Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Register your drone

GSS

@gss

Geico apparently does not offer a discount for the course in MA. Check this out: Massachusetts DMV driver safety
Thx Andrew124, Its seems MA has its own set of rules, it would make it so much easier if the driver law was across the board in the whole US but that would make it to easy? This isnt much of a comeback towards the system I know. Im just so tired and dont think I even have a tiny chance of getting my points dropped but will see.:thinking: Just saw that are local NBC news team is doing a piece on how to fight the DMV as a man who lives in MA got his registration suspended from violations in New Mexico. Neither him or his family has never been in New Mexico

Last edited:
Thx Andrew124, Its seems MA has its own set of rules, it would make it so much easier if the driver law was across the board in the whole US but that would make it to easy? This isnt much of a comeback towards the system I know. Im just so tired and dont think I even have a tiny chance of getting my points dropped but will see.:thinking: Just saw that are local NBC news team is doing a piece on how to fight the DMV as a man who lives in MA got his registration suspended from violations in New Mexico. Neither him or his family has never been in New Mexico

I totally understand your frustration. I know this guy who knows all sorts of arcane laws/technicalities. I don't know where he learned it all. He lives in FL and drives around without a registration. He explained it to me once. I have some links if you are interested. It is legal and the Supreme Court apparently said so!

Freedom School - Travel Information - Resource Page

How to Drive Without a License
U.S. Supreme Court says No License Necessary To Drive Automobile On Public Highways/Streets | We Are Change
How to opt out: Build without a permit, drive without a license

My friend told me all sort of crazy stories, something about representing someone even though he is not a lawyer...attorneys general. I could find nothing myself about this.

Personally...too much hassle but the point is as I understand it, dealing with sovereignty, birth right and a bunch of arcane language::(

Last edited:
With some insurance companies and states. Taking the driver safety course every 3 years gives you a substantial discount off your car insurance premium.
Only draw back is it is an 8 hour class and you can die of boredom in that class :(

I have done both, online and at a meeting room somewhere that the class was held. Usually about 30 people at a time. Half the fun is watching people trying not to fall asleep :D

GSS

I have done both, online and at a meeting room somewhere that the class was held. Usually about 30 people at a time. Half the fun is watching people trying not to fall asleep :D
HaHaHa! I still havent checked but I sure will now!

@laserchick. Ah! I see you have been a bad, bad girl speeding on your state's highways and they nailed you lol. Living in NYC there was no reason for a car or motorcycle...the later something I wanted. I finally purchased one in 82 and did not realize, even though I took a special motorcycle course, that the feeling of speed is different than a car. One night I was coming back from my 4 pm to 1 am medical assistant work in an urgent care center when I saw a blue light in my mirror. He said he had clocked me at something like 80 which could have been a reckless charge. In any case, my insurance went up appreciably. There were no programs at the time or at least I did not know of one. Many years later I was going just a few miles over the limit and availed myself of one of those courses. The cops in Northern Virginia are very, very strict unlike Montgomery County, MD.

@GSS I along with three other docs who were working in an Alternative practice were sued for malpractice for frivolous, frankly off the wall reasons. At the time I was working in two different states. Much to my surprise, my office manager only insured me in the other state. I had NO coverage where the law suit was taking place.

As one could imagine, I was very upset and stressed out, especially since I was the one who figured out what was wrong with him. The long and short of it is that he had an inflammatory bowel disease. he did not want to take the conventional medicines. The only advice I could give him was to decrease stress, take certain vitamins and supplements along with the regimen his Internist prescribed for him.

One day he comes to me telling me he has moderate abdominal pain. Considering his history, the first thing one thinks of is an intestinal abscess. I ordered a scan and that is exactly what he had. He was sent back to his Internist and ultimately had surgery and was became better than he ever had been...the natural history of the illness.

So, the law suit was off the wall and without merit. However, this was before the time when a physician had to certify that he suspected malpractice.

I made a deal with the three attorneys for the other guys that if they helped me with proper legal form, I would attend all depositions. So, I acted pro se and submitted an "appearance" as such for the court. There was a time I wanted to go to law school because I had an interest in medical ethics. However, by that time, I did not think I could remember case law or read the fine print! :(:(

Turns out I had a real flair for it. I came up with a novel way of defending us. The other attorneys wanted to hire an "expert gastroenterologist" as a witness for an exorbitant amount of money...you know the deal...two hired guns fighting. I tell them, forget that, let's let the plaintiff be the expert, after all who else is a better expert on their own health but the patient.

At first they thought I was nuts. Then I explained that I would simply highlight a passage in a medical textbook explaining that abscesses followed by surgery usually result in the patient feeling better than previously. The judge thought it nuts too. He said that he always heard from licensed physicians and without a license to practice medicine, he could not be deemed an expert. (This was done without the presence of the jury.)

There was a comprise, he was simply called or perhaps deemed a witness for the defendants, a rather odd twist. I did just what I said I would do and he read the highlighted passage and I asked him, reminding him that he was under oath, if he was indeed better than he was before. He said yes. I knew this would cinch the case in the juries mind.

The three attorneys wanted me to give the closing argument which shocked me. I suggested that might seem disingenuous at best, that the jurors would think "of course he is simply trying to get out of a guilty verdict." However, the attorneys were already convinced by looking at the jurors faces that they had already made up their minds in our favor. So, I gave the argument, short and sweet. The jury deliberated for like a half hour. I was later told that there were no real hold outs for guilty.

Jurisprudence....what fun! The three attornies when I kidded with them that perhaps I should go to law school said that I did not need it, just go out and practice lol. I do have to say that I got a really good feel for what litigation is like having gone through the process. What I was not particularly good at is organizing all the paper that was generated. The three attornies had huge binders of paper. I had huge stacks!

Is Laser Chick a lead foot = Guilty :p
The other times I took the class was just to get lower insurance rates and not reduce points on my drivers license:)

Reactions: GSS

GSS

A licensed Physician and a board certified lawyer, what a powerful position. (wow the possibility) Im so disgusted with those ambulance chasers (corny I know) but am so relieved to know that you werent tempted to the dark side. I can imagine how awful it must feel to devote so much time in school and internship and work so hard to save and help a patient only to get smacked in the face and have someone want to take everything you have worked for. Im glad you have the gift and can help your colleagues. You put this man is his place lol. If you can keep doing what you can without a law degree then keep doing it! I have 2 questions is it true that jurors have already made up their minds in the first I think 10 minutes and the 2nd and most the important you know where im going do all doctors really have bad handwriting or is it done onpurpose to keep the image up??

Last edited:
About the bad handwriting, I have noticed a couple of times that police also have bad handwriting. I expect that the police have bad handwriting due to low IQ and poor education, while doctors have a high IQ and a very impressive education, it's no small thing to become a doctor. I am thinking that the doctors learn to take notes really fast and they can still read their own writing even if no one else can. Is any of this true or am I just imagining things?

Alan

GSS

About the bad handwriting, I have noticed a couple of times that police also have bad handwriting. I expect that the police have bad handwriting due to low IQ and poor education, while doctors have a high IQ and a very impressive education, it's no small thing to become a doctor. I am thinking that the doctors learn to take notes really fast and they can still read their own writing even if no one else can. Is any of this true or am I just imagining things?

Alan
Its funny how this discussion started, it was about a citation I got and Pi for the life of me I couldnt read the hand writing on the citation. I dont think your imagining anything his hand probably got tired from writing as many tickets as he could. (Im still a bit upset with this I have to let it go at some point). Same with doctors but for obviously different reasons. Im assuming there are different nurses that can read certain doctors writing from experience. At least thats what I see on TV

Its funny how this discussion started, it was about a citation I got and Pi for the life of me I couldnt read the hand writing on the citation. I dont think your imagining anything his hand probably got tired from writing as many tickets as he could. (Im still a bit upset with this I have to let it go at some point). Same with doctors but for obviously different reasons. Im assuming there are different nurses that can read certain doctors writing from experience. At least thats what I see on TV

It's probably only on TV, it's a good thing they are all using computers now, I don't know if you have been to a doctor recently but now they just sit at the computer and ask you a few questions and then type on the computer, and then they bill you $420 for a 20 minute visit.:wtf:

Alan

GSS

It's probably only on TV, it's a good thing they are all using computers now, I don't know if you have been to a doctor recently but now they just sit at the computer and ask you a few questions and then type on the computer, and then they bill you $420 for a 20 minute visit.:wtf:

Alan
Oh yeah about a year ago I first saw it, I thought it was just a first formality they do then bang the visit was over? the script and all was already at the pharmacy. Talk about being impersonal.

To all of you who wonder about the exquisite penmanship of physicians, for most of them it is simply that there is so much to write that they just get worn out. As for me, I was born with the worst handwriting imaginable, so bad that I can't read it myself. In fact, one of the best things my father did for me was send me to the business school across the street to learn to type during X-Mas Vacation when I was in 6th grade. It is also the reason I became a beta site for an electronic medical record in 1995 4 years before the government monograph, To Err is Human was written. God Bless Word Processing.:crackup::crackup: For those of you Blessed with good penmanship, count your blessings!

GSS

Ha! I knew it was from all the writing, Andrew I think my hand writing may be worse and ad an essential tremor that ive had from childhood. Why do women generaly have better hand writing? What do they have that men dont? On the subject of being watched I went to my local CVS and purchased some cough medecine and forgive me but a laxative and the next day im checking my emails and popping up are adds for Niquile and probiotic pills. Thats the last time I use my CVS rewards card. Way to much info:shhh:

Last edited:
Ha! I knew it was from all the writing, Andrew I think my hand writing may be worse and ad an essential tremor that ive had from childhood. Why do women generaly have better hand writing? What do they have that men dont? On the subject of being watched I went to my local CVS and purchased some cough medecine and forgive me but a laxative and the next day im checking my emails and popping up are adds for Niquile and probiotic pills. Thats the last time I use my CVS rewards card. Way to much info:shhh:

Your use of those cards for each store, and your debit/credit cards and your web browsing are all tracked by someone.

If you would drink wine with your meals you wouldn't need a laxative, it will also make you feel better and sleep better too.

As for the women I don't know, less logical, more emotional, and they live so much longer Damn it! I probably won't live to be 60 and my mother is 91 and thinks she can make it to 101. :wtf:

Alan