Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Request ...

So i've got a Wicked Lasers Sonar II ''White'' on route to me wich i got for free from a friend of mine.

It's not working, but it's in pristine condition (first owner) with not a single scratch on it.
It hasn't worked on arrival when he got it... he got a replacement spyder II and he could keep the non working sonar II. ''unused ever since''

I was wondering if someone is able to repair it for me, knowing how the host is assambled..

looks like the driver is still working as the LED lights up... but no output..

If anyone is willing to make this piece of history, into a working laser.... let me know...

suhzMGd.jpg

Last edited:

Ooh nice, i really like those hosts. Unfortunately I think its all press fit in there, since the hosts are 1 piece casts (I am 99% sure on this) minus the tailcap and headcap if there is one. although maybe it unscrews midway somewhere, possible under that warning sticker? It seems companies always like to do that, put the warning or warranty sticker over the seam in the product.

IsaacT

I am curious how they anodized it that color as I have long wanted a white laser build. Anybody know?

Good luck finding someone to repair it, it is a ***y laser!

Knowing WL, it's probably a press-fitted cap and a screw-in tailcap, the rest of the host is one piece

DOA for a WL laser in that time period is a rare occurrence... maybe the diode just failed?

I'm going to toss all my marbles in and agree with everyone else about it being pressfit. If not, then rest assured plenty of epoxy glue was used (as we have already found out with another host).

I would really like to see someone take a whack at repairing this thing though. It could as simple as a loose connection. Subbed for now :). Keep us posted please.

Last edited:
Taking the host apart without scratching it is the difficult part... slapping a new diode in is no biggie

It will be here tomorrow, so i can have a good look at it ....

I know someone on this forum has taken apart the sonar 1 for another member here....
But i'm not sure if it's the same practice.

I agree with hwang... taking it appart without scratching it is difficult...
But i will know more tomorrow about that...

ANd maybe like Jeffrey say's , it's could be a loose connection... who knows...

I did find these pic...

P00dNsI.jpg

ceQdmci.jpg

XbFI9zk.jpg

Last edited:
Recieved today and made a quick pic..

Sj9QKYp.jpg

It's pritty much looking on the inside like the pic above...