Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problem with blue laser

Hello! I'm 23 years old. I'm a radiotechnology teacher from Severodvinsk, Russia.
Our club is situated in the children's community.
The collective of our orphanage decided to conduct technical festival in the radiotechnology club and other clubs. My pupil Ivan create the model of laser CNC. I help him to protect his project. We have got big chance to win the first place and prize.
The model of laser CNC build on the blue laser diode. But some days ago I had got a very big problem. My laser diode has been killed!! I don't know the reason... I bought my laser from DTR. But the festival will begin 24 December. I must to get it before the beginning of the festival!!! But I haven't got money for laser diode and EMS shipping because my salary is 250$ per month. I can't to buy the laser diode because I have got few money. DTR say that he can help me (thanks!) and make some discount. Can you help financially? How many money can you give to me and to unfortunate children without parents?
Please! answer me! I have got few time! I hope the collective of LPF can help me! God bless you! Thank you for you attention!

Sorry for my bad English!
DTR can confirm my words.

DTR

I do get a lot of similar requests and find it hard to make the time to query about the cause. I told him if the community thinks his cause it worthy I would go $25 toward him getting the diode.:beer:

Thank you. But we have to catch up tomorrow. If you can not help, it does not help anything. Have to give up, though it's hard. I only have $ 40. On the rest I need to feed my children.

What driver did you use? Was it a lab or handheld? You might want to figure out what caused the laser to die before getting a new one because these don't usual just die. People might be more willing to help you if they know that this diode won't be killed immediately because of lack of proper equipment.

I need in the 16$ to buy laser driver buy EMS! Who can provide financial support to the children's home?

DTR

Now you said you built a new driver with a LM317 and would not be using that boost driver again right? Also can you give us a quick rundown on the competition that this will be used for. Also will you have proper safety glasses for the kids when using the unit?

Ok. I don't want use the boost driver because I can't buy laser diode every day :)
I have got yellow glasses for children and plexiglas wall of yellow around the CNC machine. It looks like a machine with two planes. The laser can move along the axes OX and OY. My pupil wrote the program in the Atmel AVR studio for control the stepper motors. The laser can burning the plastic, wood, paper and other materials. My pupil working last 1.5months and we don't want our results has been unnececcary. :(
If you have got any questions, please write me in this thread!
Sorry for my bad English again

Last edited:

Encap

Maybe use a non-laser LED instead to demonstrate---low cost and available most anywhere

Last edited:
I had this idea, but then we decided not to. It would look ineffective. The festival will present the important people who are interested to see a real practical application. Especially, the development invested a lot of physical and spiritual resources. We do not want them to be wasted. We want our project was competitive.

DTR

Looks like a very kind member has also thrown in to cover the remaining balance so you are good to go. We would like updates on how the contest goes.:beer:

It is the translating program of the third festival:
1.General situation
1. Relevance of the children and youth festival technical creativity caused by the growing role of science, technology, and information technology in social and political life of Russia.
2.Nastoyaschee Regulations determine the procedure and the rules of the open city of the Youth Technical Creativity Festival "Creative" (hereinafter - the Festival).
3. The festival is held under the auspices of the Arkhangelsk regional department of the Russian Engineering Union.
4. The festival is organized to enhance public value of children and youth scientific and technical work, to improve career guidance and exchange of professional experience in the field of scientific and technological activities.
5. Objectives:
5.1 Creating the conditions for a public presentation of the students' work and projects that implement technical ideas.
5.2 Promotion of new knowledge in areas of modern science and technology.
5.3 professional development of teachers, the expansion of professional communication.
6. Information about the festival is hosted at Èíôîðìàöèîííûé ïîðòàë óïðàâëåíèÿ îáðàçîâàíèÿ ã.Ñåâåðîäâèíñêà

2. The founders and organizers of the Festival
1. Educational Management Administration Severodvinsk;
2. Arkhangelsk regional department of the Russian Engineering Union;
3. JSC "Production Association" Northern Engineering business, the Enterprise "
4. Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after MV University;
5. Municipal budget educational institution of additional education for children "Youth Centre Science and Engineering" Severodvinsk (hereinafter - TSYUNTT).
For the preparation and conduct of the contest in the prescribed manner TSYUNTT forms the organizing committee.

3. Festival participants
Students of educational institutions of the Arkhangelsk region aged 10-18 engaged in technical creativity, teachers. The festival attracted lecturers and experts productions.

4. Time, place and conditions of the Festival
1. Festival (final stage) is held in the town of Severodvinsk 3 and 4 May 2012.
2. Location:
2.1 "House of Technology" ("Dietrich"), Lenin Prospect, 9;
2.2 TSYUNTT building № 1, Street Captain Voronin, house 27a;
2.3 TSYUNTT building № 2, Karl Marx street, house 24a.
3. The festival invited teams of students (5-7 students, preferably of different ages), accompanied by a teacher (1-2 people).
4. The host country will organize and the cost of placing five children and one companion (hostel accommodation team in the region (from 2 nd to 4 th May), and food for all official participants of the Festival (3rd and 4th of May) ).
5. Participation in the Festival Organizing Committee submitted no later than April 17, 2012 with a mandatory confirmation of inclusion in the team of the Festival (sample applications - Application number 1).
6. Mechanism and location of the meeting in agreement with the Organising Committee individually.
7. Festival schedule of events will be reported separately.

5. Approximate Regulations Festival

Day One (May 3)

1. Opening ceremony
- Acquaintance with the rules of the Festival;
- Presentation of the commands "Cut-away".
2. Scientific-practical conference "From idea to invention." Work in sections.
3. Team competition: "Be of good cheer!" (For children).
4. Workshops, exhibition and sale of methodological and educational literature (for teachers).
5. Review Competition products and technical creativity, "the strength of materials."
6. The cultural program.

Day Two (May 4)

1. "Technoshow." Demonstration of products and models.
2. Scientific-practical conference "From idea to invention." Plenary session.
3. Visit to the Museum of the NSR.
4. Closing Ceremony
- Theatrical team techno skit "Science - it's fun!";
- Rewarding.
5. Round table (grand summing up).

6. The content of the Festival events

"Card"
Speech greeting the team on the scene for more than 5 minutes (in the style of WHC). Team must have a name, logo, slogan, welcome one style or color of clothing.

Scientific-practical conference "From idea to invention"
1. The conference includes two days of work, and is a key event of the festival. Participation in the conference - an indispensable condition of the Festival. Recommended to prepare at least two student papers and reports from teachers. Expected to publish a collection of conference materials (articles, theses). Complying with all requirements and deadlines for the publication collection will be released by the beginning of the Festival.
2. Theme of the collection and conferences:
- Design and creation of products and technical direction (radio construction, robotics, shipbuilding, aircraft, motor simulation, layout, design (various designs), photos, information technology);
- The technique and technology of conducting classes in pools of scientific and technical profile;
- Theory and practice of modern science and technology;
- Experience in the organization of the supplementary educational scientific and technical profile;
- Problems and prospects of development of the Youth Science and Engineering.
3. The first day of the conference. Work in sections.
In sections the opportunity to speak to anyone wanting regardless of personal experience, and scientific significance of the report. The desire to make a report to inform the Organizing Committee no later than two weeks prior to the Festival. The application must include: title, name, status report (student, teacher, etc.), name of institution, for students that age, class association. To organize the appointed head of the section. Speaking time for 5-10 minutes. It is recommended to perform a demonstration of their work. The report recommends the best head of the section for the plenary session the following day.
4. The second day of the conference. Plenary session.
The plenary session attended by the authors of the best reports on the results of the working groups and the authors of the best papers submitted to the Organizing Committee. Speaking time 7-12 minutes. You can use a multimedia presentation. It is recommended to perform a demonstration of their work. According to the results of the conference will be awarded certificates, diplomas and prizes.
5. Conference Proceedings (articles, theses). Participation in the publication.
Those wishing to participate in the publication in time for April 20, 2012 must submit an application and a report (an individual or a group of up to three co-authors) in electronic form on the carrier or by e-mail to the Organizing Committee.
Requirements for preparation of the report:
- The volume of the report of no more than 7 pages;
- Text in MS Word 2003 (extension. Doc);
- A4 format, font Times New Roman, 12 point type;
- Single interval;
- All margins of 25 mm, pages are not numbered;
- Indentation 10 mm, width adjustment;
- Figures embedded in the text (no more than three to the report);
- The list of references in accordance with the guests;
- The title of the report shall include: title, initials and surname of the author (authors), organization, city (town).

Review Competition products of technical creativity "strength of materials"
Presents the work of students (individual and collective), implementing rationalization, inventive, scientific ideas in the field of technical creativity, students' work (individual and collective) for technical modeling, the same work, demonstrating a high level of development of the program in due course.
1. The participants of the competition creativity of students' strength of materials, "according to applications are divided into the following age categories:
- The youngest age group: 10-13 years;
- Senior age group: 14-18 years.
2. Areas of exhibition activities:
- Photo exhibition;
- Modeling, prototyping;
- Design;
- Scientific and technical design.
3. The order of creation of the competition students
Application form submitted two weeks before the festival. The application includes: Name author of the work (of the authors), age, educational institution, a class (the union), name manager, position, competitive nomination, the name of work. Since the application is filed explanatory note. Requirements for the notes:
- The volume of 1-3 pages, in A4 format,
- Text in MS Word 2003 (extension. Doc);
- Times New Roman, size 14;
- Line spacing of 1.5;
- The content of the explanatory note: Name Author and director of the project, the project name (the product), a brief description of the product, its ideas, manufacturing technology and application;
- Applications: drawings (diagrams, flow charts), photos of the product.
Application form and explanatory memorandum sent to the Organizing Committee in accordance with these terms. Expert Council determines best work. According to the results of the competition will be awarded with certificates and prizes.

"Technoshow" (if possible)
The event involves organizing demonstrations of existing products and models of the Festival in the wild, in areas of technical creativity of the generalists (automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, ship, missile, robot, radio, design, etc.).

Team competition: "Be of good cheer!"
1. Quizzes erudition in the field of science and technology;
2. Interesting mechanics - "Pull the rope." Designing and building the existing mechanical demo machine (system) and applied utilitarian purpose, made from "scrap" materials;
3. TRIZ contests.
Winners will receive awards and prizes.

Master classes. Exhibition and sale of textbooks and methodical. Exchange of experience.
Festival participants requested to bring their "portfolio" of documents (programs, manuals, brochures, etc.) in paper and electronic form, for the mutual exchange of information. Best documents submitted to the Organizing Committee will publish a collection of the next festival.
Teachers participating in the festival, it is proposed to arrange a master-class in their profile, which is necessary to inform the Organizing Committee no later than April 20.
Participants and organizers of the master classes will be awarded certificates and diplomas.

Theatrical team techno skit "Science - it's fun".
Commands parties are invited to come up with and implement the closing of the festival pageant in random-comic form. In the miniature setting of no more than 7 minutes, each team must submit (parody) its own scientific and technical work, his project, product, device, process of its creation, physical and other processes associated with scientific and technological activities.
The best performances will be awarded prizes.

7. Festival guide
1. Leaders Festival Organizing Committee is headed by the chairman.
2. The composition of the Organizing Committee of the Festival includes representatives MBOU DOD "TSYUNTT." Also in the Organizing Committee may include representatives of the founders of the festival.

8. Contact the Organizing Committee:
All applications and materials sent to:
164500, Arkhangelsk, Severodvinsk city, Street Captain Voronin, house 27a MBOU DOD "Center for Youth Science and Engineering", Kolebakinoy Elena Nikolaevna, or e-mail e-mail: zavuch@edu.severodvinsk.ru marked "to the festival technical creativity. "
For more information, please contact the organizing committee:
- Director TSYUNTT - Neberikutin Andrey, tel.: (8184) 58-21-63.
- Chairman of the Organizing Committee - Deputy Director of OIA Kolebakina Elena, tel.: (8184) 58-50-14, 8-911-590-32-44, e-mail: zavuch@edu.severodvinsk.ru
- Deputy Director for mass organizational work, Evgenia Kuznetsova, № 2, st. Karl Marx 24a., Tel.: (8184) 53-62-45
- Head of the Scientific and Technical Department, Kolebakin Mikhail, e-mail: kolebakin@edu.severodvinsk.ru

Although I wasn't able to make any contribution myself I feel the need to congratulate all the LPF Members who were able to help garadlans2 & all of the Russian youth who participated in such an exciting endeavor. LPF is a virtual 'FAMILY' of people who all have one thing (at least) in common, and that thing is LASERS. 'Family' take care of all its members, & I for one am glad that LPF helped a Russian branch of our 'Family'. I have seen the LPF 'Family' help out its members numerous times, myself included, & am PROUD to be a member of the LPF 'Family'. WELL DONE to all that helped out our Russian members !!! :D :thanks: & :wave: phoenix77 / rob

GOOD LUCK AT THE FESTIVAL WITH YOUR PROJECT

Last edited:
GOOD LUCK AT THE FESTIVAL WITH YOUR PROJECT
Thank you very much! I'm very hope that my pupil will perform well with his CNC machine. It is good that there are people who can help free. DTR, will try to advertise you wherever possible.