Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Register your drone

Better yet. Think I will start working on a treatment: Dronewars The year is 2020, and there are 2 drones for every elementary school child, and 5 true, fixed wing drones for every adult. Combined with robot slaves, the nations capital has become a war zone. The Federal Government has authorized their own drone squad to shoot down illegal, non-registered zones which represent 99.9 percent of those being flown.

:scowl:Nobody will every chip me!

I heard someone on some radio show sometime back claim that they will soon be able to do it without you even knowing about it, like when you get a vacine shot.

You are right about that. Just renewed my passport! Maybe it is radioactive!

I got my passport just days before they added the chips but it expires now next month, I don't know if I can even renew it, I owe the government money.

Alan

You are right about that. Just renewed my passport! Maybe it is radioactive!

Probably not. I used to watch a show on netflix, about customs and border patrol agents working at jfk.

What they look for, day to day kind of stuff. One of the more amusing episode bits was when their radiation detectors went nuts!

After running around like chickens with their heads cut off (and you could see they were barely restraining themselves due to cameras rolling) they eventually tracked down the alarm to a couple of women in their 50's. Both very nice.

Apparently one recently had a procedure that involved taking a mildly radioactive drink. And that's all.

So... unless you want a very close inspection, anything radioactive, is best kept far away from your passport. Though I suppose you can bet her luggage will never, ever, get lost again.

APEX1

GM and their damn northstar. I hate working on chevys.. they have a damn module for every damn thing in the car. MOST CARS DO NOT RECORD YOUR DRIVING.. YET!!! the only thing that a car will record is when an OBD2 monitor has failed.. such as catalyst effeciency or a misfire. It then lets you know the conditions happening while it failed.
I always tell people with passwords for their things.. "you life is not that interesting"

lol I wouldn't be where I'm at in life if "the MAN" were really watching us!
Honestly, telling others who truly believe that they are will never except the fact that the government just really doesn't care about you! Trying to explain it to them Is like telling water not to be wet!!!!!!!!!!! jk :wave: :na:

Last edited:
lol I wouldn't be where I'm at in life if "the MAN" were really watching us!
Honestly, telling others who truly believe that they are will never except the fact that the government just really doesn't care about you! Trying to explain it to them Is like telling water not to be wet!!!!!!!!!!! jk :wave: :na:

Because it's not that simple. Many people realize as you do, as I do, that we're simply not that special or interesting, or important enough to be watched and analyzed, and so on.

The scary thing is though, there are enough anecdotes out there, that show government prosecution and persecution run amok, so that the knowledge that you're probably not even on the radar, is not much comfort at all. That the "radar" even exists is enough to make many anxious. Hope that makes sense.:tinfoil:

APEX1

yes makes perfect sense!!! I tell people all the time! 99.9% of the time our eyes in the sky are far from the states! We're more concerned about the man made islands being made in the south china sea! or over north Korea, middle east etc,...

yes makes perfect sense!!! I tell people all the time! 99.9% of the time our eyes in the sky are far from the states!

And tell us just how you would know that? Does every part of the the federal government that has a UAV/drone or satellite all work together and share all their info on what each other are doing?

We're more concerned about the man made islands being made in the south china sea! or over north Korea, middle east etc,...

That's what the Navy should be doing, but what about the FBI, NSA, and other alphabet soup that has drones and satellites, as well as all the state and county and some city law enforcement that is now using drones and other questionable surveillance technology? You can't seriously tell me they are watching the Chinese or North Koreans or the Middle East.

Alan

Super computers data mine social media all day long, you can imagine a string ok key words that will get flagged.

Make a threat of bodily harm against the top man and armor clad jack boots will pay you a visit.

I would not be surprised if this whole site and everyone on it was on at least 1 list.

There is actually a risk rating assigned to each person, and there is a file for each of us, it's not combed through on a daily basis, it just sits there until someone ever wants to check you out for whatever reason.

Read about the Utah Data Center and the unimaginable staggering amount of information it can hold, and they are still building more storage centers on site.

Much just gets stored and is mined and combed through when and if there is a need, but anyone who ends up in court charged with a major offence always faces a history of all their internet searches.

No they may not care at all about you or me, but if and when they ever do, everything you have ever done, said, or searched online is on record since several years ago and forever forward and before they get to your door they will have intel in hand and know your risk rating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...ough-social-media-assigns-you-a-threat-level/

Last edited:
I don't know if im the only one who feels this way, but I'll share my opinions on this issue. Im not a huge fan of politics or anything government related, so take that into account if some of my points don't make much sense.

I think, and fail to understand why the US gov't spends so much time on spying it's citizens, not taxing the rich and imposing sooo many laws and regulations for it's people to follow. Basically, in my mind, the US isn't going about the right way to fix the issues which plague this country and make life harsh for many people across the nation. In example, instead of spending tons of money toward surveillance and militarization of the police, why not first work on making sure all the homeless are taken care of and make sure everyone has access to food, water and any other essentials critical to survive!

It frustrates me how easily many problems could be fixed if the amount of energy spent on current "problems" was targeted toward helping improve the lives of American citizens. Again, I like to live everyday helping people and making sure everyone is taken care of, but it seems some don't like to see things that way.......

-Alex

Im glad the Canadian government doesn't give enough care to do most of this.

It's just not practical in Canada, there's too few people spread out over too much land. This is partly true in the U.S. too but most of our population is concentrated in the cities and the federal government has an unlimited budget, and as Alex just said, too much of it is spent on the wrong things.

Alan

APEX1

And tell us just how you would know that? Does every part of the the federal government that has a UAV/drone or satellite all work together and share all their info on what each other are doing?

That's what the Navy should be doing, but what about the FBI, NSA, and other alphabet soup that has drones and satellites, as well as all the state and county and some city law enforcement that is now using drones and other questionable surveillance technology? You can't seriously tell me they are watching the Chinese or North Koreans or the Middle East.

Alan

Just giving you my opinion. And just the fact that we aren't being watched.. Try and remember that most the people in the government at the security level are people just like you and I.

Last edited:
I think, and fail to understand why the US gov't spends so much time on spying it's citizens, not taxing the rich and imposing sooo many laws and regulations for it's people to follow.

Oldest reason that exists - FEAR.

A government's greatest enemy is not some outside force. It's their own citizens. This isn't unique to the US... look at history, more often then not, governments fall due to internal changes.

At this point in time, there isn't a single country or group of countries in the world that poses a risk to the US. To attack or challenge the US directly, through economic means or militarily, openly, would be to risk at best, mutual destruction, or at worst, just death.

Not taxing the rich? They are the rich, or in the employ of the rich.

Lots of models like this floating around... http://imgur.com/account/favorites/sJmn9wv

Of course even that model is misleading, it's not the 1% (which in the US would constitute over 3 million people!) it's the .01 and probably even fewer that control just about everything.

@ Apex

No we are not each and every one of us being watched on a screen while we pick up our newspaper.

However there is an internet search history and a phone call/received history for each of us and it is accessible by law enforcement and government.

There are data mining programs searching social media constantly for key words and phrases.
Just type ( DON'T DO THIS ) something about a threat of bodily harm against our top man and see if you don't have cops at your door.

And ever persons electronic file has a threat rating, even if it's zero or unknown.
That and there are in fact watch lists, no not everybody is on one, yes every ones internet history and phone history is kept and can be accessed by law enforcement and government.
No one is watching you, but you can be watched and you do have a data file.

Last edited:
Just type ( DON'T DO THIS ) something about a threat of bodily harm against our top man and see if you don't have cops at your door.

Using that guys name will probably garner the fastest reaction, but the situation is a bit scarier than that.

There's a kid sitting in jail for "threats" made oven an online game. There is a rap singer who is in jail for a song.

Were they absolute dumbasses in both cases? Yes. Did they mean to actually do anyone harm? No. Are they, and did they suffer beyond any common sense response? Yes.

Anything you type can and will be used against you.

Using that guys name will probably garner the fastest reaction, but the situation is a bit scarier than that.

There's a kid sitting in jail for "threats" made oven an online game. There is a rap singer who is in jail for a song.

Were they absolute dumbasses in both cases? Yes. Did they mean to actually do anyone harm? No. Are they, and did they suffer beyond any common sense response? Yes.

Anything you type can and will be used against you.

I hope I haven't already said too much. I wonder if maybe I should just become a Democrat party member and keep my mouth shut for the remainder of my life.

Alan