Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Register your drone

GSS

Pi I hope you are seeing this as it means you are well as I saw on another post your situation.:( Im at the point that nothing really works for my issue but a glass of wine now and then does help with sleep a bit. Im telling you it was a very creepy thing to see those ads an pretty quickly I will ad. Mabey Andrew being a physician can tell us whats in a women,s genes that the majority have nice handwriting. Your mom at 91 is great "knock on wood" and I can see how you say it she,s spunky and will out live you an me. Lets see if you post soon

Last edited:

@GSS and PRSQ

Heck, I wish I knew what makes women tick period. If I could answer that question I would be a very rich man! You brought back memories of elementary school. While I was trying to play doctor at an early age, the girls were trying to improve my penmanship.

Why do they live longer? I wonder if the post women's lib world will change that.
What I am getting at is stress.
Someone should do a study of house husbands vs breadwinner women plotted against longevity lol.

Considering the poisonous environment we live in I am not sure it matters anymore.

GSS

Andrew, lol boy did you bring memories of playing doctor as a kid! The thing is you became one, so......I cant play that game anymore. Im a little old school in my thinking too, and seeing it first hand. Im leaving it at that cause this can explode into something. Tides are turning as we speak though. Pi, are you out there and ok? hope so:)

Well GSS, I grew up right smack in Manhattan in the 60s. On top of that, one of my grandfather's publications was ***ology magazine, really the first magazine to deal with *** from a scientific basis. I assume you grew up in MA which may not be Manhattan but it is the east coast lol.

I think the stories are best for a conference call.

Hmm. but I don't think most of those who belong to the forum know what POTS is or own one of those strange devices with the push buttons!

You know it's a screwy world when the first thing that comes to my mind when you mentioned playing doctor, is that kids now days, both of them, would be charged with ***ual assault, and parents with negligence for not having supervised the kids 24/7.

@infinitusequitas I don't know how old you are or if you grew up in NY where you are now...I think of my childhood and life in the 60s and you are right....it is scary. You are probably referring to this: 6 Year old boy charged with ***ual assault. What makes it all the more ironic is that in the 50s, if a woman appeared in what was then a non-existent bikini on Jones beach..she would be arrested. Homo***uality at the time was illegal under the sodomy statutes many of which are still on the books but not utilized.

GSS

Well GSS, I grew up right smack in Manhattan in the 60s. On top of that, one of my grandfather's publications was ***ology magazine, really the first magazine to deal with *** from a scientific basis. I assume you grew up in MA which may not be Manhattan but it is the east coast lol.

I think the stories are best for a conference call.

Hmm. but I don't think most of those who belong to the forum know what POTS is or own one of those strange devices with the push buttons!
Hi Andrew, I did grow up in Brookline MA right near Boston and vacationed in NY every summer with my relatives. My father had a resteraunt near the state house in the Beacon hill section of Boston for years. What im getting at was he was the sole bread winner for a family 8 and my mom was the house wife. So I have memorys of the Boston commons with hippies to the snobs in Brookline. IE I was 5 at the time and if my mom had found out I wouldnt be posting today. As it was she was the one which enforced disiplene and I remember getting caught at around 8 with my neighbors Playboy and giggleing and getting spanked that would probably be child abuse today? but her teaching me to respect woman........oh yeah Andrew push buttons, all that work would get your finger tired! I do really need to catch up a little though

Last edited:
Pi, are you out there and ok? hope so:)

Thanks I am back, power and water both back on. You would think after all these years that we wouldn't have to loose power from a wind storm, they should have been able to fix that problem by now. I can understand an earthquake or tsunami or war or some major disaster but 54 1/2 hours with no power or water from high winds is inexcusable. Some of the roads are still blocked due to downed trees. All power lines should be underground or go through some strong metal conduit that can't be destroyed by wind.

Alan

GSS

Glad your back Pi safe an "sound" lol, seriously though they should be able to set a pole that is wind resistant and will also collapse if a vehicle were to hit it. Plus transformers and cable wires that withstand hurricanes but as im typeing this it does seem a bit absurd and of wishfull thinking. Underground cabling sounds good but could you go through a huge project like this without power for who knows how long? Im trying to think who mentioned on a previous thread that they dont have power issues do to the fact that yes everything is underground. It wasnt anyone in the US I beleive. but cleanup is a bitch I can imagine.:(

Last edited:
Glad your back Pi safe an "sound" lol, seriously though they should be able to set a pole that is wind resistant and will also collapse if a vehicle were to hit it. Plus transformers and cable wires that withstand hurricanes but as im typeing this it does seem a bit absurd and of wishfull thinking. Underground cabling sounds good but could you go through a huge project like this without power for who knows how long? Im trying to think who mentioned on a previous thread that they dont have power issues do to the fact that yes everything is underground. It wasnt anyone in the US I beleive. but cleanup is a bitch I can imagine.:(

Probably from this thread I made recently: http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/power-water-how-often-do-you-have-outage-94877.html I guess the U.K. and Netherlands do better than us for power reliability.

I also think we should do more to protect the power grid from EMP, not just from an attack but even a large CME from the sun could bring down the power grid if the earth takes a direct hit.

Alan

I also think we should do more to protect the power grid from EMP, not just from an attack but even a large CME from the sun could bring down the power grid if the earth takes a direct hit.

There are a lot of natural disasters that would be basically apocalyptic nowdays. The world is far more interdependent now then it has ever been... store shelves would empty out in 3 days tops.

Carrington type of event, supervolcano, asteroid hit, pole reversal... odds are humanity would actually survive most... but you and I, almost definitely not. Nor is there a benefit to trying to prepare for every single one, because the possibilities for it all to end are endless.

@allen. You should have told me what was going on...would have spoken with my buddy at HARP and told him to turn off the juice!

Any of you guys read The Long Emergency by Kuntzler? What happens when the gas runs out. The same empty grocery shelves scenario.

@ Andrew
Our problems are not going to be energy, there is plenty of fossil fuel and we are headed for cold fusion, plenty of energy.

Our problem is our government thievery and our national debt.

In the past we used inflation to shrink our debt so it wouldn't count for much, but now the Chinese are in the banking system and they are setting prices.

After the recent atrocity in France Obama called it a setback....WOW, I suppose we could give the benefit of a doubt and assume he meant a setback in the war or terror, but if you look at all that's going on, such as building a nuclear Iran and arming the other side, allowing thousands of Muslin refugees into our heartland, ( only 500+ so far, but plans are for many more ).

Russia and France don't want terrorist, they are bombing ISIS infrastructure, what have we been doing?
Other than the puppet show bs, don't bother waiving the same old carrot.

I fear our Muslim King made a Freudian slip.

Race relations have regressed in America by design " If they want to destroy let them destroy " that mayor woman repeated something she was told from on high.
Out status as the worlds premier superpower is being laughed at as we are told to get out of the way 1 hour before the Russians start bombing, and China told us to mind our own business as per their island building.

Our allies are being abandoned, meanwhile I see middle eastern people chanting Allah Akbar after firing high tech weapons blowing up Russian tanks on youtube.

This is just my opinion, but I don't believe any of what we are being fed the 1st time I hear it.
I know it's hard to believe, but not everything we are being told is the whole truth.

GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT OUR BIGGEST THREAT, yes we are polluting our world, but we go though a natural cycle of ice ages and global warming is not our biggest problem at all, it's just a LOOK OVER HERE tactic.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I mentioned the Long Emergency because whether one believes in peak oil or not, the scenarios he describes when the power goes out for whatever reason are real.

I don't believe what I read or hear most of the time either. However, listening to Putin at Valdai, I did not hear him say anything but what sounds like the truth. He paints a picture of sheer idiocy with respect to what the US has done with the various "springs." He mentions, "getting your ambassador killed in Libya...absolutely right on the money there.

People never understand me when I tell them that some countries do better or need a dictatorship. Going around the world trying to fix countries is nuts.

I am not sure about what happened in France...false flags are really useful devices as we have seen for some time.

As for Iran, I really don't have a problem with them. The US started the problem there with the Mordad Coup. As for what Ahmadinejad said about Israel being "wiped off the face of the earth," it was a combination of a misquote of Khomeini and mistranslation by the press. Khomeini gave a speech in which he said in Persian “Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” This means, “This occupation regime over Jerusalem must vanish from the arena of time.”

American Jews are not aware that there is a Jewish population in Iran which is considered a minority. What seems never to be communicated by the press is that Iran is against the Zionist occupation of Israel, the outright steeling of land which started with Balfour declaration. Jews and Arabs were living very happily in peace together prior to this.

Zionism has nothing to do with the Jewish religion. What is even more interesting is that the Zionists who did this are really Khzarian. Khazarian Jews It should be no surprise that Palestinians share the same genes which makes the genocide being perpetrated upon them all the more tragic: The Missing Link of Jewish European Ancestry: Contrasting the Rhineland and the Khazarian Hypotheses

Drones Must Registerd !

Owners of small hobby drones must register their unmanned aerial vehicles with the US government beginning December 21, the FAA has announced. Registration will be $5, and previous drone owners have until February 19 before facing penalties.
"Failure to register an aircraft can result in civil penalties up to $27,500," the rule states. "Criminal penalties for failure to register can include fines of up to $250,000." !!
-
Another way for the gov to make money haha:whistle:

Reactions: GSS