Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: KD 150mW Baton Style Green Laser

Strange that the button doesn't work well, isn't it just a time delay or something?

How long does it take to light a match? an does the focssing ring work well?

its not a time delay, i just tried my toilet paper trick and it made it a bit better, but not completely. atleast now it will turn on a majority of the time, and if it doesnt turn on right if you press just a little harder it will turn on fully. before if you pressed harder it would stop working. maybe a few more pieces of toilet paper are required but im afraid if i put too much in it wont work, right now i cant take them out so if anything goes wrong that would be bad. Besides, i always have bad luck with my lasers, especially if i take them apart.

I only tried 1 match, took about 2 seconds, I had it focused, but i didnt really try to find the finest focus. I'm sure i could get it to light quicker.

I'm very impressed with this, it appears to be brighter and burn better than my 283mW DIY red.

the focusing knob seems comfortable.

When i compare this to my 30mW romison laser, there is a HUGE difference. first of all, in the day time, i shine my romison laser outside from inside my house, its hard to find, and i cant see it. i try to shine at a fence about 300 feet away, and i cannot find the dot. I try my 150mW and its RIGHT THERE. you can definatly notice it!

[highlight]EDIT:[/highlight] so i decided to put another piece or 2 of toilet paper in between the foam in the laser, but this time half going in and half sticking out (but still packed). this seemed to work, but light (blue led) doesn't light up all the way, but it's partial, however, the laser is as bright as can be! :)

[highlight]EDIT once more:[/highlight] ehh...this is annoying. the whole button thing just isnt working. ive got it now so it will turn on everytime, and its pretty bright, but if i push (uncomfortably) harder it still gets brighter.

so toilet paper and paper towels didn't work, i Need something that keeps the mainboard from moving. But better yet i need a safe way to take it apart. I'm feeling very daring and want to try other things to hold it up, but im not sure what. I've thought about foil, but can that mess anything up? it may not be a good idea..

Razako

mikeeey said:
so toilet paper and paper towels didn't work, i Need something that keeps the mainboard from moving. But better yet i need a safe way to take it apart. I'm feeling very daring and want to try other things to hold it up, but im not sure what. I've thought about foil, but can that mess anything up? it may not be a good idea..
Absolutely don't use foil. It will short things out on the PCB and possibly permanently ruin the laser. You are going to need to take it apart and glue the board in place or fix the switch.

yeah i didnt use the foil. I would take it apart if i could, but i dont know how, and im afraid to ruin my laser (as i did with my Ultrafire 90mW).
This thing is strong but now from trying to stuff so much stuff in Ive ruined the foam, and it wont even turn on now, the main board moves too much.

Razako

mikeeey said:
yeah i didnt use the foil. I would take it apart if i could, but i dont know how, and im afraid to ruin my laser (as i did with my Ultrafire 90mW).
This thing is strong but now from trying to stuff so much stuff in Ive ruined the foam, and it wont even turn on now, the main board moves too much.
Basically your only option now is to take it apart and fix the problem. Preferably you should glue the board in the correct location and short the switch so you can easily use the tailcap dongle as a constant on/off switch. Even If if you do get a RMA from KD they will send you another laser with this exact same problem. This is why I avoid all cheap Chinese lasers with momentary pushbuttons like the plague now. They all have this stupid button issues where they put a flimsy piece of foam under the pcb.

You might also be able to send the laser to another LPF member in the USA and pay them to fix it for you.