Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss sells sleds?

WARNING -- I JUST PICKED UP ONE OF THE "FAKE" VIRUS INFECTION TROJANS FROM ONE OF THE GGW PAGES AT RAYFOSS

We need to see the other side of the sled.

Peace,
dave

its a good thing i have Malwarebytes for protection hhehehehe

daguin

its a good thing i have Malwarebytes for protection hhehehehe

Yeah. I'm on my friend's computer in Maine. I had to do a "song and dance" to clean it.

Oh well. She is all updated now ;)

Peace,
dave

I have 2 on the way I will post pics and the harvested diode in this thread.

In the mean time if you would Dave, keep an eye open on these... I feel that you have the most experience on identifying these from just pics.:)

nice nice nice!! heheheh dave,,, do you have a spare 405nm driver from Boblaser??

I asked her about this today...
She said they have been selling it since last week

daguin

I have 2 on the way I will post pics and the harvested diode in this thread.

In the mean time if you would Dave, keep an eye open on these... I feel that you have the most experience on identifying these from just pics.:)

As I said, I need to see the other side of the sled. I cannot see if the 6X heat sink is there with their picture.

nice nice nice!! heheheh dave,,, do you have a spare 405nm driver from Boblaser??

Sorry. No.

Peace,
dave

As I said, I need to see the other side of the sled. I cannot see if the 6X heat sink is there with their picture.
Here is what Faona sent me:
IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

there was more , but I thought these to be the best ones for your ID.
Thank you in advanced, Josh

daguin

IMG_1969.jpg

In the GGW sled, there is a "finned" heat sink that should be facing "up" in the upper right hand of the picture above. The picture shows the finned part to the right "side" of the sled (facing sideward) but not the one that should be facing "up."

4X sleds look identical to this sled WITHOUT the finned heat sink.

We may want to hold off until we get a few of these tested.

If they are the 4X sleds, they will be good for about 150mW.

Peace,
dave

Dave post the 6x sled of the finned heatsink if you can. I have looked and had no luck yet:(.

If this is the case at least I could ask them, in an unpleasant way to change the description on the site :gun: this should be a sign to them that they aren't going to get away w/ that petty crapola. I will wait of course to receive them just to verify
they are not 6x's. What else could I do?.

Here is a pic from Drews site of the 6x it is obvious of the finns in the bottom left hand corner the pic from rayfross dosen't have them:(
dscn0616cwtmk.jpg

still will have to wait for the units to arrive before I put the hammer to them for false advertise the start a thread then
<me taking a deep breath>.

Last edited:

daguin

Dave post the 6x sled of the finned heatsink if you can. I have looked and had no luck yet:(.

Here is a pic from Drews site of the 6x it is obvious of the finns in the bottom left hand corner the pic from rayfross dosen't have them:(
dscn0616cwtmk.jpg

BINGO! No need for me to find a picture of a 6X sled. You have one here. The 6X heat sink is visible in that pic. The heat sink is atached to the sled with a small phillips head screw and some thermal "putty." The 4X sled is identical but without that extra heat sink.

Peace,
dave

6xsled%20copy.gif

6xsled2%20copy.gif

6xsled3%20copy.gif

6xsled4%20copy.gif

these are the 6x GGWH20L.

As you can see the finned heatsink with the blu ray diode is facing up on the real ones.... not on the one's on rayfoss' site..

buyer beware.

-Kendall

daguin

these are the 6x GGWH20L.

As you can see the finned heatsink with the blu ray diode is facing up on the real ones.... not on the one's on rayfoss' site..

buyer beware.
-Kendall

I just want to reinforce that Kendall's pictures are NOT of the sleds from Rayfoss. His is definitely a 6X sled. We still don't know about the ones from Rayfoss.

WAIT until we see one of them, before you buy!

Peace,
dave

That really gets me steamed! Nobody is asking me for my GGW's anymore, and the phony ones are cheap but not the Real deal! -Glenn

Received my sleds today. I did this in the interest of LPF...they are the GGW-H10L 4x.

Now I begin the wheel and deal either for a couple of host or who knows.;)
I would send them back , but you know shipping and that rigmarole.

Monday I'll start a new thread bashing their attempt to sells these as GGW-H20L
6x.

Thanks in advanced Jander6442