!