Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant 4X LPM is not defective

Re: Radiant 4 LPM DEFECTIVE

Paul, have you heard of double posting because you are the king of it......use the dang edit button

Livinloud, I used the insert link, I used the insert image link, where is the dang edit button? I haven't seen fit to insult you, I would appreciate the same courtesy. You haven't been on this forum so much longer than I to get nasty about anything, but at least you are not family. Paul

Time on the forum doesn't matter, contributions do. Also bottom of your posts it clearly says edit. I make it a point to not respond to people who double or triple post. It makes you look desperate and other things that ill keep to myself since it seems you get up tight over small stuff said. I never insulted you, I gave you advice.

Remember you are coming to us for answers so don't snap back at us. We don't have to help you, we are doing you a favor so respect us and that.

ARG

It appears that the drivers have not been installed correctly, so if you've tried installing the drivers normally and it doesn't work it's probably because Windows 8 sucks.

Try disabling the driver signature requirement on Windows 8 and see if that works for you :beer:
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorial...abling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

Edit: Before you do that, what does it say when you try to install the drivers normally?

Last edited:
Livinloud, The edit link at the bottom of posts did not help me with moving Photos to the post at all. You're right I did one time yesterday post twice what I found out about the virus. Not out of desperation or for any other purpose than to bring to the forum an issue which I thought would be helpful because a Norton tech had assured me that the meter I was using was infected with a virus. I couldn't find the post after a few hours and it seemed important enough to pass this on again just in case it was held up for one reason or another. It is something I will never do again. So, if you feel somehow better by calling me the king of double and triple posts, well enjoy. I try to treat everyone with respect and after you get some more years under your belt I think you'll find it is a good policy. I responded to your posts to me and feel I was respectful even when your first post was sarcastic. You don't have to help me, in fact nothing you have said so far has been any help at all. Normally I would keep that to myself, but you have tough skin like you said, so thanks for the very helpful advise. Paul

ARG, thank you. I will try that tomorrow. It is a possibility that hadn't occurred to and is worth a try. Thank you, Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

csshih

I've uploaded a newer (and signed) driver package to the site- try installing that one. That shouldn't involve disabling the driver sign check.

Craig

Last edited:

:):)csshih, Thanks. I will give it a try tomorrow. I'll first have to turn off Norton and then I can download it. I appreciate all you are doing to try to help me.
Gratefully, Paul
P.S. It does make the sound you normally hear when you install a device in the Com port. It also recognizes the device in add devices in "change PC settings". Then it says doesn't have a driver for the meter even though I seem to have a working Radiant Data Logging driver set up in desktop. Paul

Last edited:

Dude you continue to double post. Edit your previous post and after it put EDIT: and the new information. Btw my first post was 100% serious and so was my post about the kenometer and everything up to the double post king. People tend not to answer when you double post, sorry its the facts. Also for you to say I'm on the same level or to get more years under my belt is absolute BS. As I said before; time since joined has nothing to do with anything other than a start point for time until you are considered a "vet" here but you need other things to be a vet as well. Reapect is earned by contributing and answering peoples questions. Sorry I feel you have a, excuse the expression, nvm ill refrain because its not worth my time

This is strange, I have Windows 8 and Norton internet security and had no problems, however at the time I got my LPM the Radiant LightSpeed software was not available for download at the time, so I downloaded Peregrine instead thinking that either one will work so I never went back to download the Radiant LightSpeed because the Peregrine worked. Now when I installed the drivers there were 2 drivers and it installed one and displayed an error on the other one saying install failed, however it still recognized the meter when plugged in and Peregrine recognizes it too. So I am thinking this is a compatibility issue with the Radiant LightSpeed software and Windows 8 or Norton or with a specific computer.

Alan

Last edited:

Pi R Squared, sorry to be away for so long. I have been trying to keep my Norton security from going into my loaded and working Radiant Light Speed data logging and screwing it up. This happened to me three times. I had to turn Norton off to download the Lightspeed and the drivers. It worked for data logging, but later it would recognize the meter, but wouldn't data log. so, I turned off Norton and started over and it worked for a short period of time. If I left it alone for three days it would wipe out everything. So, I got in touch with Norton for the third time and got them to exclude these programs from my Norton security. It still recognizes the meter and does data logging, but time will tell if I actually have all the problems with Norton resolved. Thanks, Paul

Idk if its of help but I use McAfee and have had zero problems with recognizing a meter or data logging. Might be of interest to switch to McAfee after Norton runs out. I used to use Norton but found McAfee to be better in the long run. Just food for thought

Re: Radiant 4 LPM IS NOT DEFECTIVE

update: I just tried my Radiant data logging again for the first time today and everything worked perfectly. This is the first time 24 hours have elapsed without my Norton screwing with my data logging, so I think I will tentatively call this one solved. Interesting thing about the difference between my LaserBee II and Radiant, I have several 532 nm DPSSL builds and the one that measured 185 mW still measures 165 mW on Radiant. I let it log for 120 seconds and the power was still increasing when it ran out of time. These builds run on a single #18650 Li-ion battery and have duty cycles around 30 minutes. I can export the file I just made today for anyone interested in seeing it. Thanks, Paul:wave::wave:

Last edited by a moderator: