Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radio Shack Red Laser

Chuck --
First read all the stickies her related to modding.
This laser may be better suited to a rebuild with LOC and driver. Sometimes, We use a housing as an opportunity to make a power laser.

HMike

ive read quite a bit but theres no pot on it for me to turn which seems like the only way that is talked about on here. so yeah

That is a 5mW laser and only a 5mW laser. Pot mods are wack.
Your better off spending a little bit
more and either DIY or have one of the many awesome members on this forum build your laser for you !

You're not LISTENING! LISTEN so we can help you! Pot modding is a bad idea!

hrm...I must disagree. I pot modded my DX 30mW, now it's outputting 478mW, completely stable with no heat generation :D

Asherz

Don't mess with him Moh :, but listen to everyone pot modding doesn't work, if you want a cheap laser just get one from DX if you are outside the US, as they no longer ship there. If you want to spend a little more then have a look at some of the recommended DIY stores on here, or talk to some experienced members and ask if they will build one for you :)

Pot Modding is for green lasers. It only ever really worked on a few models of green laser, back when greens were less common. These days, a green laser is usually already set to the max by the factory and any further pot modding will simply destroy the laser. As mentioned above, the mod for this laser is to rebuild it so it uses a more powerful diode with a suitable driver. There are members here who can do this for a fee, or you can read up here and DIY.

Please don't tell me you bought the red pen that they sell for $30... ugh..

Only Radioshack knows how to sell a 5mw pointer for $30...

I know... I work there.

Please don't tell me you bought the red pen that they sell for $30... ugh..

Only Radioshack knows how to sell a 5mw pointer for $30...

I know... I work there.

I feel bad for you LMAO. Every time I ask them a simple question I get a shoulder shrug, or an "I'm not sure". I feel like screaming "Well why the F*** do you work here if you dont know?" Lucky my GF always anticipates my reaction and defuses the situation with a smile and hug LOL.

I've been there plenty of times.

Can I help you?
I'm just looking for SCRs.
SCRs?
Silicon controlled rectifiers.
I have NO idea, dude.
Thanks.

haha I DO understand. However, I'm one of the few who actually shopped those parts drawers before I began working there. I know those things like the back of my hand. But hey, we get MAYBE one customer per week, looking for something from the parts drawers, and they usually already know what to grab.

seriously what happened to the parts drawers?! there used to be an aisle and a half of them now there are like 8 drawers and they are usually a mess. And NO I DONT WANT A DAMN CELL PHONE!