Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RAYFOSS 1W 445nm

jbtm

Wow..56 feet, thats amazing! Lab use only I take it...Be hard for a host. Will have to consider.

Waiting for reviews. If this laser is to sped and has a good dot size at a long range, I'll consider buying it. My arctic at 20ft is a tad under 1cm. I just got done shinig it 18ft at my door, getting beam shots, and in 5 seconds i started seeing smoke in the beam from my door! :(

Arctic to my door after 10 seconds of beaming, at a range of 18ft.

Someone plan to buy this laser? I want to see reviews, if its to spec, I might buy my 3rd 1W blue laser...The waterproof thing makes me like it!

Awwww I sent rayfoss an email and she thanked me for the attention their site is now getting... : ' )

Last edited:

Ash

I got some additional clarification from Faona:
Here are the answers, I am sure you can figure out the questions.
1.The dot shape of 445nm 1W laser is in round (o) not (-).
2. For some commercial reason we will sell the hosts later but not this moment.(Thanks for understanding!)
3.We have no 445nm laser protective goggles at this time. Once available, we will let you know.
4.The new version 445nm laser has reverse-polarity circuit protection.

I still don't think the dot is going to be round. Rayfoss have never been known to go above-and-beyond for their products, so I don't anticipate corrective optics. I think she means that it is a dot (o) at short distances. But, I am still confident that it will be a bar (-) at >30'.

DJNY

I´m sure that it isn´t a circular dot at >30feet. Even CNI isn´t satisfied with the 445nm beam profile yet and LASERGLOW doesn´offer any 445nm laser cause of the bad beam specs.

So what do you guys think? Does rayfoss use legitimate drivers? I'd hate to buy one and have it crap out so soon.

Yeah, I'm debating whether to get this or the spartan. I guess they both have the same specs, unless this one has an actual circular beam.. But I guess it doesn't. And what is the duty cycle on this thing?

DrSid

30 seconds .. read the specs in the original link man.

Yeah, I'm debating whether to get this or the spartan. I guess they both have the same specs, unless this one has an actual circular beam.. But I guess it doesn't. And what is the duty cycle on this thing?

As I recall, the DL Spartan is made by CNI which is a top tier manufacturer; it's also a known and tested laser, unlike this one. Nobody knows how this will perform yet.

mays

Seems like they fixed the describtion now!

- 650mA fixed to 1200mA
- Duty circle: 30 seconds on, 5 seconds off !
- Focusable

Think I'll order one ^^

Last edited:

Ash

So what do you guys think? Does rayfoss use legitimate drivers? I'd hate to buy one and have it crap out so soon.
The drivers are fine, it's the build-quality I would be wary of (mis-aligned spring, not waterproof while focusing, beam not coming out straight.
I know that the CNI (Dragon-lasers) 445's are a much better build quality.
than Rayfoss.
At least with Rayfoss, if there is a problem, they offer a free 3-month warranty on all lasers.

So, it's not ready until the 17th... I'm definitely ordering it. Anyone else? I'll also do a review of it when I get it. I won't be able to get a power reading for it, but I do provide as much info and detail as possible.

So, it's not ready until the 17th... I'm definitely ordering it. Anyone else? I'll also do a review of it when I get it. I won't be able to get a power reading for it, but I do provide as much info and detail as possible.

Yep! :san:

I may wait until you get yours though! Do you have any similarly powered lasers to compare it? Wish LPM's weren't as expensive as they are...

jbtm

The drivers are fine, it's the build-quality I would be wary of (mis-aligned spring, not waterproof while focusing, beam not coming out straight.
I know that the CNI (Dragon-lasers) 445's are a much better build quality.
than Rayfoss.
At least with Rayfoss, if there is a problem, they offer a free 3-month warranty on all lasers.

Take a moment to relise what you just said. "waterproof while focusing". What does focusing do? Moves the lens forward and back. What happens when it goes back? Pushes air out. Forward? Sucks air in.

I asked them if I could focus my red laser under water. No. It's a thread, if you do, it will either create suction or pressure. They said focusing it under water will risk damaging the laser. I did a little focusing befor hand, luckily nothing happend. Else I have used it at the bottom of a pool (9ft) and in a hottub at 98F