Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problems with DX and GloMania USA

Just posting this to find out if others have had issues with GloMania and/or are having issues with DX at the moment?:undecided:

I bought a selection of items from DX, that I needed to complete the rest of the Krytons; tailcaps, clickies etc that hadnt been included with the hosts and DX only shipped part of the order.

On the website it said that the order had been completed and that everything had been shipped, ie they hadnt split the order. So I tried to contact them through their ticket service, their feedback page and the online chat, but nothing...no replies, chat was permanently busy - even left it on for 4 hours on one occasion to see if they would answer...

Anyway anyone have any ideas, before I start a dispute?:thinking:

On a second note, yes doing well with my orders ;), Id steer clear of a company called GloMania USA.

Deciding to order the glow powders from them for the Kryton hosts, I ordered their 4 x 1 oz set (Green, Aqua, Blue and Violet), unfortunately they sent me the 4 x 10 g set... The reason I actually noticed, and not because each packet was marked with 10 g :tinfoil:, was because I had ordered a separate 1 oz bag of red...

Anyway I have since sent 3 emails, 2 online contact requests and now finally started a dispute with PP. They too have completely ignored any attempt to contact them. :mad:

So just a heads up, be wary of GloMania and DX is not living up to its usual customer service.

Any suggestions welcome! :beer:

Last edited:

Tmack

Damn I just ordered a batch of gitd powder from glomania. Only ordered one color though. Hopefully they won't screw it up. Sorry to hear about that. I will surely take your advice on my next order.

Well hope I hope it all works out and you dont have to deal with their customer service...;) Have you ever tried to contact them on their website? :thinking: :beer:

Tmack

I used eBay. The first company I bought powder from was great never had to contact them. But this on says the powder has been shipped. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I got the green powder. But I'm thinking about ordering some red for my black Zaser that's coming. Any other companies any good. I know inovative lasers is owned by a member and sells powder by the gram I think. He's got that fire!!! Lol all this talk about powder!jk jk jk

Well I didnt find any others selling Eu doped red. So I just ordered the entire lot from them...

Technoglow has similar prices, but no red. They have an orange and gold though.

If you really want red, hold off until Ive tested it. Ill find out the rough glow time and get back to you. From what Ive seen, neither the red, nor violet glow anywhere near as long as the others. I knew this already, but it might be an idea to compare their red with the glow time given for the older ZnS based glow powders. The red is very pricey and advertised as a long glow powder, so it would be better to check if it really is worth the extra cash.:beer:

Tmack

That would be great. Thank you very much. Really I don't know if I want to do it to the black Zaser but if I were to do it , it would be in red.

No idea about Glomania, but I've never had a problem with DX's customer service -- even if their shipping has always been terribly slow. They have messed up orders in the past, but rectified the problem each time -- usually to my benefit. You took a picture of the contents of what you did receive and all that right?

Hey BB yes I sent pictures of the packet and the contents. I just havent had any replies? My ticket has been "WaitForStaff " for the past 6 days...I have even added a comment to the ticket in the hopes it might get bumped and also tried using their feedback service, to point out that my ticket is still awaiting a response. The last thing I tried was to use their chat service, and on more than one occasion, but no one answered - It simply stated that all operators were busy?

Ive also ordered quite a few things from them in the past and only once had an issue. About 1.5 years ago they sent me a camera instead of a flashlight and that was sorted immediately. This is also why I said they arent living up to their usual customer service.

GloMania on the other hand sent me tracking info and then went silent. The email they used was their service and contact email and the same one I used to try and sort out the shipping error.

Ive given up on Glomania and will let PP sort that one out, but Id still like to give DX a chance. Any other ideas how to contact them? :thinking:

Last edited:
Well, sometimes people post in their forums to get some attention, especially if it's been a while. Maybe that'll help?

Tmack

Got my powder from glomania. Everything was OK. Not much to mess up. Or for a small amount of red from Nick at innovative lasers to try it out.

Well, sometimes people post in their forums to get some attention, especially if it's been a while. Maybe that'll help?

Good idea. Ill have a look at their forums and try to get a response.:beer:

Got my powder from glomania. Everything was OK. Not much to mess up. Or for a small amount of red from Nick at innovative lasers to try it out.

Ok great glad to hear it. Will PM you in a couple of days about the red.:beer:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
For GITD supplies I've had good experiences with readysetglo.com over the years. All the colors, paints, powders, etc you could ever want. I've been VERY happy with everything I've ever ordered from them with the exception of the red and orange phosphor powders. I used those (mixed with some urethane) to make a big (queen size bedsheet) GITD `blackboard'. It was pretty cool but stank BAD. Selenium has a pretty nasty rotten egg odor and that sheet I painted this stuff on reeked. If I had used a different type of paint as a binder things might have worked out better though.

Last edited:
They look ok, but their prices for 1 oz eg Green are $24 and nearly 3 x the cost of most other places! ;) With the exception of eg GloInc who are also way over priced, 1 Oz can normally be had for around $ 8 - $10...

Thanks for the info though. :beer:

Blord

They look ok, but their prices for 1 oz eg Green are $24 and nearly 3 x the cost of most other places! ;) With the exception of eg GloInc who are also way over priced, 1 Oz can normally be had for around $ 8 - $10...

Thanks for the info though. :beer:

Gloinc has these prices for the Ultra Blue Glow in the Dark Powder.
1/4 Ounce - $8.98
1 Ounce - $25.98
4 Ounces - $77.98
1 Pound - $232.98
5 Pounds - $871.98

Where did you find 1oz for $8-$9 ?

Tmack

I got mine for the GITD MSSSW from eBay for $9 for one ounce. It glows very well.

Last edited:
Gloinc has these prices for the Ultra Blue Glow in the Dark Powder.
1/4 Ounce - $8.98
1 Ounce - $25.98
4 Ounces - $77.98
1 Pound - $232.98
5 Pounds - $871.98

Where did you find 1oz for $8-$9 ?

Ah got it sorry Kot missed a comma. ;)

With the exception of eg GloInc, who are also way over priced, 1 Oz can normally be had for around $ 8 - $10...