Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Gball coming soon

I remember "Monty Python's Flying Circus" very well. Used to watch it religiously.

It was a great show, though my wife at that time didn't get it, nor did most women. My friends would come over and watch it with me. TV has been crap for what seems like a very long time now. It's like a disco era that never died.

... Just 4 U Chris...A little Monty Python Humor....Hmmm...Like 90% of LPF knows who the Hell that is :thinking::thinking::thinking::p...Whatever !
See the attached pic !!...( Still waiting on the driver, should be soon )

CDBEAM Out ( There ):san::san:

how to upload photo

Six beams mo better! I won't be able to get that cyan cannon from you before I go to Qatar, probably leaving in a few days, maybe will have it mailed to me there, not sure I want to risk the loss.

Monty Python humour never clicked well with me either Paul, I think it takes a more proper Brit mindset to appreciate that kind of sillyness.

Oh, how can you say that, Chris? Did you ever see the "Lumberjack Song" performed? It was hilarious. "I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I sleep all night and I work all day". The movie, "The Meaning of Life" was inspired and had some very cerebral humor in it.

British Humor...I Luv it...Bone dry...sarcastic...Vulgar at times, typically absurd....pointed, taken at the expense of others...whom deserve to be made fun of. Fits me to a T...crotchety !!! Just Perfect !!

Disco era...Now...that was funny !!! John Travolta was Not acting...that was his real personality... Disco was so ....so....CAMPY.....But ya know...it was real....People knew how F'ing goofy they looked...but...they were real...they just did Not give a SH$T...What a scream....and the lack of PC....OMG....As the Wicked Witch said...
"Oh...What a World...What a Cruel, Cruel World "it has turned in to !!
Where is my Friken Flux Capacitor !! I wanna go back...I wanna go back...To Bad...So Sad 4 U !!...but now...I am here...to brighten up your day !!!!
HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! " Sit on it "

Oh........GOD......I just replayed a scene from Monty Python movie " The Life of Brian "

YOU know the scene...When Pontius Pilate was ....er...interviewing Brian !!!
I laughted so hard.....I cried !!!

Now that was an EPIC movie !!!!! Way ahead of its time !!:drool::drool::drool:...and...SO PC !

See here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elH6gBsXOhA

" Woo Wabskillius Waskel Woo "

Last edited:
Yes, they were all about satire. Everyone was fair game. I think some people didn't like it because their accents made them hard for some to understand.

Yes, they were all about satire. Everyone was fair game. I think some people didn't like it because their accents made them hard for some to understand.

Well...there were no accents in the way...when the Roman soldiers...were trying not to laugh...just pure outrageous humor !!!!
:eg::eg::eg::eg:

Last edited:
Oh, I get that. I loved Monty Python. I was just speculating why some people didn't like it. I could be all wrong about that. I understood them perfectly. ;)

You might have loved disco, CD, but the music stunk!!!!!! And the clothes were, as you said, soooo camp. People who persecuted me back in the 60s for having long hair suddenly grew theirs long. The CB radio became a must have accessory in ones car or truck. I hated every minute of it. That's a great big 10 4, good buddy.

Last edited:
Yea..Paul...the Disco Era.....was.....well....just F'ing Goofy....and Campy....and...the music did mostly sound alike...and CB radio's were a hoot !!

Oh NO...I did not care for Disco....and thought it was hilarious !!! But...very much amusing....in it's max Campy way !!

I suppose...I just wanna go back...even to that !! I am nostalgic...sadly so... So it goes...So it goes... CDBEAM

Last edited:
My nostalgia goes back to the last half on the 60s and first two years of the 70s. The music was transformative, the people were politically savvy and the times were unique. Most of the people were truly authentic.