Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

problem has been resolved, thanks to everybody that replied

Hello, new member here so take this for what it's worth. I purchased a 1.5w rifle brand from lazerer.com
The product came and doesn't work at all. My electrician buddy tested it, said its getting power, so in his opinion the board is bad. I have attempted to contact "Max" twice with no reply from him. He was happy to respond before taking my money, but not after the fact.

I have reported fraud with my CC company. They were happy to charge back my money. Still waiting to hear the outcome. I don't know if they are going to require me to send it back or not. If not then I'll do some reading here and maybe use the parts to build a working unit, but at this time it's a paperweight.

I just wanted to write up a PSA here since this forum is where I first heard about lazerer.com

UPDATE: problem has been fixed. The flat top batteries were absolutely the problem. The unit is now working fine.

Last edited:

Sta

Re: Lazerer.com is a scam

Welcome to the forum, thanks for informing us of this. I'll add your experience to my guide. Usually people have had good experiences with lazerer, but it seems you were dealt a bad hand :(

Reactions: GSS

Razako

That's unfortunate. I've received two good lasers from lazerer. Don't know why they just ignored you when there was a problem.

Did those batteries ship with the laser? I know nothing of that laser, but it looks like it takes 2 of them, the batteries look like flat top, not button top, when using 2 of them they will not make contact, also not all lasers have a spring at both ends. If you don't have some tiny neodymium disc magnets then get a pair of button top and try them. Also make sure you never insert the batteries backwards, you must also charge your new batteries before using them.

Alan

Pman

What Pi said. Some flat tops will touch each other but a lot won't so check across the 2 of them end to end and see if you are seeing over 8V as they should each charge to close to 4.2V. Did you verify it takes 2 cells and not a single 18650? If it takes 1 and you use 2 you would likely blow the diode, driver or both. Have a link to the actual laser purchased?

Last edited:

lazerer has been a joke many years, they sell lasers like those u get on ebay with zero QA avoid them and buy from places like jet lasers or laserbtb instead with good reputation here.

Did those batteries ship with the laser? I know nothing of that laser, but it looks like it takes 2 of them, the batteries look like flat top, not button top, when using 2 of them they will not make contact, also not all lasers have a spring at both ends. If you don't have some tiny neodymium disc magnets then get a pair of button top and try them. Also make sure you never insert the batteries backwards, you must also charge your new batteries before using them.

Alan

Max sent me this before it shipped out."Attention: Due to the new precaution taken by Hong Kong Post. To prevent the delay / loss of your order so far we cannot ship the li-ion battery to your country.... Your laser work on 2 x 16340 li-ion battery"

I purchased from batteryjunction.com and fully charged both sets using a Nitecore i2 charger.

What Pi said. Some flat tops will touch each other but a lot won't so check across the 2 of them end to end and see if you are seeing over 8V as they should each charge to close to 4.2V. Did you verify it takes 2 cells and not a single 18650? If it takes 1 and you use 2 you would likely blow the diode, driver or both. Have a link to the actual laser purchased?

Yes, here is the link.

RIFLE 445nm - 1.5W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

Brought from lazerer before and have good experience with them. Although I have a lens problem later on but Max is very helpful on resolving it. One more thing. The contact from on their site seem suck. I contacted them about five times about product selection but only two of the mail go through. Max ask me to send him email via sales@lazerer.com and I have no problem contacting them since then. Hope it helps.

diachi

Max sent me this before it shipped out."Attention: Due to the new precaution taken by Hong Kong Post. To prevent the delay / loss of your order so far we cannot ship the li-ion battery to your country.... Your laser work on 2 x 16340 li-ion battery"

I purchased from batteryjunction.com and fully charged both sets using a Nitecore i2 charger.

Alan and Pman make a good point about the flat tops. Not the first time someone's had that issue here.

What steps did your electrician friend take to check the laser was getting power?

You made sure to put the batteries in the right way from the start, right? Not blaming you if you didn't or judging, I've done it myself - It's not always clear from the documentation (or lack thereof) that comes with the laser. :p

Never been a fan of lazerer either - I usually suggest avoiding them. But if you have the laser, may as well try and get it working... :beer:

Alan

The batteries show 8v between them, however upon further inspection it does NOT have a spring on the tail cap. I will order button top batteries and will post the results ASAP. Thank you for bringing up that point.

Lazerer used to be good, but their service seems to have down hill.

It's been a very long while since I used one of their lasers, but definitely check whether it's case positive... and if batteries were inserted the wrong way due to lack of instructions, there is a fair chance you killed the driver.

Razako

That's my concern. If the batteries were initially put in the wrong way it might have killed the laser, and when that happens they'll sometimes still draw power without doing anything. Did any documentation come with the laser explaining the polarity? If not, it's an easy error to make. I don't believe either of my lazerer products explained this, and I had to check on their site to see the polarity.

In the case of the Rifle
Battery Direction: Case positive. ie. "+" ve toward tail cap.

I'm not trying to blame you at all here. IMO it's asinine if they sent you a laser without any instructions showing which way the batteries go in.

Last edited:

That's my concern. If the batteries were initially put in the wrong way it might have killed the laser, and when that happens they'll sometimes still draw power without doing anything. Did any documentation come with the laser explaining the polarity? If not, it's an easy error to make. I don't believe either of my lazerer products explained this, and I had to check on their site to see the polarity.

In the case of the Rifle
Battery Direction: Case positive. ie. "+" ve toward tail cap.

I'm not trying to blame you at all here. IMO it's asinine if they sent you a laser without any instructions showing which way the batteries go in.

It did not come with any documents or instructions. I did watched a YouTube review that showed which way to insert the batteries. Exactly like you said, + side facing the tail cap and that is the only way that I installed them.

I have a good feeling that the batteries being flat top and no spring in the tail cap is the problem here. I look forward to testing this theory in 4-6 business days when I get the new button tops.

Sta

It did not come with any documents or instructions. I did watched a YouTube review that showed which way to insert the batteries. Exactly like you said, + side facing the tail cap and that is the only way that I installed them.

I have a good feeling that the batteries being flat top and no spring in the tail cap is the problem here. I look forward to testing this theory in 4-6 business days when I get the new button tops.
If you put some aluminum foil between the battery and the tailcap you will be able to test it immediately. :)

Hi
When I get some flats that don't connect I just solder a little tiny button on them and the problem is fixed. I don't use magnets for a good reason o them grounding out on the host Rich:)