Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Request for EXOTIC DPSS Equipment

I'd like to do a formal request for some exotic, "un-GBed" items. For someone more in the know, or with better connections than I.

DPSS/solid state equipment.
-Mounts
-SS Fiber
-SS Waveguides
-Exotic Crystals*
-Exotic stabilized Pumps*
-Exotic coatings*
-Exotic mirrors*

* - Exotic refers to something beyond 532, or 473. I am looking for mirrors capable of SHG@1123 or SHG@1319, SHG@980/976. Things like that. Mirrors, crystals, or companies that can do coatings for, things like that. I expect a lot of this to come down for specially coated mirrors, as an LBO can do anything at the right temp as long as the mirrors can resonate it.

I hope that makes sense. I am looking to get materials so I can basically do anything. I am trying to build a solid state sandbox. Similar to what I have now for gas.

Also, if this GB fails, but you still have contacts, please, let me know. Once I get back from SELEM, I am hitting this hard.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Too bad you arent a week earlier- there was an ebay seller that had everything from fiber coupled 20W 808nm pumps to parts of lasers themselves. For some reason all of his stuff has been removed though :/

Have you checked ebay though? There are lots of crystals for systems other than 532 and 473. Mirrors will certainly be the hardest thing to obtain.

Too bad you arent a week earlier- there was an ebay seller that had everything from fiber coupled 20W 808nm pumps to parts of lasers themselves. For some reason all of his stuff has been removed though :/

Have you checked ebay though? There are lots of crystals for systems other than 532 and 473. Mirrors will certainly be the hardest thing to obtain.

Parts for 473 and 532 are easy to come by.

I have a KTP for 561 and one for 593. The hardest part is finding specialty mirrors for them.

Coatings make up a bulk of the challenge.

Kaiser still has his full set of 589 optics for sale in his thread. 250$ is a price you won't beat for everything you need. They may be small, but you could get a good 50-100mW out of them with the proper set up.

I really envy you having the money to go after solid state like this. I would love nothing more than to get an aluminum breadboard, set up 2 or 3 high powered, fiber coupled 808nm pumps, then have a whole lineup of adjustable stages and lens/mirror mounts to fine tune whatever wavelength i chose to make. Of course, that would be a LOT of money, and as I'm sure you are finding out, the optics aren't easy to come by for more exotic wavelengths. I wish you luck, though! :)

rhd

This is not quite what you're looking for, but I am, in principle, open to selling my 556/561 CNI portable.

Kaiser still has his full set of 589 optics for sale in his thread. 250$ is a price you won't beat for everything you need. They may be small, but you could get a good 50-100mW out of them with the proper set up.

I really envy you having the money to go after solid state like this. I would love nothing more than to get an aluminum breadboard, set up 2 or 3 high powered, fiber coupled 808nm pumps, then have a whole lineup of adjustable stages and lens/mirror mounts to fine tune whatever wavelength i chose to make. Of course, that would be a LOT of money, and as I'm sure you are finding out, the optics aren't easy to come by for more exotic wavelengths. I wish you luck, though! :)

I've looked into that, but I have 589nm already. Looking to expand a bit.

As far as price, I don't know if I have the money or not. No idea how much this will cost. I know some mirrors and diodes can be well over a grand, but some might be able to get a better price.

This is not quite what you're looking for, but I am, in principle, open to selling my 556/561 CNI portable.

Tantalizing, but I might have to pass. We'll see though.

UPDATE:

I found an interesting site. It might be a decent source later on. Yeah, $150-200 for a 1064/532 mirror is a bit high, but the same price for an 1179/589nm or 1112/556nm, or even an HR@980-1110nm? I can dig it.

http://layertec.de/en/shop/articles

Well, that is the point of the mirrors. Usually the yag and vanadate on ebay have mirror coatings for 1064 (or some other specific wavelength 1064 is obviously most common), whered you get an uncoated slab?

I'll ask around for parts. I have some mirrors for various things, but many of them are not suitable for DPSS. more just beam redirection. If you need mediums though I can likely hunt down some vanadates and such for you. there are several local labs nearby. I even got offered a large Ti:Sapphire once. but it was rather expensive.

Bump!

I have retuned from SELEM with goodies. Some things I know I am buzzing about. I hope y'all feel equally pleased with them once all of it comes together :)

Still looking for parts. I am currently loaded up on SHG@1064 equipment. From mounts to crystals :). However, still need a diode. I am looking into a good diode for the 1064/532 test. Though it will always be a needed piece of equipment. A steady stream of diodes will help.

Secondly, temperature control. A good TEC + mount + driver? To find the perfect temperature to get exact 808nm for conversion.

Lastly, Kaiser, we'll talk. Not only about dpss, but I may have the fix for the PMS. Updates to come ;)

Great. I'm just getting off work, so I should be home in about 20 minutes or so from the time of this post if you're gonna be on.