Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Requesting a picture

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is redundant but for the hell of me I cannot remember if I saw it anywhere;

I need a high quality macro shot of DrLava's FlexDrive V5, the side where two ICs are.

I am currently repairing the famous Simon's solder sculpture, and I got everything and just as I was about to power it, I noticed that there are small pads to the corner of the driver and appears that a component is missing.

I just want to make sure to know what component is this, I suspect a capactor, so I can solder that up and be done with this.

Swift response is greatly appreciated!

anselm

Is all I could find real quick
flexdrive_dime.jpg

images

Last edited:
I just got off the datasheet from finding information about the jumper configuration.

Two problems, first: that's the wrong side (two ICs). Second: Pictures in datasheet are are of V4 and is not the same.

I need to be sure.

EDIT - GAWD, what a shitty internet, took so long to post that one more post showed up.

Thanks guys, now I am certain that it is a capacitor. I'll just finish this up real quick.

+ rep to both if ya.

Last edited:
Just the other day I accidentally swiped the tiny output capacitor off a V5 Flex. Be careful not to touch them with your iron because they are not easy to solder back to the board... and nearly impossible to find if it lands on the floor!

Just soldered a new 10uF cap back. It was a lot bigger than previous one, but I made it.

Also, you don't need to solder it pad to pad. Another pad for it is just connected to the Positive output hole, so you can just solder there, fit a larger cap. If anybody wants any pictures, I'll take them when my camera battery is done recharging.

Nope, just see my profile page and the picture is there, posted by Simon, you know 2007Revolution, moderator :D

Internet too damn slow to do anything...

Yeah, made by butane powered soldering iron.

I'll be posting pictures of the reworked stuff soon, internet returned to normal too.

This may help.:beer:

flexz.jpg

Damn you and your sweet camera......

I just bought my sister's dvd camcorder off her for $50. it's the same one i use to make the LOC harvesting video. not the best, but I like it :)

Now I can start making videos and tutorials again

CDHDC

Just the other day I accidentally swiped the tiny output capacitor off a V5 Flex. Be careful not to touch them with your iron because they are not easy to solder back to the board... and nearly impossible to find if it lands on the floor!

LOL! I did just that on my last build. Luckily, in my frustration, I knocked another piece on the floor that landed right next to it. If that wouldn't have happened, I don't think I would ever have found it. And it was a PAIN to get soldered back on;)