Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problems focusing a GGW diode trough plastic lens

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

daguin

is it hard/dangerous to press it to where it should be then? Btw, what did it test on the LPM at 190mA? :D

It is pressed all the way. The manufacture of the modules is NOT precision. Some of them are more shallow than others. The same problem is present with the lens nuts, the lenses, and the focus rings. You have four low precision parts being assembled together. Sometimes you have to adjust a component.

I do not recall the test now. I normally reported it to the owner at the time the work is done (if I thought you wanted it.)
I'm sorry but the replacement of a single diode is NOT important enough for me to retain permanent records.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

jayrob

@jayrob, are those the same than O-like sells? I prefer buying from them, just because I've dealt with them many times already hehe :D

Yours,
Albert

The ones pictured at o-like, look just like the AixiZ ones that I have tested. But I have not tried one form o-like, so I cannot answer for sure. But it looks the same.

Notice that their picture shows the lens nut that is only half threaded. That is what I was talking about before. You want the nut with the full length threads. That way you can put a focus ring at the top. See pictures of installation direction here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/lenses-available-stonetek-org-comparison-44519.html

D

Deleted member 8382

No problem dave, I was just curious. Your help was already great!

@jayrob: Why isn't stonetek listing them? Don't you have one of these? After all the tests you maybe have one of them somewhere xD Thanks for all the help :)

jayrob

I'm sure Greg will be listing them...

He just had back surgery and some complications with the surgery. But from what I heard last, he was going home from the hospital, so hopefully he will be alright.

I gave one of my AixiZ 405 glass lenses to FML for more testing, but I do have one left that I got from AixiZ. It is the 'half threaded' nut style though. So you would not be able to put an AixiZ focus ring on it unless I mounted it into a full length AixiZ nut.

If you order from the e-bay link that I posted a few posts back, I'm sure they will send it. I have ordered from AixiZ quite often, and they have gotten much better.

But the main thing, is that you first check to see if they are now selling their 405 glass lens in a full length threaded nut. As the e-bay add shows... (in order to put the focus ring on)

Last edited:

HIMNL9

@HIML9: Where can I find this lens? I'm a bit confused because O-like sells theirs for 15$ (price drop?). Anyway, if for 15$ I get a solution for this and also increase the power I might consider it xD

The ones that i have actually for 405 are the ones that aixiz sell at ebay, i buyed some of them there.

Opposite to the picture (on ebay, on 405nm lens auction is showed a lens similar to the red one), their lens holders are threaded only at the first half, then in the midle there's an o-ring (that, anyway, remain outside the thread in my ones, so for keep it stable is just a fail :p), then the last (external) half of the lens holder is smooth, no threads.

Don't know if the o-like ones are the same, cause i don't have them, sure is that they look the same, at leas from the pics .....