Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Question about Wicked Lasers

Hello all,

Joined this forum recently and have been trying to take in as much info as possible, my friend kind of hooked me on lasers and now I want some.

Ok, now to the question. Has anyone bought any lasers from Wicked Lasers? I'm planning on buying some but wasn't sure what everyone thought of that company. Are they reputable? Do they have good customer service? Do most of you buy from them or is there a better place to buy from?

Thanks in advance.

LM25

Wicked has nice lasers, but they are too expensive nowadays.
Try o-like or rayfoss, they are much cheaper, and everyone says they have good customer support. Look around in the reviews section before you buy anything.

Hello all,

Joined this forum recently and have been trying to take in as much info as possible, my friend kind of hooked me on lasers and now I want some.

Ok, now to the question. Has anyone bought any lasers from Wicked Lasers? I'm planning on buying some but wasn't sure what everyone thought of that company. Are they reputable? Do they have good customer service? Do most of you buy from them or is there a better place to buy from?

Thanks in advance.

LM25
Hey, welcome to the forum man. Yeah, the company is good. I have an Executive pro 20 mW and it averages around 37mw! If you want to start out buying from Wicked Lasers buy an Executive. Making the shift to more expensive lasers will have to be taken in slowly. :san:

Wicked Lasers has recently be making a come back, before they were looked down upon
as they were known for steep prices and underpowered lasers. However, lately they
have been putting out some really nice lasers, although their prices are still a little to
high for my liking :whistle:

I've made a few purchases through them lately and I've been pretty happy with the service. The prices are a bit higher than their competitors, but they've always treated me well, and I don't mind giving them some of my business.

Arayan

Wicked Lasers sells many laser pointers of decent quality but expensive. For similar prices I strongly suggest Optotronics. Instead the WL safety goggles are a great product :)

Grix

Wicked Lasers are like Apple in the laser world. They make really good looking and neat stuff, but the prices does not justify it. The RPL of optotronics is both cheaper and has better quality than f.ex the Spyder II of wickedlasers, but many still buy the Spyder II because they like the design (or don't know better).

Arayan

Wicked Lasers are like Apple in the laser world

I don't know if this definition may be applicable... maybe for the design... Apple has expensive but high quality products ... WL?

Wicked Lasers are like Apple in the laser world. They make really good looking and neat stuff, but the prices does not justify it. The RPL of optotronics is both cheaper and has better quality than f.ex the Spyder II of wickedlasers, but many still buy the Spyder II because they like the design (or don't know better).

I've never thought of it like that. That is a perfect comparison to describe WL!
And I think wicked has really stepped up their quality of the late. Has anyone seen any complaints about them lately?

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

LM25

Apparently, they have a sketchy past.I purchased an Evo Pro 40mw green from them and love it, it is the best laser I own.And I bought it because I bought a core(5mw 532nm) for a friend and was amazed at how nice it was.
I have never tried to return anything to them, so they could be horrible in that regard and I would not know.But for what it is worth, I l have been pleased the 2 times I have used them, very pleased.
They are said to be overpriced, but I have not tested any of the inexpensive new greens to see how well they worked, so I cannot comment in a meaningful way there.

I hope this helps.

I don't know about they're newer stuff, apparently they're quality decreased after they stopped selling CNI. I think they might be on the rebound though now, but the cost needs to come down to match the time. It's like they are selling lasers in 2006 still.

optotronics is great! helped me alot with first 150mw greenie. emails answered within hours. plus they were recommended from here so yea:) hope this helps

Do your homework. WL handed a pile of high end lasers to the vets around here for testing. Most were up to pare, with the only real complaint that they were over priced. But, a few members have gotten units after that, and they have had less than stellar performance from them. Also some bad communication.

IMO if you have the money to buy a WL laser, get a RPL from Optotronics. Its a better laser, better company to deal with, and you'll save some money.

And WL is nothing like an Apple. Apple has always put out cutting edge, high quality products. WL had crap lasers, service, and prices. They are now just starting to implement some quality, and by some of the reviews, not from the vets, its still iffy to say the least.

And WL is nothing like an Apple. Apple has always put out cutting edge, high quality products. WL had crap lasers, service, and prices. They are now just starting to implement some quality, and by some of the reviews, not from the vets, its still iffy to say the least.

Yep:D
Just to share my experience, before I came to LPF, I ordered a pulsar pro(before I knew I could make my own reds for cheap) from WL, had problems from the very beginning. Steve claimed he didnt have them instock, even though on their web page it said in stock now! with the exclamation point. Took over a week before I got my money back, and steve offered me a $100 credit to his store to 'make it right', well I have sent them many emails to claim this credit, and never one response.
IMO I dont think much has changed with WL, they tried to win the forum by sending vets the best, up to spec lasers they had, so they would post reviews to drum up business, but when a normal customer buys from them, its the same old crap.